Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Panic! At the Soxtalk
QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:02 AM) Oh god... A.J. might be the worst cleanup hitter in the history of cleanup hitters. Oh c'mon... You don't think a career .286/.326/.428/.754, 94 OPS+ hitter would look good in the 4th spot?! Blasphemy.
-
Panic! At the Soxtalk
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 11:56 PM) You really think Ozzie is going to put 4 righties in a row like that? No offense, but his lineup was more realistic than yours was. Your probably right about the 4 righties in a row (which I'm sure just flip-flop AJ and Rios and there you go) but like wite said about Jordan Danks. I'll "eat s***" if I see A.J. hitting clean-up for us even with a rotating DH.
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 11:48 PM) Or just bat him 3rd. Ozzie probably won't do that unfortunately. In fact... I'll bet money he wouldn't do it.
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 11:41 PM) As everyone knows, we need guys like that if we want to win in the Metrodome. Whoops...
-
AGon discussion, et. al.
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 11:35 PM) would the new GM of the padres trade away the team's best player to his old boss as his first big deal? If so, he'd better come out smelling like a rose. If (and when) Adrian becomes a Red Sox, I hope SD rapes their farm and Clay Buchholz pitches like an absolute beast for them for years to come.
-
Panic! At the Soxtalk
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 09:25 PM) You guy believe Kenny Williams? Really? Agreed. I'm not buying KW doing this yet. But Ozzie needs to STFU and let Kenny and the upper management make the decisions. Now.. if somehow KW agrees with Ozzie, Tyler Flowers better be getting alot of at bats to develop. Other than maybe Kotsay, I don't trust Jones/Vizquel/etc.. to do much. (not counting bunting (sac./drag/whatever) - Vizquel, homers - Jones)
-
Top Ten Worst Sox of the Decade
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 04:15 PM) Thanks for reminding me of that one. I believe I was the only one that was excited when we snagged him. He makes me think fondly of the days of Jamie Burke. No you weren't. In fact.. I had a Ben Davis fan club that had ALOT of members (alot of smart posters, people here wouldn't believe) on it back in the day. (me and aboz had the two biggest fan clubs, though his Buehrle club was alot smarter than my club was though alot of his members were with me too) I was a huge Ben Davis fan and so were others in the fan club. I still have the PM's back in 2004 with posters who wanted to join FYI. I also had a crazy cool BD sig Goldy made for me back then (though I can't find it.. )
-
So Who's the Next Long Rumored White Sox to come aboard?
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 04:08 PM) I was one of the few (I believe Soxfan1 was another) that was all for the Bailey/Dye swap last offseason. I've been in love with Homer for years. His last 10 starts or so this past season were superb. I think he's finally figured it out. Not as a 1 for 1 he wasn't.. Some people loved it, some didn't. I was one of the few who loved it. In fact.. throughout the thread page to page.. I was very enthusiastic about it..
-
Halladay to Phillies in 4 team trade
QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 03:51 PM) The trade is now official. Here's the full trade details (ESPN) PHILLIES GET … RHP Roy Halladay (from Toronto) *RHP Phillippe Aumont (from Seattle) *OF Tyson Gillies (from Seattle) *RHP Juan Ramirez (from Seattle) $6 million cash (from Toronto) MARINERS GET … LHP Cliff Lee (from Philadelphia) BLUE JAYS GET … *C Travis d'Arnaud (from Philadelphia) *RHP Kyle Drabek (from Philadelphia) *1B/3B Brett Wallace (from Oakland) A'S GET … *OF Michael Taylor (from Philadelphia via Toronto) I'll be damned.. Phils lose Drebek but gain Aumont. Wow. They did very well. Oakland got involved too?! How bout that. Mariners are very dangerous. Blue Jays did pretty well in the deal for the most part though I thought they would land one more good spect.
-
Top Ten Worst Sox of the Decade
QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 03:45 PM) I think that even having one moment of greatness, like "the catch", is enough to save you from a an easy list of 10 who never even sniffed mediocre. Not to mention his numbers overall were not nearly as bad as a Gonzalez/Lillibridge etc...
-
So Who's the Next Long Rumored White Sox to come aboard?
Hunter Pence/Taylor Buchholz.
-
Top Ten Worst Sox of the Decade
QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 02:48 PM) Paniagua really packed a lot into that third of an inning, didn't he? Funny thing is.. I remembered him before Porzio so I had to check why I remembered him, and of course it was the 1/3 of an inning show he put on. Luckally I already had Porzio down as he's pitched more than 50+ inning with us. I made sure the players were justified as far as how much they played.
