Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Gal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Baseball Gal

  1. I think we're going to have to come to grips that Robert has as much swing and miss in his game as Moncada and will be similarly inconsistent from season to season. We've already seen it.
  2. Soroka is no longer an MLB pitcher. His stuff is terrible. He's not fooling anyone. I know he's always been a sinkerballer but whatever he had before the injuries is gone.
  3. Is Sheets finally going to go to Charlotte when Grossman is ready? Dude has 9 lives.
  4. Dylan Cease and Luis Robert were the best of their blue chip prospects. The rest were all massive disappointments or busts. And even Cease and Robert are only 4-5 win players. They would have needed to hit on all of them to have a chance. You can argue that both underperformed based on their talent. Moncada can be a 4-5 win player but is way too inconsistent from season to season, and honestly I think it has to do with his contact issues.
  5. This is true even though I'm guilty as charged.
  6. Bingo. I'd rather they have given Barfield the top job than Getz. I'd be far more optimistic.
  7. It's not that simple, I think Sox fans would be more willing to give the new guy a chance if he was a qualified individual from a successful organization. The fact that it's Getz to most is a change in name only, and is seen to most as a continuation of the Hahn/KW regime until proven otherwise.
  8. He can be both because the main knock on him was that his fastball wasn't MLB quality. He got traded and immediately went from 90-92 to mid 90s. Those of us who didn't like the deal acknowledged his flaws with the Sox but also knew that a competent organization would help him find the velocity that the Sox couldn't.
  9. Sale's was a 7 year one. It was 4 years with 3 team options.
  10. I'm shocked the game hasn't been ppd yet.
  11. Crochet is so nasty. I don't remember his slider being this good out of the pen, and that cutter is filthy too.
  12. What is the record for fewest runs scored in a season?
  13. Well yeah but it will prove that there was horrible mismanagement by throwing him in the bullpen in 2020. Really, we could have 6 years of this guy right now but instead we only get 3 (if he doesn't get traded)
  14. what I meant actually was replace him in the rotation after being shut down. Who knows how long it takes Clevinger to get ready anyway.
  15. Crochet pitches well today, Hahn=idiot confirmed?
  16. I wonder if the plan is just to start Crochet until he gets to 100 IP and then call up Nastrini or Eder.
  17. Ok, maybe I overstepped my bounds then.
  18. No it's Jerry being cheap and not wanting to pay an extra MLB salary. The epitome of penny pinching.
  19. No I think they're going to give the 62 Mets and 03 Tigers a run for it.
  20. Y'all still think the ALC is too bad for the Sox to lose 110+?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.