Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 03:42 AM) Did I really just eat 3 sausage mcmuffins, 4 hash browns and a box of pizza rolls? Odd. I had 4 sausage biscuits with egg, and 4 hash browns last night. I guess great drunk minds think alike.
  2. QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 04:08 AM) I don't think that's being cocky, that's just saying hey if I'm confident I'm going to be unstoppable whether the opposing team causes it or not...it'd be cocky if he just came out and said I'm hard to stop. Thank you Kev.
  3. QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 08:11 PM) Matt Long released today. Along with CJ Retherford Thank god. Absolutely hated that pick back then.
  4. Looks like that's KW admitting he missed on the Marquez "upside" when he acquired him. And yikes on that Swisher trade, even though he needed to go.
  5. SoxAce replied to ILMOU's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 02:23 PM) Disagree. And you would be wrong. Unless your talking about a young prospect back with limited upside like a Jon Ely, then you would be correct as far as getting "something back."
  6. QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 02:38 AM) He and Daniel Hudson were college teammates, drafted by us the same year and both dominated rookie ball then low-a, hudson got promoted and we traded carter away but he had crazy good peripherals in kannapolis, he just turned to s*** after the trade for some reason. The Padres tried to change his mechanics. I saw him pitch in his Old Dominion days. If he ever gets his slider in check, he could be very good.
  7. 3rd. But as others said, if Quentin is in 2008 form, I want Dunn hitting 4th.
  8. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 02:45 AM) I don't know about that. I'd rather play Vancouver, and make Luongo cry AGAIN! We've eliminated the Canucks the past 2 playoffs, right? Detroit is a bigger rival, but I like how the Hawks seem to have Luongo's number in the playoffs. Agreed. I just can't see the Hawks beating Detroit. Not that they could beat the Canucks, but it seems they just have their number even from this year with a depleted team. I know we don't have Buff anymore, but Kane has also been a nightmare for 7uongo. I still think we will finish in the 5th-6th range however.
  9. Bill Mazeroski's "shot heard around the world" to win the World Series in game 7. (1960)
  10. QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 11:15 PM) He left chicago for vegas to rid himself of his demons... sin city seems like one of the last places to go... no? Since i don't know the full details, he very well could have just been visiting. Otherwise, i question his sincerity to getting clean. His father lived there. I was actually asking myself the same thing before I found out about his dad living in Vegas. And he wasn't a drug addict when I said he left Chicago to get out of trouble. But the dude (well I won't say without a doubt, but pretty much all of us believe this) was a steroid user. He pushed himself to the limit on everything. He was also an emotional wreck when it came to women. I have my own conclusions, but I can't turn back time to go talk some sense into him. (again) Still very sad to hear though. Felt like yesterday we were playing basketball and video games as 10-12 year old kids.
  11. QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 12:17 AM) That sucks, sorry to hear that dude Thanks alot Keith. Was way too young to go. Just heard he had an overdose on pills (I believe pain pills). Crazy thing was, he left Chicago to get out of trouble for a while.
  12. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 02:20 AM) We've got a nice little run going, and we play only 5 teams above .500 in the East the rest of the way (including NYK twice). 3rd seed still possible if the Heat go cold towards the end. It's pretty much a 2 horse race for MVP between Howard and Rose. I would say if the Bulls win against Boston comming up in early April, that should seal it for Rose. Howard has the better numbers. Rose has the better team record.
  13. Juan Pierre will have a down year defensively. As far as wacky, I'll say Carlos Quentin actually stays healthy for the entire year and has the GW hit to win the pennant.
  14. One of my good friends, who I knew since elementary school, passed away in Vegas earlier today. Just got the text not too long ago.
  15. Hopefully Sharp's injury isn't too serious. Never like knee to knee hits.
  16. Happy B-Day bro.
  17. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 02:13 AM) I'd counter this by saying he's probably still in the bottom third of starting PG's in the league when it comes to 1 on 1 defense. Actually that is what he is probably best at this season. He struggles more on weak-side help and in the pick and roll game.
  18. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 17, 2011 -> 10:20 PM) Ugh, Detroit won, Calgary is winning, Nashville scored late to get to OT and win, Dallas obviously won. Worst possible outcomes and Bolland/Campbell are hurt. At least the Kings lost. Probably the only thing that went the Hawks way.
  19. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 12:44 AM) Not sure if this was posted, but it's a great read no matter what. Peavy had a hell of an offseason. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2011/n...tory?id=6182437 I will personally thank you for giving me my new avatar.
  20. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 02:23 PM) Gartrell>Terrero...no comparison. Terrero had better overall tools (much better prospect during his time). But I think Gartrell will have a better career. (which isn't saying much as I think he'll be a 4th/5th OF/LHP smasher at best)
  21. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 10:08 PM) That said, at his salary, I'm glad he's gone. Not to mention his consistent dribbling out the clock and average court vision. But then again, I was never a fan of his.
  22. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 09:56 PM) But I don't know if that St. Louis shootout goal should have counted. The puck has to keep moving forward and he definitely stopped and backed it up before he shot. That goal was still sick though.
  23. Outstanding.
  24. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    MySpace.. Facebook... etc.. pretty much any internet faze that will die out in the not too distant future. Oh, and Bill Simmons.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.