Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. SoxAce replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 01:44 AM) I get to put on a cap and gown in 7 hours. Holy f***ing f*** Wouldn't be any different from what you wear in your relationships princess.
  2. QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 09:56 PM) the PED dealers in Chicago missed him. In SF he went back to his friends in Las Vegas. Ptatc FTW! ....
  3. Thanks for 2005 Bobby. Best of luck to ya, though I hate Boston.
  4. Happy Belated Marcus.
  5. QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 03:47 AM) If drawing contact means Rose is going to get hurt a lot I'd rather he just avoid contact and go back to what he was doing. Its working even if he isn't getting to the line. I hate to say it, but he'll probably have to start flopping or/and yelling to get calls when he's driving. He does avoid contact cause of his terrific core balance, but when he does get fouled (and he does alot getting to the hoop) he won't get the calls. Guys like Westbrook and CP3 are terrific at that. (for better or worse reasons) As for the whole PG debate, I tend to rate guys as overall players more-so than pure position. A guy like Rondo for example is the better pure PG/distributor, whereas Rose is the better overall player. Kind of the reason I like a guy like D-Will nowadays (didn't think that a year or two ago at all) more-so than CP3. Can distribute (even if he doesn't have the better vision), but when it's time to take over (or when your team is down) he can be insane.
  6. QUOTE (joeynach @ Dec 13, 2010 -> 01:59 PM) Ok lets settle the Quentin as a defender argument right now. There is no doubt he is bad, however if you look at his Rfield statistic it will tell you what you need to know. Rfield measures the number of runs better or worse than average the player was for all fielding. Basically CQ had a career worst year defensively last year, absolutely brutal. However, prior to 2010 he wasnt great, but he wasnt that bad. I would expect him to bounce back defensively quite a bit, you have to be pretty horrific to post consecutive -20 Rfield numbers. 2006: +3 2007: +12 2008: -2 2009: -9 2010: -20 Quentin is not the same defensive stud that he was in Zona or even in Stanford (that I loved to see play back then) since he f***ed up his shoulder and had surgery on it.
  7. I loved Gardner for 2 years now. My opinion on him still won't change. He's like what Juan Pierre wishes he could be. Not gonna say any trade proposals cause it's rather pointless (but to dream) but I would like to see Kenny get creative this off-season since he disappointed me with his lack of creativity last off-season.
  8. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 07:00 PM) It's not like he's making chump change. Besides that, if she's comfortable in Philly, I guarantee you he is going to be comfortable (and you can take that as innocently or provocatively as you like, because it's going to be true either way) I would hate for Lee to struggle again, and pitch what he isn't worth. (which is Ace money) If his wife thinks NY fans are bad/mean... Philly really isn't exactly "Brotherly Love" themselves.
  9. Jets lose to the Dolphins today.. LOL. I'm sure Carl will be very happy about this.
  10. Anyone else think a Patroit would help Cutler up after a sack in a blowout?
  11. Happy B-Day Mike... you old fart.
  12. QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 05:40 PM) Just in general. That's pretty much what Belichick does. Exactly, which is why he's awesome. Lovie needs to learn a thing or two (or 1,000) from Belichick.
  13. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 05:31 PM) That is the first WTF? JAY throw in a long while. Oh well. Yea that was bad, but if Hester was actually a bigger (or better) WR, he would of had the TD prior.
  14. I think me and DA are the only two on this site that was game on dealing Rios (since his value is very high right now) but isn't Teahen signed for three more years? (I usually would look this up myself, but I'm about to go to bed) I would think KW has got to be shopping him as plan a. (though he'll definitely have to add cash like the Linebrink deal) I think Peavy has a buy-out clause after 2012, though I could be wrong on that.
  15. As long as Pratt isn't going, I'm down since I can't turn down drinking. **Also as long as guys like Jeff (I've heard some stories from Andy sir) farmteam (seems like he can hold it down) or Slavko (Serbs are monsters) don't hurt my pride of a drinkathon challenge since I'm not the same heavyweight I used to be, I'm also down as well. (btw Keith, I'm half black.. do I count? )**
  16. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 11:21 PM) And who are we going to trade to get Granderson? We can't keep acquiring a slew of these players that are making $10 million plus a season...with multi-year contracts that hamstring us in future years. I could of sworn I said "not trying to say go out and get Granderson" which means no I wasn't trying to say get that guy (or Cameron) making 10+ mil.
  17. QUOTE (3E8 @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 07:41 PM) I have no problem shopping Quentin. His lack of range in the outfield negates a significant portion of his offensive value, he cannot stay healthy, and much of his on-base skill relies in getting hit by the baseball. With Dunn and Konerko signed, we can more legitimately test the waters with Quentin. If someone wants to overpay, then by all means I'm for it. Yet that guy in LF we have got hit 21 times (in a fluke year for him for HBP) inflating his OBP to .341. Personally, I'd rather just keep Quentin and stick him in LF where he'd hurt you less defensively and put De Aza in RF where he can probably give you what Pierre is giving you. Or if you don't want to risk the unknown (and I'll partially say that about Q as well), put Rios in RF and see whats out there for a CF if you want to keep Pierre/Quentin. (not saying go out and grab Granderson, but you get the point) Rios is still a defensive stud in CF or RF and I'll personally stomach watching Pierre play baseball for another season. In either case, Mark Teahen has got to go to help free up some of that cash.
  18. I work with his cousin (heard alot of stories about Downs). Looks like his "b*t*h" trophy wife (as his cousin likes to put it) will be very happy in LA.
  19. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 09:09 PM) i just remember wincing when cutlers face bounced off the turf I thought that had concussion written all over it.
  20. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 08:35 PM) No idea. Details haven't been released yet. I believe it's 2-3 prospects. Rumors have Brett Lawrie, Jeremy Jeffress, Mark Rogers, and Jake Odorizzi being tossed around as names. If the Jays got Lawrie, then that would be a good trade for them. Really, for both sides.
  21. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 08:14 PM) Blue Jays are trading Marcum to the Brewers. I think that deal should be a good comparison for what we can expect to receive for Floyd. Very good trade for the Brew Crew. Marcum is very underrated. If they didn't give up Lawrie, then they are set.
  22. If this season couldn't get any worse with injuries (and poor play) Patrick Kane went awkwardly into the boards and his left leg bent a way a leg should not bend. He couldn't put any weight on it and was helped off the ice... Didn't look too good, hopefully it isn't serious.
  23. QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 06:49 PM) SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman A gon is now a red sox 1 minute ago Ha, look at my boy Kev with the update. Your growing up so fast!
  24. QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 05:50 PM) my commodores are finally starting to play some ball...bennett cutler and moore all looking really good.....im fairly hopeless on chris williams though Actually Chris Williams has not been bad at all since moving over to the LG position. Ironically enough, the Bears might have found him a permanant spot for the future (with Omiyale at LT and Webb at RT as well).
  25. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 02:28 PM) Bailey hasn't had better than a 4.46 ERA in the National League. There is no way he is worth more than a top-5 shortstop in Major League Baseball. Does he have good potential? Yeah, but this isn't the Ace-in-the-making Homer Bailey. He has certainly lost some stuff. He averaged 92.7 on his fastball last year. That is definitely not the Bailey that was throwing 97 in the early part of his career. And he has had some injury issues that are worrisome. If the Reds asked KW for Alexei, I think KW just hangs up the phone instantly. No way.. He'd ask for Jay Bruce.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.