Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. For the record, Plaxico Buress called the win, and Tyree saving their season week(s) ago. Backed it up with his game even though Strahan got the score right. Gotta give them their props.
  2. Honestly I was shocked (thought my co-worker was playing around) I love Strahan (he overcomes my hate for Eli) so I'm damn glad he got a ring.
  3. QUOTE(Random @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 10:14 PM) i live in tinley I'm glad you weren't around there man. I was actually at a party in Tinley Park two (maybe three) months ago getting wasted and harrassing women. Just scary to see/think considering my sister works at a mall in Lansing. Prayers go out to those victims and their loved ones.
  4. QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Jan 31, 2008 -> 08:33 PM) I wish he did that, then we wouldnt have to ever hear his crap announcing again. I remember the 2005 ALDS and all he talked about in the last game was how the Red Sox wouldnt be able to repeat championships, instead of how great the White Sox were playing. I could understand talking about that a little bit, but thats all he said. I'll never forget when we hosted the all-star game in the cell and the crap he said about us (whitesox fans) as fans and mocked our park name. Just a piece of sampling of the s*** I hate about him.
  5. I will always hate Chris Berman.
  6. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 04:38 PM) Ok, so would people rather Sanchez or Lowry for Crede at this point? I'm probably leaning towards Sanchez myself. Sanchez, and it's not even close. People from the SF board says he's got nasty stuff, just hasn't put it together yet/hasn't been given a true chance yet.
  7. Already buzz all-around. KW- Dustin Pedroia- Doug Melvin- Tom Glavine- Shane Victorino- Brian McCann- Josh Willingham-
  8. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 05:20 PM) So when do we find out that Pratt spammed the universe for votes? Probably when he stabbs you in the back. Too bad some can't change their vote.
  9. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 04:53 PM) What is the point of "finna" though? Heck, "gonna" has the exact same number of letters and they are damn near the same word. It's stuff like that I find really weird. Is it just an attempt to stand out? It doesn't even roll off the tongue in an easy way. It's a clumsy word. Or is this all code? You know, spy talk for the 'hood. "Finna pink elephant, mocko doola unda the hefty wha's i' bootay". Probably not as far as internet typing, but off the tongue? Fo sho.
  10. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 04:46 PM) Oh come on, give me a break -- it was closer to 14. Also, another example for Kid Gleason (goin' real 'hood' with this one): "It finna be cold up n hurr." fixed.
  11. I am honestly shocked that the Mets are keeping F. Martinez afterall. What a deal for them.
  12. SoxAce posted a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    This was kinda gettin to me and it made me think. I'm not sure if it's bothersome or if I'm just being a tired bum posting at 4:30+ in the morning but currently, the bench looks somethin like this.. Crede Hall Owens (maybe Quentin, not smart if it happens) Ramirez (or AAA) Ozuna Richar/Uribe Anybody I'm missing on that list for the bench I apologize. Now assuming Crede is (or should I say will be) gone, BA more than likely traded, Uribe possibly gone and Ramirez possibly going to AAA. Is there any player we invite (besides Jason B.) that we could see on the bench since it looks like we will be thin? Maybe a prediction on the invites recently signed that have a shot? Is KW going to address it? Are we gonna use an extra arm (or 2) in the pen instead? Or am I'm just making too much of this and the whole bench/platoon/rest players thing? Just somethin to chat about near 2+ weeks away from ST.
  13. Lets see... and I'll make it brief... I would make more $$$, be more of an idol to kids ("I wanna be like Tiger Woods" - esp. to young african-american children) more endorsements/foundations, everyone knows me, (even people I've been around don't know who the hell Brady is) be mixed in race, (Tiger has a hellova mixture) face more exposed, (w/o a helmet) don't play a sport that can hurt me in the short and long run of my life, am better looking, (well.. IMO, and in a hetero way) have a hot wife and a beautiful kid. Not too mention, I will probably break every golfing record imanginable (Brady better tell Favre and P. Manning to retire, or learn how to play RB, DE, WR, LB to break "every" football record) have a cooler name, and is also a consistant champion, except does it "by himself." Can I go on?
  14. Looks like this Willy Mota kid might be the one we hope for makes it. Great arm, (95+ mph) nothin much on secondary pitches yet. Sorta reminds me of Poreda in that aspect. (differences of course too)
  15. SoxAce replied to Marky Mark's topic in SLaM
    Shizu. (sp?) I have one (well really my mothers and little bro) but he's a damn good dog, super nice, n good-lookin. (or "adorable") Don't worry bout your manliness, since your married anyway.
