Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
White Sox @ Twins; Ellard vs Bradley
Jesus christ it's getting worse.
-
White Sox @ Twins; Ellard vs Bradley
JoylessDeWitt: and then we're going to invite a bunch of people into Busch Stadium to blow it up, since the best way to honor our rich baseball history is with bombs. Pujol_Junkie: It's going to be a sad day. STUNG THE SLANG OF A GALLOWS BIRD raykingleaves: Hey boss is it okay if I leave early on that last day I don't want to get exploded kthnx Mark2Nite: I can simply punch down the stadium if you want to save money on dynamite and give it to me, instead. LittleMac: pow powwwww JoylessDeWitt: That won't be necessary, Big Mac Attack. We've already taken care of the necessary arrangements. JoylessDeWitt: After the party we're going to celebrate the joy that this team has brought to millions. JoylessDeWitt: Then we're going to drive over to Chicago and blow up Wrigley Field. LittleMac neeeeeeeoooooooooooow boooooooooom BakersDozen: come again raykingleaves: I'm on drive my car vurr far away. JoylessDeWitt: Don't worry Dusty, this is the age of progression! We'll tear down Wrigley for you and you can build a new stadium that is supposed to look old on top of it! BakersDozen I'm getting too old for this s%*#. PerezDispenser: We're getting a new stadium?? raaaaadicaalllll!!!!! BakersDozen: Neifi, no!!! Earmuffs, EARMUFFS!!!
-
White Sox @ Twins; Ellard vs Bradley
radar looks clear play ball i want this sweep.
-
White Sox @ Twins; Ellard vs Bradley
fake ass fan, not staying up for a early sep game between two 100 loss teams.
-
Colson Montgomery has arrived
I kinda liked the "Adam Dunn reincarnated at SS in 2025 run environment" tweet I saw. That's a 5 WAR player.
- Sox trade Andrew Vaughn to acquire Aaron Civale
-
White Sox @ Twins; Gomez vs Matthews
9-11 GETZ IT DONE
-
White Sox @ Twins; Gomez vs Matthews
jesus pedro on the mound apparently for the twins.
-
Colson Montgomery has arrived
Does he have a fall guy?
-
Draft Kings sets Sox O/U at 49.5 wins
Vegas is too good man. 49.5 was a sucker bet for the general public to take the under imo. It's very fucking hard to lose more than 110 games, despite how easy the Sox made it look last year. Even the Rockies with one of the worst RD of all time have a 1/3 or so shot to win >49.
-
Colson Montgomery has arrived
Frank Thomas is one of the 25 or so greatest hitters of all time and a top 50 type all time player. Comparing him to anybody else in the world is going to be a tough ask. Colson has 2.3 bWAR so far. That is really good for a 22nd overall pick. Check out the overall results so far from that first round, he's near the top with a lot of busts so far. https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/index.fcgi?year_ID=2021&draft_round=1&draft_type=junreg&query_type=year_round
-
White Sox @ Twins; Martin vs Woods-Richardson 6:40 pm CST
- White Sox @ Twins; Martin vs Woods-Richardson 6:40 pm CST
In the words of a classic mad dog rant, up in minny-sota, pounding the twinks!- The Lenyn Sosa Thread
I don’t say this often but Sosa is a fan favorite or should be and trading him would piss me off on a subjective fandom level.- White Sox @ Twins 1:10 PM
John’s call on the Colson HR was brutal- Clevinger: Still in Charlotte
Another finger in the eye of the fan base.- 8/27/25 Gamethread Royals @ White Sox 6:40 PM
on chess.com?- Colson Montgomery has arrived
I get both your points, which are different obviously. I just can't understand how people that GET PAID TO EVALUATE ATHLETES kept harping on "oh he's a 3B". Bro it took me one fucking game watching him at SS to see he easily passes the eye test. Like wtf? And watching him more and more it's obvious dude is a fine MLB SS until he ages out, maybe in 5-6 years.- I’m tired of these types of posts
So years ago, when I was still a youth, I started a fire someone on the sox .com website. I think it was RV. Firerobinventura.com. I pointed the site to steer traffic to Soxtalk thinking sure why not they won't mind the traffic. I was quickly told in so many words to shut that crap down, at least the link here. I took it a little personal at the time but now I just realize it's their site, they can do whatever they want. That extends to the mods. It might be fair, but hey, that's how it goes when you're working out of rented real estate, as most of us are here.- 8/27/25 Gamethread Royals @ White Sox 6:40 PM
Nice to see Teel and Quero in the lineup again. The way Teel is hitting he should be playing every day rest of the way. Quero can play 5 times a week as well.- Martin Perez Option
I think some team will offer him two years and he'll walk. But if he wants to come back 10 million for a year seems fair. Someone has to eat some innings.- Robert’s Future
- Royals series continues 8/26 640 CDT
lol this bullpen bro.- Royals series continues 8/26 640 CDT
Very nice Taylor.- Royals series continues 8/26 640 CDT
Good lord, enough with the fucking flares. - White Sox @ Twins; Martin vs Woods-Richardson 6:40 pm CST