Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. I dont clear my throat all that much really. Oh wait, thats not what *ahem* means here......
  2. QUOTE (Pumpkin Escobar @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 12:20 PM) Well, first of all, I said in 2 different seasons. That word is pronounced dif-fer-ent. It is from around the 14th century (which I am sure you're an expert on as well much like everything else apparently) and its Middle English, from Latin. You misread it for consecutive or the last two seasons. Clearly acceptable and expected from someone like yourself. Those 2 DIFFERENT seasons being 2006 and this season. Or was Jenks 1.39 whip in 2006 acceptable because you will pull out the 1 other stat he outperformed Howry in? Get real. Howry was not dominant but neither was Jenks. And that is the point!!! A guy like Howry has a decent season and gets called crap. Jenks has a worse season and a similarly bad one - and he is defended to the moon. And I didn't type the "LOL, yeah" to start the bickering - you did. So if that was your reference to poor grammaticals skills. Then so be it. I didn't realize this was a 14 year old AOL/Text msg site where LOL constituted as an intelligent way to rebuttal someones opinion. Then again. I did go to high school at some point but I forgot how you kids conduct civilized conversations there. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. You go out of your way to try and put people down with your resonses even though it is crystal clear you have zero clue what you're talking about. I'll move on from here to different replies and you can manipulate someone elses words. You're incorrect and obnoxious. if you dont want to get into a pissing match, dont finish your statement by calling him obnoxious. You have both been warned already, continue your disagreement in civil terms.
  3. Kyyle23 replied to VAfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 10:32 AM) I'd suspect Fields would be plucked off waivers though. If I'm Washington or Florida or Pittsburgh he's the type of guy I take a flyer on. if a waiver claim is placed, does the team that placed the waiver claim automatically get the player? I thought then the teams can negotiate a trade
  4. Kyyle23 replied to VAfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I think Fields is going to end up being a Waiver deal in the next month. Who woulda thunk that the Sox traded(theoretically) 4 first round picks away in 1 season. 3 as of right now
  5. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 12:49 AM) You know it. I lost interest in tonight's show right after HHH's "cool" promo (not gonna lie, I did like the "Batista's always hurt" comment). Well, here's to hoping that the Miz gets a better deal on SD or ECW. That, and "Flair is signing autographs at a VFW, and Orton is a jerk" were cracking me up.
  6. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 05:12 PM) The last couple of installments of the Alien film franchise, especially the gawdawful last AVP film all but dashed any hope I had of ever seeing another decent Alien film. This news has completely changed that.. :headbang Ridley Scott has been making noise for the past year about going back to the franchise. I couldnt be more excited. I hope they dont try and somehow weave Ripley into the prequel like I heard, because that would just be dumb
  7. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Great Whites Uncaged was freaking awesome. And the woman on the boat was hot
  8. I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole coming off this surgery. Shoulder surgeries are baaaaad, pitchers rarely seem to rebound to their original form
  9. Brandon Webb has season ending shoulder surgery
  10. I wish the schedule makers would just leave out the good teams. Oh bother
  11. http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/...eadline-trades/ I guess this guy thinks Kenny is The Terrible Gambler, instead of just The Gambler
  12. Kyyle23 replied to VAfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 11:41 AM) Perhaps youre right. But my example remains lets say if both guys are hitting .258, .315 OBP At some point, Beckham would have taken over for one of these guys, even if they were displaying some decent stats. Because theyve been pegged as the lineup's weak links for the entire year, and Becks has been mashing everywhere he's been. And it remains that Gordon likely wouldve replaced the righty bat Your hypotheticals are just that, hypothetical. The fact remains that Josh still has not shown an ability to adjust, and is overmatched at the major league level. The Sox waited as long as they could before pulling the plug, and they obviously believe that Beckham and Getz in the lineup is much better than Fields and Beckham, and I cannot disagree
  13. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 11:37 AM) Ew you see what happens when you start threads like this? Ribbie gets out of control. This is why we dont have nice things
  14. Kyyle23 posted a topic in SLaM
    I dont know how many of you enjoy this, but I have been watching Shark week since I was a kid, and it has never ceased to impress me. I was watching Air Jaws 2 last night, and watching 1+ ton sharks come flying out of the water chasing seals and fake seals was just incredible, especially the underwater cameras showing the actual thought process that some of the sharks take when considering prey. Anyone that thinks that a shark is a big dumb killing machine should sit down and watch some of these shows.
  15. I would like to see the overall effects of Beckham on the entire lineup since he has been brought up. I know it has been monumental
  16. I went to a Bulls/Atlanta Hawks playoff game in 1993. MJ hit a half courter to close out the half, they just steamrolled the Hawks. I also went to the White Sox game where Herbert Perry tripped over 3rd base trying to catch a Jim Thome popup. The very next pitch Thome hit a ball to straight away center that still hasnt landed. Stache Valentin and Big Frank homered too
  17. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 08:33 PM) Wonder if it's the end of the line. I think it is. He is never going to be able to do again what made him so amazing. That hook and heater are never going to be the same again
  18. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 06:45 PM) Yeah, but said in other terms, you dont make this trade and strip the Sox of a #5 starter...unless the guy is going to give you something this year. So I'm all for the trade, but if they shelve him for this year (by choice, that is)....then it's sending a questionable message to the guys on the team who were liking what CR gave them. 4 years of Peavy, he isnt a rental. Those guys all realize that they just added an ace for 4 years, and even if he doesnt give them much this year, there is more to come.
  19. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 06:24 PM) They'll bring him back as soon as he's able. Too much egg on your face, especially if Richard keeps looking good (in his new park as well) There is no egg on anyones face right now. The obly way there would be anything like that is if Peavy goes all Yankee Carl Pavano on the white sox, and even then, the egg would not be applied for quite some time And I dont get why everyone is freaking out that Peavy needs to pitch against the Cubs(not aimed at you RME JCO, I heard a bunch of callers the last few days calling in the score saying that Peavy MUST pitch this game). Its 1 game, not a series, and its interleague.
  20. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 09:36 AM) I support this product. unfortunately, this product does not end up supporting anyone
  21. You guys want to know why ESPN totally sucks now? Tune into baseball tonite right now so you can catch the baseball analysis of the winner of the recent American Idol, David Cook. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 07:53 AM) No. You should see the Australian Versions of Sportscenter and PTI they put on. Cringeworthy. You should post some clips
  22. I loathe having Linebrink on the mound. At any time, for any reason. It just makes me angry, and things go wrong, every time
  23. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 04:02 PM) Does Liney always has to pitch his way out of a jam? No. Liney never pitches out of jams. He creates jams and hopefully other relievers pitch out of his jams.
  24. QUOTE (Jbabs34 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 03:59 PM) Rivera's cutter is so deadly to a lefthander i'd rather take my chanes with a RH hitter up there. I really dont think either side matters more to Rivera. His stuff gets anyone out. I would rather give Kotsay a shot because he has been hitting the ball hard almost every at bat he has been with the sox
  25. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 03:56 PM) A little superstitious aren't we? JD sucks at RF. A little overcritical of something as simple as an intro song, arent we?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.