Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 09:44 PM) I have decided, after a number of beers tonight Ya, probably the magic number of two. That's usually how many it takes for you to get wasted.
  2. Hermida.... *creams on myself*
  3. Oh thank merciful Jesus and TCQ.
  4. Bailey's stuff is probably better than anyone elses in the rotation (Floyds is just a slight notch below.) I give it two years tops before he's the sexy ace on our staff, if he really figures it out or if these rumors are true.
  5. My god I f***ing love this deal.......... if it has one more player in it, but Bailey is sexy. Danks-Floyd-Bailey-Poreda (maybe) and perhaps another guy in the minors emerges or in the up comming draft..... Wow, I see an actual sun in the future.
  6. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 02:20 AM) Just for no reason, imagining the potential of a Danks/Floyd/Buehrle/Gallardo/Bailey rotation makes me tingly... No kidding. If they reach their 'true' potentials (esp. Bailey) then come, at the earliest 2010, Buehrle would probably be, at best, the #4 starting pitcher on his own team.. For the first time in a long, long time, the youth and the prospects in our system makes me giddy (and giggady) Futuresox would be insanely good to read up on (if they ever get back on their s*** )
  7. My god.... This probably won't fully hit me till months from now. A true pitcher in every aspect of the word. I've never seen a pitcher who could actually throw a pitch directly into a glove, anywhere he wanted and not have it move one inch like he did. Not to mention he was the best ever at fielding his position. I still won't/can't believe Mad Dog is gone... but he is. You think the Cubs are still sour on letting him go entering his prime 15+ years ago? Wow.
  8. Damn Salome would be very, very nice. Then Flowers can make the 1B/DH move. From what I've read, Salome is up there as having one of the best cannons at the catching position in the minors and a damn good athlete. And Gallardo is super sexy, so I know he's not going anywhere.
  9. Left 4 Dead = Amazing.
  10. SoxAce replied to YASNY's topic in SLaM
    MHizzle is a Hip-Hop fan just like myself.
  11. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 12:07 AM) Daniel Cabrera will be a member of the White Sox organization before Christmas. Is there any chance he can take Matt Wieters with him? God damn that dude is good.
  12. QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 11:31 PM) Yikes Kinda reminds me of the 2007-08 team of the 4-5 question marks with Floyd and Danks. Not saying it could be a repeat or not, but say if the sox do make those moves, the odds of the same thing happening again (the 4-5 exceeding expectations) are slim. I will say this, in a hetero way, Bailey excites the hell outta me because of his ceiling.
  13. QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:35 AM) So just now I go kind of jogging down my stairs with a bottle of wine, all excited to sit down... I hop down the last 3 stairs but didn't realize I jumped a couple inches too high and I hit my head on the top of the door frame. I fall flat on my f***ing ass and I end up sitting there for about 10 seconds stunned like omg WTF just happened? Can I say it sucks that something similar to that has happened to me as well?
  14. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:12 AM) I tell you what, disliking Jermaine Dye? My god. I feel for you young soxtalk members. Sports has changed so much. In this day and age of message boards and intensified talk shows, it's just not as much fun anymore. Win it all baby or you are a piece of s***. I just don't understand how anybody could dislike Dye. My god. GO SOX!! It's because he's black. It's quite obvious.
  15. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:53 AM) 1.) Magglio Ordonez is 100X the player Joe Crede ever will be, they're not even comparable. Magglio Ordonez will be a borderline hall of famer by the time he retires. Eh.. depends. If writers and fans would accept him being a former juicer, then yes. So far, especially in this day and age, it's not looking good. Maybe later in time... perhaps.
  16. QUOTE (rangerjae @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 10:01 PM) Bottom line: the Sox still have a chance. We need to f*** them f***ers up. We don't need a bunch of teenybopper b****es who have silly looking mohawks, who's manager is Elvis Costello in 30 years, have stupid little slutty cheerleaders, a mascot who is a rip off of ours, have a lopsided baseball dome, who's fans all took little yellow buses with their silly f***ing cowbells, and who are catching a "ray" of sunshine kicking our ass out. Let's at least win the next two here. And then when we get back to the Trop, show them that THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX ARE IN THE BUILDING AND THEY ARE HERE TO f*** YOUR ORANGE JUICE DRINKING ASSES UP!!!! You kiss your mother with that mouth?
  17. Happy Birthday Derrick Rose. The Big 2-0.
  18. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    For the first time, and probably the only one (or rare one at least in this thread) I'm posting on this thread SOBER... Sue me.
  19. QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:00 PM) Not too look ahead but I think I'd rather face Anaheim than Boston, regardless of home field. ^^^^^^^^^^ And I'm sure the Angels and their fans would LOVE to have another ALCS rematch against us for the pennant, so it'll be quite the series to remember. (if we win of course) Plus, regardless on whose really the stronger team, I can't stand the Sawx. If it was the Rays vs. the Angels, I would love to see any one of them represent the AL in the W.S. not the Sawx.
  20. We already have 8+ pages on the game thread and this game hasn't even started yet. (not till tomorrow in fact)
  21. I'll say this for the 1000th time. I f***ing love Manny. Just a smart hitter/baseball player. He knew that 12 to 6 was comming, and just golfed it outta there.
  22. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:36 PM) Jesus Christ Furcal, you have to lay off that s***. 20,000th in here Kalapse?
  23. QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 03:08 AM) Love that quote. Yet another fantastic quote by Don Cooper. Hell, I still got one by my sig what he said like one or two years ago. Still my personal favorite.
  24. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:53 PM) I hate Cooper and CB ^^^^^^^^^^
  25. Ozzie really had no choice (unless he wanted Buehrle again on 3 days rest.) And I don't care how great the kids have been, they have never pitched this many innings in their careers so they will reach some unfamiliar territory, and hopefully survive. I still think Richard can be an excellent wildcard for us, but I think Javy will at least keep us in the game. (2-4 ER or so, hopefully less) I hope Swisher remembers that, we are really going to need him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.