Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 11:51 AM) This isnt as bad as when those pictures surfaced of Jay Leno pouring oil down the sewer in the book "Celebrity home....at night" It's Houses man.. houses!! Nice reference though.
  2. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 09:30 PM) No, he is much more talented then Rios. I might compare him to Beltran actually. His upside is spectacular. Well I was trying to be nice.. haha but you win. Beltran is a nice comparison. I loved Beltran comming out as well and had some heated arguments over his potential when I was in love with him. I still love me some Cameron Maybin as well.
  3. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 09:23 PM) Upton just hit for the cycle. He's a more talented Alex Rios, but a bigger tease. I still think he's going to explode any minute though.
  4. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 09:23 PM) Exactly. It doesn't mean a lot, so give it out for emotional reasons. Might as well bring Pods and JD back next year, keep Bobby, trade for Cotts again, and tell Iguchi to come back to the states while were at it. I'm still pretty emotionally attached to those guys as well. I love Buehrle, I love Pauly, but 2005 is over. Hell I wish I was 18 again and graduating H.S. at that year.
  5. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 09:06 PM) Love me some Buehrle, but Peavy is the hands down ace of this staff, and deserves the Opening Day start, IMO. Agreed 100% Kinda crazy going to Tiger boards and even some of their fans saying our rotation will be sick next year. Makes me giddy. Peavy-Buehrle-Floyd-Danks-Garcia/Hudson.. Daymn! Though I still gotta hope Floyd's hip (been a 2 year thing now) isn't as serious as some fear.
  6. QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 05:17 PM) Im a Bears fan as well but this is the NFL thread, I encourage fans from all teams to post on it because it is nice to have outside opinion. Amen.
  7. I'm a big fan of Leesman myself. In fact, I'm higher on him than most of the pitchers in the sox system now, not named Nathan Jones. (also not counting the H.S. kids just drafted)
  8. If anyone cares, the Bulls first preseason game kicks off tonight. Good chance to take a look at the rooks and to see how much Rose and the others have improved, and hopefully see Deng look okay.
  9. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 04:46 PM) Living in Michigan, I want nothing more than the Twins to win the division. I'm tired of listening to these f***s babble about the Tigers. I wanted the Twins to win it for a while now, but I can't imagine what your going through. Hopefully we can sweep or take 2/3 and the Twins can take care of their business. I just can't stand Detroit.
  10. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 12:02 PM) And I thought Remenowsky SHOULD make it, but wouldn't. Age might have hurt him.
  11. QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 11:51 AM) I wish I was in Rio right now. I'd so be getting laid. Nice.
  12. RIO WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
  13. QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 11:34 AM) But....I thought Obama would swoon them over with his charm?! I guess Chicago 2016 was change no one believed in. Having Daley around will not help anyone's case. Pains me to say that about a whitesox fan. But then again I hate Mike North so to each his own.
  14. Well I wanted RIO to win it anyway so.... GO RIO!!! :headbang
  15. In case anyone wanted to know (and a few people got one name right) Beckham was one of them. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws
  16. QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 11:21 PM) I drafted the DT in my trade, but things are kinda messed up in my case because there is no way I would draft a OLB in the first round. I definitely would have went QB,DT,WR,OT,CB, or MLB. From an outsider looking in, I'd say you both should be the only ones able to trade or everyone should trade and the both of you can trade one more extra, whatever the limit is (everyone-1; you both-2 or everyone-2; you both-3, whatever) to make it fair. Then again, I have no idea whats going on, so now I will crawl into my corner again..
  17. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 10:41 PM) I'm not underestimating anyone, I am just saying the Sox have their best years when no one is talking about them. Mike, my post was directed at KHP not you brotha..
  18. QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 10:15 PM) Quickly closing in on 1,800 posts in this thread. Really created a monster thread here Tex. Control your baby.
  19. QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 10:03 PM) OK if I rejoin the thread? Please do my good man.
  20. SoxAce replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 08:26 PM) BTW, sorry MHIZZLE, I just heard from my girlfriend, tour was cancelled. No reason given. It's all over the news outlets now. Man whats up with these cancellations. First BTNH canceled their concert here/moved it back, and now this tour. It's not looking good toward the ending 2009 year.
  21. LMFAO.. that band's videos have pretty colors.
  22. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 09:25 PM) Even the "experts" are going to have a hard time picking Slowey-Blackburn-Baker-???-??? or Verlander-Jackson-Porcello-???-??? over Peavy-Buehrle-Floyd-Danks-Garcia. Never underestimate Minnesota. They proved that time and time again. BTW, I think Liriano will explode next year. He'll be two years removed from TJ, which is when more often than not pitchers get much, much better. And again things change in the offseason with acquisitions and such. No doubt though we wont be picked first which is better for us anyways.
  23. QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 12:40 PM) When 2016 rolls around I'll be 33 Ya, I'll be 30 when it hits. Generally I would love to see everything (especially the beautiful women tourist flocking in ) but I'll be old, busted and maybe even married.
  24. QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 01:01 PM) I like Kotsay and want him back. I also want Pods back--that man HUSTLES. I could easily let go of PK and with Dye, either ship him out or make him the DH. Unless it's a close play at 1B (more or less a bunt or a slap the ball) I've never seen Pods hustle to 1B in fact I've seen him dog it many (if not all) times. There's only a handful of players on this that hustle every time and plays the game right. Two of them are rookies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.