  16. QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 12:05 AM) It would still be a vast improvement over our 1-2 from 2007. Tell me about it. Anytime you have Andy freakin Gonzalez leading off for your team (which makes Pods look like R. Henderson) then you know your team is terrible.
  17. QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 11:36 PM) Does anyone want to share their experience at soxfest?... Or should I say does anyone want to add anything other than whats been written? Any small chats with players or anyone from the organization? The only thing I've heard/read about is the praise KW is getting for the moves from fans aside from a few exceptions. Good post. A friend of mine went this year. (casual fan you can say) He never heard/knew who Quentin was (just knows/follows the sox no other teams, even though he didn't know who Fields was either ) and now is proclaiming him as his favorite player after soxfest. Hellova guy from what I've heard. Swish was supposedly shy, but he is dealin with us Chicagoans afterall..heh.. n was coo too. Wish I would have went. Maybe next season. This season will have a very loose, friendly, crazy characters filled with young n old guys.
  18. Flash cream his pants
  19. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 01:19 AM) He's had a short career and there are warning signs all over. That's all I'm saying. He isn't on Rivera, Nathan, Papelbon's level.
  20. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 12:59 AM) pansy. Giggity. You little b****.
  21. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 12:46 AM) Under no circumstance would I consider extending him this early, or even next year early. And I wasn't really alluding to the drugs or the alcohol: I was alluding to the fights and the self-mutilation and all the damages that those were. But more than anything, I'm alluding to the fact that he isn't Mariano Rivera. He isn't Joe Nathan. He's already lost some of his fastball. He was bad in the second half of 2006; he was fine last year and in 05. But I need to see more consistency and besides, there's just no real reason to commit to him unless you have to. I agree even though it's my personal opinion that he didn't lose anything on his fastball and it was his choice to relay on movement, sink (less k's, better era, whip, less bb's) but that another different discussion. In his short 05 season before the playoffs when hardly anyone knew him.. damn good. 06.. scouting report, hitters figured him out inconsistant season. 07.. Relayed on movement, sink, "pitching" got DP plays, still nasty, "the streak".. hellova season. 08.. remains to be determined. We'll see now that Bobby actually has set-up help.
  22. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 11:45 PM) There are always Riveras, Gossages, Eckersleys, but a good closer (at least for a season or two) is not terribly hard to find and there's no reason to invest in a guy like Jenks who is no sure thing on a team where the budget is not guaranteed (who is to say that fans will keep coming out?) in a situation where his arm is a mess, he has a history of being...bad to his body, etc. etc. No doubt. But Jenks has been clean (or maybe I should say hasn't gotten into any trouble) in 2+ years now. People change GP. I highly doubt he's the same hothead, alcoholic, racist kid like he once was. He's a man thats matured even through pitching (doesn't reer back n hit 97-100, releys on movement, sink, etc..) Like I said earlier if he's consistant year in, year out, unless he's asking for an outrages amount, gets seriously hurt, etc.. you have to strongly consider it. Dammit Pratt, you know me enough to call me by my real name (if you remember it ) QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 12:06 AM) I don't think anyone is arguing that they don't want Jenks here, and that he would be easily replaced. I just don't believe that is the case. However, the Sox find them self in a very good spot. They hold the rights to a young, dominate, very cheap closer. For the next four years, they have the CHOICE in bringing him back for the next season. It's totally up to them to decided if they want him back or not. Wouldn't you want that choice for every player on your team? Granted, you obviously can't have that for every player(or your team is going to win 30 games) but in most cases you should take advantage of it for as long as you can, especially with someone that does in fact have pieces of metal in his throwing arm. I'll say it again unless he seriously gets hurt, ask for ridiculous $$, pitches poor, if we groom a closer, etc.. I don't see why we shouldn't extend him 4+ years from now when he's restricted or whatever. etc (kinda what I said earlier in my post ).. we should definitely consider it when he hits restricted/whatever. Now I'm just trying to stir the pot alittle since it's soxfest weekend, Crede hasn't found a new home yet, ST is 3 weeks away, etc.. But you n I are on the same page Tony... and even you Mr. 2 Dislocated Shoulders Pratt even though the pins/screw/chronic hip/knot etc.. is still overrated from certain people.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.