Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 01:54 PM) Never ceases to amaze me how poor the quality of posts in pale hose can be. We are putting much faith in your ability to bring the quality up. You have not disappointed I have been trying to find just a regular old kite to fly with my daughter, and I have been to Walmart, Target, and Toysrus with no luck(I am not counting the cheap Transformers and Starwars kites, nor the Airhog motorized kites), I just checked the hobby lobby page and they do not list kites, so I am now wondering if it is possible to find a normal kite somewhere.
-
Dumbest comments on facebook
i cannot escape the Zoo. Everyone has it, and everyone is making Zoo babies. Someone please make it stop
-
7/3 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 7:10pm CSN
I love all 4 of jhonnydanks posts
-
Pie...um...
I have a few favorites. Pumpkin is an all time favorite, Dutch Apple Pie and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie are a very close second
-
In their last 5 starts
Buehrle's numbers should be updated seeing as they are only improving
-
What's the best seats you've ever had at the Cell?
Had my feet up on the Sox dugout. Almost caught a foul ball from Fisk
-
Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games
QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 09:23 AM) No, hes awesome on the road and sucks at the Cell.. much like everyone else on our team. I think that remains to be seen. His horrible start and now his crazy streak have skewed his numbers. Im wondering where he levels off
-
What the Sox need
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 07:50 AM) Does such a player even exist? If he does, he'd be impossible to get. Do you realize how high a bar you just set? His name is Bryce Harper
-
Protecting Gordon
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 03:03 AM) Injured Reserve... old timer. wrong sport.....youngin'
-
7/2 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 07:31 AM) Looks like wednesday at the latest. Didnt he have the same hip surgery ARod had?
-
7/2 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 7:10pm CSN+
How long until Alex Gordon comes off the DL? I thought this was going to be his breakout year
-
Minor League Catch-All thread 2009 edition
- And this visit to cleveland is OVA!
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet- Fields vs. Getz
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:13 PM) If Getz has a July anywhere near as rough as his may and june were, then I'll be saying it. Well now, that makes two of us- Fields vs. Getz
QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:08 PM) What was it that you added? Nobody has ever said move Beckham this year. Every single post says "for the future" and they are all correct. My "addition" was that there is no point in arguing over something that doesn't exist (in this case, that Beckham should be moved NOW). Understand now? Please make sure that nobody has ever said move Beckham this year QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:08 PM) No one's asking him to play musical chairs on a nightly basis, but I don't think there's a ton of difference between playing 2b and 3b, and I don't think it's going to shatter the kid's confidence or affect his bat necessarily. The right combo may eventually be fields at 3b and gordon at 2b, or the right combo might be what we have. I don't think it's black or white. I agree with you for the most part. I dont think playing 2B would ever be an issue of "settling in", i think it is more 3rd base than anything. It is a different position than middle infield in mentality and reactions, I just think they want him to stay consistent with one thing before they attempt to shuffle him around. THey have been playing safe with him all season, I dont see that changing- Fields vs. Getz
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:02 PM) We moved Alexei around a lot last year, despite his youth at a ton of positions generally excluding the one he's used to. Why would this necessarily not allow gordon to "settle in"? A lot? CF for the first month, very sporadically, then he went to 2B pretty much fulltime when Uribe pulled his hammy against the Giants- Fields vs. Getz
QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:56 PM) Feel free to point out any post that said "OMG, move Beckham to 2b TONIGHT!!!!!" Feel free to add something to the discussion. There has been plenty of Soxtalk discussion about where Beckham needs to be, 3B, SS, and 2B, and I agree with OKB, Gordon should be allowed to settle in to one position and unfortunately it knocked out another young player(Fields) from his natural position because he was slumping.- What the Sox need
The Royals and Sox have actually traded sort of frequently in the last couple years. Off the top of my head, MacDougal, Ramirez and Sisco. I wouldnt completely discount trading for Teahen at this point- Gordon Beckham's Last 15 Games
The thing that I love about Beckham is his approach with RISP. He has been absolute money for the last 2 weeks, and everything is up the middle. An exception was last night when he struck out vs Herges, but he was very close to a RBI in his first two swings, he was killing the ball foul- 7/1 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm WCIU
QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 09:32 AM) *then shipps pretends to put $1 tip on table but is actually taking kyle's only dollar.* I can accept that some people are more needy than others. Consider it a gift- 7/1 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm WCIU
Contreras, please dont leave us with a Sower taste in our mouths Thanks folk, Im here all day- Why this team COULD NOT and now WILL make playoffs
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 08:29 AM) Offensively, Quentin will be replacing Anderson/Wise in the lineup, as Ozzie has said Pods moves to CF when TCQ returns. So anything he gives us beyond what AnderWise has provided is a positive, and it shouldn't take him long to pass that bar and do a lot more. IF he remains healthy, which is why I say it is bonus. We all now know that one *pop* and Quentin is on the shelf for the rest of the year.- Why this team COULD NOT and now WILL make playoffs
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 06:34 AM) I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment if they think CQ is going to step right back in and dominate. Honestly, isnt any production from Quentin at this point just bonus? The Sox are clicking right now on offense, Quentin provides another presence in the lineup, but it isnt as if the Sox offense struggles could be pinned on the absence of Quentin. I would lay most of the blame on complete lack of execution and coinciding slumps if anything- Films Thread
QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 04:44 PM) Seriously, what's up with her thumbs? http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/...all_thumbs.html- Catch-All Anything Thread
I found that staring out the window at the wing of my plane was unsettling, duct tape or no duct tape. watching the metal ripple in the wind had me thinking of the Twilight Zone episode with Shatner(also the remake with John Lithgow) - And this visit to cleveland is OVA!