Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:18 AM) That doesn't take away from them improving, it takes away from them winning games. There's a distinct difference between that. That said, I did say with Carson they have a chance at being .500. The previous 4 seasons with Carson as the QB, they went 8-8, 11-5, 8-8, and 7-9. I'd say .500 is within the realm of possibility, even without TJ. They did sign Laveranues Coles, who is still a pretty solid receiver, and they have a bit of talent among their WR corps. Not to mention they also have Chris Henry who is as good as any WR when healthy(or is that not suspended?), and Chad Johnson. They are fine in the WR dept
-
KW should be embarassed
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:21 AM) Well, then we're back to the argument that Ozzie is a miracle worker/master motivator to get anything out of this threadbare talent, and Walker and Cooper should have lifetime contracts. Where do you pull this s*** from? Who ever made this argument?
-
electric razors
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:06 AM) Do you all have mirrors in the shower or something? How the heck can you shave without looking in the mirror. I at least need the mirror when I'm trimming around my sideburns, which I keep very thin. get a plastic shower mirror at a dollar store.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 5, 2009 -> 08:42 AM) That's ok fellas. One day your body will start to 'change'. It's called puberty. after that they can participate in the electric razor thread
-
Dom Deluise has passed away...
I dont remember the exact quote, but when DD was Caesar and Comicus was doing his standup and made a fat joke, that was hysterical "Did he just make a joke about a pig?" "Yes sir, I believe he did sir" "Do you think he meant meeeeee?"(with mouth full of food) "Yes sir, I believe he did" "KILL HIM!!!!"
-
Really Cool story on Nikola Tesla building
I still think that David Bowie was perfectly casted as Tesla.
-
KW should be embarassed
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 5, 2009 -> 07:01 AM) And Lillibridge is right next to him staring like a deer in headlights with the bat on his shoulder. Lillibridge is still thinking about the proper way to miss the ball completely on a hit and run
-
KW should be embarassed
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:59 AM) I jumped to my left to avoid the chair and all of a sudden he fell on top of me. Damn you Kenny Williams! KW is looking down at you from the open window with that smug "I told you so" look.
-
KW should be embarassed
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:56 AM) Dammit. You just fell on me. Well at least you didnt get hit by the chair too
-
KW should be embarassed
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:31 AM) Who the hell do you think you guys are? The logic police? EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!! I just threw my chair through the office window for effect
-
KW should be embarassed
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:17 AM) Thank you. I love this over the top stuff, its hilarious. OMG WTF WE HAVE NO CHANCE!!!!! Please, we're a couple games out, in a weak division, despite having a number of key players missing time, all of whom are recently back or will come back soon. The 2008 team was under .500 later in the season than this. What? Im already lookin ahead to 2012(maybe). The next 3 - 5 seasons should be ignored, and a chicken little thread should be created after every loss
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ May 5, 2009 -> 12:09 AM) Very solid film none of you will ever watch: 'Sunshine Cleaning' false
-
Go Away Pods
QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:57 PM) Lillyflower and Pudsednik hay U schpelt dis rong, plees carrect
-
I couldn't make this up if I tried
I like how baseball players are acting as drug dealers. And a good portion of them are current or ex White Sox players(McCarthy, Eduardo Perez, Sandy Alomar, BA)
-
5/4 CHW @ KC, 7:10 CT, CSN
QUOTE (qwerty @ May 4, 2009 -> 02:44 PM) I can't wait to hear hawk. The new scoreboard is crazy awesome, I have to give them that http://cdn.wn.com/o25/ph//2009/04/02/7d750...ec13-grande.jpg Here is a pic of it without the crowning
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 4, 2009 -> 03:15 PM) Their coach is Dusty Baker. I've counted them out. Dusty may have his faults, but he has had a lot of success in the majors as a manager, too much success to just dismiss his team because he is the manager
-
Neil Funk/Stacey King Appreciation
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 4, 2009 -> 02:03 PM) Stacey is hilarious. I think him and Wayne Larrivee would be great. Neil often got names wrong, especially in the beginning of the season. And he wouldn't even state what was going on the court correctly. he was able to slide on that sort of thing when he was on the radio because nobody could see it, now it is plain as day. And it is pretty bad too, he is often VERY wrong
-
We are literally the worst team ever.
QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:44 PM) Ill do more to join the inside circle as we go forward. it will probably help you avoid embarrassing situations such as this
-
We are literally the worst team ever.
QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:24 PM) I really have no idea what your talking about. "series" is an inside joke(sort of, most posters know it by now) from a thread, and that thread was nominated for thread of the year
-
We are literally the worst team ever.
QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:13 PM) Yess, I kuld knot beau more serious I cannot believe you dont understand the reference Did you vote in the "Best threads of 2008" for the Soxtalk awards?
-
We are literally the worst team ever.
QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 4, 2009 -> 12:58 PM) Can we change the subtopic of this thread? That would be SERIOUSLY awesome! are you seriesly asking us to change that word to the correct spelling? series?
-
We are literally the worst team ever.
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 4, 2009 -> 12:25 PM) I never said this. No, you said this: QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 4, 2009 -> 08:50 AM) Yes - for those fans who carried a ridiculously optimistic attitude into this season, given this obviously flawed roster, I think a more tempered outlook might serve you better. When I read that some people on this board were picking this roster to win 90 games I could not believe what I was reading, particularly because such a large proportion of the board seemed to be thinking that way. I will take my ridiculously optimistic attitude over your piss poor pessimistic attitude every day of the week
-
We are literally the worst team ever.
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 4, 2009 -> 12:13 PM) I told you mid-last season I thought the White Sox would probably win the division and then get swept in the playoffs. Sorry I was one game off, but I think my projection was pretty damned realistic. 2007 was an easy read for almost anyone. I believe in components of this team, but I'd like for us to approach this season in a different way. I do not see any equity in trying to get in this season by trading away prospects for quick fix 3 month rentals this July. I'm much more interested in developing Beckham, for example, and seeing what other guys like Poreda etc can do at this level this season. Contreras and Colon are anathema to my philosophy about what the White Sox should be doing right now. As I said, this was always a rebuilding year, it's too bad that Ken Williams is dressing it up otherwise. Good, you know everything and everyone else doesnt. We are settled then
-
We are literally the worst team ever.
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 4, 2009 -> 12:03 PM) The 1987 Minnesota Twins and 2006 St. Louis Cardinals are two examples out of the last 30 or so years of seemingly bad teams getting in that won it all, and probably the ONLY two teams among many. You asked "how many WC have won the world series?" How does this apply? The WC team could have the second best record in the league. The worst division winner cannot - and that's the scenario we are looking at here. Can you please tell me how the wild card will be coming out of the central this season? How about this instead - since 1995, how many times has the worst division winner in either respective league won the world series? How many times has a team that has won less than 90 games won the world series? I'll bet it's less than 10%. You're saying that banking on that 5-10% or so statistical historical chance we would have to win the World Series is a mindset we should have year after year after year....are you serious? I'd ask you if you treat similar statistical chances in the same way? Just so I have this straight- in this same paragraph you assume that if we lose game 3 of the first round of the 2005 divisional playoffs while up 2-0, we probably don't win the series whatsoever. That is what you're saying, right? probably. Is this like saying if we win the division with 83 wins this season, we probably win the world series? you dont believe the Sox have a shot. We all get that, as you have been repeating it for the past 2 seasons(maybe more). How about I dont tell you that you have to believe in this team, and you dont tell me that I shouldnt believe in this team, we can agree to disagree and move on.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 10:51 AM) There are fresh water sharks. I think the episode that he is referring to deals with the Bull Sharks going up the Mississippi river and causing havoc. There was a story about a shark in the early 1900's that attacked a bunch of people in a northern state, I think Illinois or Iowa. It isnt exactly catching a monster, it is more like catching an animal out of its element. Kind of like the cougar in Chicago. There was one monster that has been sighted, and that was the Giant/Colossal Squid off the coast of Mexico. Those episodes are a cut above the bigfoot/nessie shows, because the creature truly exists, they just cannot get a good look at it