-
Top Ten Worst Sox of the Decade
In no "particular" order... Andy Gonzalez Jon Rauch Mike "Action" Jackson Alex Rios (so far) Mark Johnson Danny Wright Gary Glover (though bullpen didn't help his era) Boone Logan Jim Parque (as much flack as Wells has taken, his whip was still lower than Butter's "good" season) Royce Clayton Joe Borchard Jerry Owens Mike Porzio Matt Ginter Rick White Nick Masset Roberto Alomar (our "old" version) I couldn't stop at 10.. I know he was bad defensively, but I can't believe D'Angelo Jimenez (decent offensive numbers) is on people's list. Then again.. I have Royce Clayton (good defensively, horrid offensively) on mine so I guess it's justified.
-
sox close to another deal?
QUOTE (supernuke @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 01:07 PM) Ok just for s***s and giggles. White Sox get Victor Martínez Red Sox get AJ Pierzynski and Adrian González Padres get Red Sox prospects and White Sox prospect. The Red Sox get the big prize. The Padres get a boat load of prospects to rebuild with. The White Sox improve the line up and Ozzie has another member for the DH/1B/OF/C rotation. From some of the horrid proposals we've gotten on this board, this one is actually a good one, and doesn't seem to be far-fetched and though I want Adrian here (realistically it won't happen) I would love to get Victor Martinez. I don't think KW has the balls to trade A.J. to upgrade at the catcher position (Victor Martinez is really, really good and he's younger) however and I don't know what Victor's contract looks like either. It also makes sense as far as Ozzie's little DH rotation as Victor can be a C/1B/DH. Thing is though... the spect(s) we are giving up would have to be a good one for Boston to even consider to downgrade at the catcher position. Plus Boston might be a team is on A.J.'s 6 team NTC list.
-
i am drunk in 2009
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 02:21 AM) Haha this girl is drunk and hangin with like me and 3 other guys and were playin Halo and shes talkin on the microphone and its amazing how much the other players are attracted to her. So I'm guessing her voice sounds hot, but she isn't?
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
QUOTE (qwerty @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:31 PM) http://www.metstoday.com/4139/mets-buzz/wh...-luis-castillo/ I want to ask you A.J. since your a very smart poster (heard from some of my personal favorite posters already on this).. what do you think of the Pierre deal and as a player?
-
Sox Adding Winners
QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:23 PM) :lolhitting
-
sox close to another deal?
QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:48 PM) http://twitter.com/SoxNet # With the leadoff spot filled, Kenny has turned his attention to the middle of the order and we are told he's close on another deal. about 2 hours ago from web Ima go out on a limb and say Andrew McCutchen. Don't ask me why or what the f*** or that's impossible.. just a hunch on my part.
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:05 PM) There's a little miscommunication here. Pierre is, by all accounts, a great guy. I was talking about Castillo. Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up.
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
Like I keep reiterating... Give me a .350 OBP and I will not complain about Juan Pierre at all. The rest (avg., SB, hits, etc..) is more or less extra on what he brings. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:59 PM) I'm confused, weren't they talking about Luis Castillo. I've never heard a bad thing about Pierre. He's known as a good clubhouse guy and a consumate pro. I know when he was younger, he got into it with Leyland cause he wanted to play every game (gotta admire his dedication) but like you and shack said.. I always heard he was just a true professional (especially with his situation in LA) and a constant hard worker.
-
sox close to another deal?
QUOTE (joeynach @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:42 PM) Im gonna guess and say Hank Blalock or Nick Johnson. I would LOVE NJ, but I just can't see him comming here since we got Pierre now. I think KW wants to add more of a power bat. I'm gonna predict the next move will be another trade, not a FA signing as far as a hitter. Ugh on Blalock.. but he does make sense as far as the rotating DH thing Ozzie wants (he can play 3B as well as alittle 1B)
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:49 PM) Why? Aside from his bizarre '09 season he hasn't done anything like that since '04 and now he's moving to a small AL ballpark where it'll be harder for any of his soft bloopers to fall and more difficult to find gaps if anything he could struggle even more than he has in recent years. Well he was never a gap hitter anyways Kal. He is the classic singles guy.. then steals second to get on.
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
QUOTE (monomach @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:44 PM) You're both cherry picking one year. If we play that game, Andruw Jones should start because he'll hit 50+ homers. Uh... no they are right. I'm not a fan of Pierre like you, but c'mon, comparing him to those two is ridiculous. I can't even fault Gathright cause he's really never had 500 abs in a season (then again.. there's a reason for that) but Tavares has had OBPs of .325, .333, .367, .308, .275 and only in 07 is when he got less than 400 abs (and guess what... that was his .367 OBP year) Pierre is the much better player than those two bums. (and that is not saying much)
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:39 PM) He's very difficult in the clubhouse and is quite overpaid. I know he's had his little issue in the past.. but he is?! I didn't know that, I kept hearing he was a constant pro when his playing time got reduced, and didn't pout or anything about that.
-
White Sox acquire Juan Pierre
QUOTE (monomach @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:35 PM) Castillo qalks a LOT more than Pierre. A real comparison would be something like Podsednik or Gathright. Or Willy Taveras. Naw Pods doesn't hit for enough average and the other two K more, though if Gathright had enough PA... I think that wouldn't be a bad comparison.