Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. It must be rough to be sooooo poor.
  2. Welcome to Soxtalk
  3. http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialrep.../fireandice.asp Much more at link...
  4. I like bringing up a guy who gives us a completely different looks. We just brought up a sidearmer and a knuckleballer, so this might make the fastballers look a little faster.
  5. Don't look now, but Jerry Owens might be playing Erstad and Pods out of Chicago in 2k8...
  6. Hello Soxtalk my old friend.
  7. Well at least John Kerry will come to his defense!
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 09:01 PM) When do you get to go? I'm handing in my stupid mfing comps at 5 on Friday then I am going go see the movie. I'm very excited. I'll probably see it when it comes out on DVD. I like the series, but I am not a HUGE fan. I saw the last one on DVD as well.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    My wife is going to the movie tonight, while I am on Madison patrol.
  10. Wow, Chuck was not one of the names I expected that would come up here... I think they like the fact he could relieve or go long innings to save the pen. Hopefully he isn't as amped up as the last time we got here and he doesn't overthrow the knuckler again.
  11. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 10:11 PM) Kenny Williams actually said during an interview with Chuck Garfine (sp?). That he was incredibly close to trading Buehrle, that for the past week he's had 2-3 offers that he could very well have said yes to and would have been happy with but wanted to work out an extension instead. According to KW, if Buehrle had rejected the offer made to him this morning he would have been traded. Yeah, right. We all know Kenny. If he got a superior deal, he would have drove Mark to the airport. Remember this is a guy who cut loose the biggest name in White Sox history... Twice. Him talking about trading Buehrle is a shot over the bow to guys like Tada, JD, and even Jon Garland that they had better not think about trying to hold a gun to his head for a big contract, because he won't hesitate to ship their asses to Siberia.
  12. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 08:23 PM) Gee, thanks, you dolt. Then again, you have the most to lose, hehe. Eh, its a post count. I don't lose anything. I just want to see an archive done, and other than that, I'll be thrilled to fix the glitch.
  13. Hopefully the big man stays healthy enough to hit it this year. Konerko being hot is going to be getting some pitches to hit, so that ought to help.
  14. Man they might be able to send Alan Keyes out there to win this race.
  15. Jason, you need to be like Kenny Williams and blow this thing up for the future! Its time. Retire this old thing, and lets move on to bigger and better things. I think it would be the perfect Soxtalk 5th anniversary gift to be glitch free.
  16. http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/pos...TBkMTc0YjRlNTc=
  17. QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 12:10 PM) I predict a trade happens tonight...
  18. QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 08:43 PM) amen, hey addison, want some tixs? Ping me. Oh sure, give the kid tickets...
  19. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 07:30 PM) I think you will be surprised and there will only be a couple mill difference in money between the two and at that rate I'm taking Hunter who is hands down the better and more consistent player. But if I were wrong and Rowand would take less money than I think he'll get offered (I think someone goes as high as 9 million over 4 years) than I would be happy with that. I think when all is said and done, someone is going to give Hunter more years and more dollars per year, by a wide margin. Remember the Red Sox need a CF, and they need him badly. If Seattle keeps playing well, and makes Ichiro want to still stay there, then Hunter is the #1 CF on the open market, and you know what that means...
  20. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:13 PM) Anyone think Javy has finally figured it out? He's been really good going back to last August. That's about 27 or 28 starts. Anyway, this is easily his best stretch since 2003, or atleast the first half of 2004. I was just going to say this... It finally seems he is getting the mental aspect to go along with the talent part. Some guys it takes longer than others, but it is nice to see the Sox have rebuilt Vazquez. Hopefully they can get the samething with Floyd, because his arm is beautiful... the rest, not so much.
  21. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 06:48 PM) I wasn't a part of that or anything.... so feel free to exclude me... oh wait you did. Thanks metro mine seems longer.... like I dunno 2 days longer or so How could we forget about Porkchop? Just remember Soxtalk needs something... and it is more Murcie! Well we just need to pay attention and get an old fashioned Soxtalk Chicago-sytle ballot stuffing operation together when it is time!
  22. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 07:49 PM) Uhhh, nope! If you should have listened to anyone, you should have known better and listened to me!
  23. For the differences in money, I would rather have Aaron Rowand in CF next year...
  24. QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 01:01 PM) Fire them all? Start over? Repeat every 4-6 years? Shorten terms? Impose term limits? Get away from scare tactics? Have smarter voters that can see through bulls***? It's hard because I don't think it's just the politicians that are the problem. If it was, they would just get voted out. Instead, they find people to buy their bulls*** hook line and sinker. I think we've also (both sides) gotten away from actual issues and have plummeted into politics of scare tactics. Either we're told "The terrorists are gonna get us" or that "Our freedoms are being taken away." Of course, the people that could actually reform politics are either unelectable (see Dennis Kucinich) or don't want to get caught up in all that crap. Ah would that be nice. The term "unelectable" bugs me more and more as I get older. Basically they use that term to smear anyone who doesn't march to party line orders. I would so love to see a middle of the ground third party emerge, and this day and age is the perfect time. The moderate platform is so open for the taking right now. Its open like never before in my lifetime.
  25. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 12:26 PM) I know, I read the book, and I was like, what the freak, that's not a good preview for what actually happens. They made it look like Harry Potter meets Lemony Snickets in the commericials. Instead it was stinking My Girl Blech.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.