Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Happy Bday SnB
No more "security" at Soxfest :
-
Cleveland Indians Fan
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 02:26 PM) actually the White Sox stench is way worse this year It kinda smells like Lake Erie
-
Mets Interested in Buehrle?
After reading a few of these trade threads, I think a lot of people are setting themselves up to be really pissed off here in the next month and a half. I don't see us getting nearly what some people think we are going to get for these players, if we deal them at all.
-
Nicest/Favorite Park
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 05:09 PM) Jacobs Field is my favorite. I enjoyed everything about that ballpark. I do like the Jake a lot, if it wasn't for that bastard with the drum, the bleachers would be one of the best seats in baseball.
-
Mets Interested in Buehrle?
QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 02:00 PM) I think the Mets will go hard at Zambrano. Thus the Sox could get him back via FA and the nice players while the Mets make a run at the WS and get two draft picks. Zambrano isn't going anywhere unless the Cubs go on a White Sox-esque slump.
-
TALKBULLS MOCK DRAFT?
The mock draft is up and ready to rumble. Please check in for your teams and your picks! Gracias! http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=28277
-
6/16 Games (Gio's hand reattached)
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 01:11 PM) Considering this is the 4th year Floyd has had starts in AAA, I don't think anyone should get too excited about a little success. I don't know why people want to make Sisco a starter. He throws 35 pitches an inning. Sisco needs to work on his muscle memory, his release points, and his secondary pitches. Being a starter would let him work on all of that, even if he ends up as a reliever at a future time.
-
Matt Murton
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 01:01 PM) I didn't know you were such a clubhouse cancer Hey I make the line ups. Its up to them to go out and do their jobs!
-
And that's a white sox loser
QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 01:06 PM) SS2k5, I don't disagree that that's what those guys get. I'd be fine with that if I felt they would pony up for what Buehrle is worth. It's more. And I don't think they will. If I'm right, those are crazy priorities. They won't. If they were going to pay MB what he was worth, they would have done it a long time ago. I for one will be intersted to see if Mark can get a nine figure contract in this market place.
-
6/16 Games (Gio's hand reattached)
QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 10:11 PM) Brandon Allen up to .277 after his 5-6 performance, maybe he's finally living up to his potential. I was just going to say that... He is still a young buck, so there is time for him. The power numbers arent' there this year so far, but hopefully he can add those back without subtracting the average.
-
Matt Murton
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 12:48 PM) Steroids. PS: you shouldn't be calling out your teammates in the media. He doesn't play the game the way it is supposed to be played anyway.
-
Cleveland Indians Fan
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:44 AM) Don't let one pissy poster define your experience here. ^^^ Exactly. Welcome aboard.
-
Matt Murton
+100 pounds...
-
Matt Murton
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 12:39 PM) Carlos Lee? 2000 Carlos Lee maybe...
-
Matt Murton
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 12:34 PM) Podsednik? Imagine Podsedniks reads with Murtons speed.
-
Matt Murton
QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 07:54 AM) I like him, but how bad is his defense really? The fat guy who plays EH on my softball team plays a better LF than Matt Murton.
-
If I were to deal one player on this team...
QUOTE(whitesox94 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 12:20 PM) He'll go to Boston. Replace Co Co Crisp And get a s***load of money and years to do it...
-
Guess the start of the firesale - date of the first trade.
QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:36 AM) What do you call a season where a team finishes with the worst record in baseball ? Like this one will be. What position does Kenny Williams play on the field? I know he played LF and 3B when he played 20 years ago, but I must have totally missed him playing again. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:24 AM) If that were the case he would have been singing about it. He's the first to toot his own horn. Besides, he's been wrapped up in the draft. I don't think he feels an urgency to make a move right now. Not when it comes to trades... He likes to be Mr Super-Slueth and all top secret. Now after the fact, he is the first to talk about how great the players are from him moves.
-
2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread
The Sox are 4-13 since May 31st, when Darin Erstad blew up his ankle.
-
For Dems only.
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:52 AM) So, what you're telling me is that you feel it's a bad thing for a person to become wealthy in this country? Because each and every example you compare this to is one of a person doing something bad or illegal. Well the first part is what I keep getting told around here... but anyways since that is obvious hyperbole, I'll ignore it for the main theme, and that is it is much harder to take advice from someone who saids, "Do as I say, not as I do" versus someone who actually walks the walk. It rings hollow and opportunistic if you ask me.
-
Guess the start of the firesale - date of the first trade.
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 01:33 PM) It's already been f***ing weeks too late. Its god damn ridiculous this team hasn't made a move. That said, I should note that for all I know Kenny has been busting his balls trying to do so and just couldn't get anyone to bite. You can bet on that much.
-
And that's a white sox loser
QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 10:27 AM) Mediocre. And not at a mediocre cost. Actually you are wrong there. The price of durable mediocre starters is pretty much what we are paying Vazquez. Go look at the pitching contracts over the last couple of winters.
-
Going to U.S. Cellular for the first time
QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 08:45 AM) The Taste of Chicago is goin on that week. You could check that out. And there is definitely Fireworks July 4th downtown at Navy Pier. Be sure to go to the taste at an off-peak time, if you want to get food. To me it is a little over-rated as there are literally a million people in Grant Park for the fireworks, so it gets pretty crazy.
-
All-star
I'd say Mark Buehrle, but Bobby Jenks isn't a bad pick either.
-
And that's a white sox loser
Personally I was glad to see back to back solid offensive preformances more than anything out of this series. Josh Fields seems to have made an adjustment and is seeing the ball a little better. The middle of the line up is also starting to see some results of some better approaches at the plate. Besides guys like PK and JD, Iguchi and Cintron are also looking better at the dish.