Everything posted by Baseball Gal
-
Sox @ KC Royals 4/4/24 6:40 central start
I think we're going to have to come to grips that Robert has as much swing and miss in his game as Moncada and will be similarly inconsistent from season to season. We've already seen it.
-
Sox @ KC Royals 4/4/24 6:40 central start
Soroka is no longer an MLB pitcher. His stuff is terrible. He's not fooling anyone. I know he's always been a sinkerballer but whatever he had before the injuries is gone.
-
Sox @ KC Royals 4/4/24 6:40 central start
Is Sheets finally going to go to Charlotte when Grossman is ready? Dude has 9 lives.
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
Dylan Cease and Luis Robert were the best of their blue chip prospects. The rest were all massive disappointments or busts. And even Cease and Robert are only 4-5 win players. They would have needed to hit on all of them to have a chance. You can argue that both underperformed based on their talent. Moncada can be a 4-5 win player but is way too inconsistent from season to season, and honestly I think it has to do with his contact issues.
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
?
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
This is true even though I'm guilty as charged.
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
Bingo. I'd rather they have given Barfield the top job than Getz. I'd be far more optimistic.
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
It's not that simple, I think Sox fans would be more willing to give the new guy a chance if he was a qualified individual from a successful organization. The fact that it's Getz to most is a change in name only, and is seen to most as a continuation of the Hahn/KW regime until proven otherwise.
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
Louder for the ppl in the back
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
He can be both because the main knock on him was that his fastball wasn't MLB quality. He got traded and immediately went from 90-92 to mid 90s. Those of us who didn't like the deal acknowledged his flaws with the Sox but also knew that a competent organization would help him find the velocity that the Sox couldn't.
-
Under what scenario would you consider offering Crochet and/or Kopech extensions?
Sale's was a 7 year one. It was 4 years with 3 team options.
-
Under what scenario would you consider offering Crochet and/or Kopech extensions?
This.
-
4/3: Sox vs. Braves @ 1:10CT
I'm shocked the game hasn't been ppd yet.
-
4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)
Crochet is so nasty. I don't remember his slider being this good out of the pen, and that cutter is filthy too.
-
4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)
What is the record for fewest runs scored in a season?
-
4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)
Well yeah but it will prove that there was horrible mismanagement by throwing him in the bullpen in 2020. Really, we could have 6 years of this guy right now but instead we only get 3 (if he doesn't get traded)
-
4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)
what I meant actually was replace him in the rotation after being shut down. Who knows how long it takes Clevinger to get ready anyway.
-
4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)
Crochet pitches well today, Hahn=idiot confirmed?
-
4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)
I wonder if the plan is just to start Crochet until he gets to 100 IP and then call up Nastrini or Eder.
-
Sosa in Chicago, Sox waiting to declide on ILoy
Ok, maybe I overstepped my bounds then.
-
Sosa in Chicago, Sox waiting to declide on ILoy
No it's Jerry being cheap and not wanting to pay an extra MLB salary. The epitome of penny pinching.
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
Bernstein is great. I like him.
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
No I think they're going to give the 62 Mets and 03 Tigers a run for it.
-
White Sox bring Mike Clevinger back, pending physical
A million times ew. That's all.
- 4/1 Braves @ White Sox, 1:10pm CT