Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...71653&st=30
  2. Boy I thought Mo Williams made that shot. West missed an open three from the corner. Very good game and nice win by the Magic.
  3. Well hense why I mentioned the deep catcher draft. He is expandable. But Slayer? No way. I'd be pissed.
  4. If Slayer is anyway involved I will not like this. I'm high on Flowers too (though that could be interesting as far as the deep draft in catchers) but for that "PTBNL" that scares me.
  5. Watch the two PTBNL be Beckham and Flowers.. I will love to see peoples reactions here.
  6. Liriano is not quite there yet post TJ. He needs that extra year. He'll be good next season, just has to take his lumps. (though he's in the Verlander camp struggling against us)
  7. We've been saying that all season.
  8. He is simply ridiculous. From what people are saying he's just as good (some say even better) than Griffey comming out of high school.
  9. I like him alot too. He and Phelgey I'm big fans of. (like Phelgey a bit more, but Bailey has the better upside IMO) If he's there especially with the 3rd pick... you gotta take him.
  10. That's fine considering your at home and not drinking which is what this mom was doing. And there's a huge difference between 4 months old and 3 years old (and 1 yr old).
  11. Yea he's married so he's already screwed.. But I feel your pain Steve. I'm the same way. the best thing as already said is after the Hawks finish up their playoff run, you start the buisness (lots of water is always crucial, then work your way into smaller meals for the food) And if that doesn't work.. you can always starve yourself..
  12. Cept me. I will always love Jeremy Reed. My forever man crush.
  13. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    I love you.
  14. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Look at Big Jim hangin.. Would love to have a few beers with the "veteran".
  15. BA had more bad luck. Hit some solid shots, but Crede just robbed him twice.
  16. What's funny about that is that was his comparision comming out of the draft.
  17. Balta you should know by now it happens every year on this site, especially since I've been here. There's always a guy most people here would want who fell but we take a guy with a 8+ era in college or a .230+ ba and at the time it's actually pretty accurate as to why we would get mad. Yea we trust our scouts, but you also know that there's times in the later rounds where we just flat out pass on the better player (I.E. Suzuki for Lucy) Luckally last season the philosophy has changed, also having a top 10 pick and earlier picks in rounds doesn't hurt either. We got alot of draft picks this season, so it should be very interesting. I'm sure there will be a guy who will fall in the first cause of signability issues (happens most of the time) and it'll be interesting to see what many think we would do if he was in our laps with our pick.
  18. Should be an interesting draft for us. I expect us to revist Brett Basham and Christopher Cron in this draft who were former picks. I'm also sure we'll see some guys/projects with high eras in college taken in later rounds who either need a mechanic tweak, or to develop better their secondary pitches (like the Dominion boys, esp. D. Carter who was already bringing it with his 95+ gas but now has the command) Should be pretty interesting also to see half of soxtalk pissed at a pick.
  19. Since I'm getting more into the Bears mode I thought I'd share some thoughts on the team, specifically.. offense. Yes Cutler is sexy and will be a damn fine quarterback for us, but I ask myself (as does every Bears fan out there) Is Ron Turner the right guy calling the shots/plays as the offensive ordinator? Can he stop being so predictable, and also develop more of a game awareness? Personally most people know we can do alot better than Ron Turner and hell... fans from other teams even agree to that. I would love to see Shanahan (who is brilliant in game awareness and understanding) to be a coach of any kind (I.E. offensive ordinator/HC) in the future for Cutler, but I'll definitely give Turner the doubt for this season to see what he can do for Cutler. I found an interesting post/thought from a guy (name/or what he calls himself.. Coach Zamboni, who is well respected) on his thoughts about Turner that I'll paste here (though I shoulda lied to take all the credit.. but I'm not like that.
  20. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    God you kids have become alot cooler (or really grown up) these last two-four years. You guys were just babies (or losers ) at one time..
  21. ^^^^^^^ This. They have really f***ed with his whole stance/approach (not to mention his mind) the last couple seasons it's crazy.
  22. SoxAce replied to StrangeSox's topic in SLaM
    Ditto. Heard about this program a long time ago but like you said, it's very pricey not to mention your still buying stuff for a pull up bar, muscle drinks, food, perhaps weights, etc.. Though I heard the nutrition plan is very good, but I lack the common sense in direction so...
  23. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    From what I've been told, he's better than Konerko already in range. But his footwork needs work and also basic fundamentals. (I.E. scooping balls out of dirt, perhaps stretching to get the out, etc.) His athleticism as a first baseman (or in general) is off the charts though.
  24. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    No, I only highlighted the power from 08' cause that was just a sick rate of homers he was hitting. Probably a bit of a fluke, but was worth noting. I wouldn't make a point on improving if I was downing a stat. Makes no sense.
  25. He is an outstanding manager. Far better than I thought he was.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.