Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Detroit fans
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:10 PM) Well that is hella scary, but I also just hate the Twins and their stupid ass fans. Twinsfans>>>>>>>>>>any Detroit fans.
-
Goldman suing to take OJ Simpson's likeness rights
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:41 PM) http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2000/ast11sep_2.htm Damn you, I always spend sixty seconds reading your posts and another 10 minutes googling and reading. Maybe I should have my own useless facts thread
-
Detroit fans
QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:52 PM) I just haven't had much to say. I've stopped by to read what everyone was saying, but I figure if I don't have anything intelligent to say I shouldn't post. I have NO IDEA who will make it. This weekend will be telling but its not the final call. It should be fun, extremely maddening but fun. That makes you a better poster than lots yeah it is going to be an interesting finish to the end gate this year... three teams, two spots, and every team can control their own destiny. You can't ask for anymore than that.
-
Detroit Tigers World Series Thread
QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:39 AM) Could he file a grievence against the Tigers for this? Nope. he is still going to get his paycheck so he is SOL.
-
Hermanson, standing ovation
QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:38 AM) Yeah that sinker in the 9th to end it was sick too. He had been doing pretty well in Charlotte for a rather long period of time. I'm slightly surprised they didn't want to give him a shot earlier with the current bullpen woes. because if he gets called up and someone else gets sent out, that player can't be on the playoff roster. This way either Hermy or a guy like Riske can go to the playoffs if we make it.
-
Detroit fans
I don't know about the poll, but I have notice that the Tigers fans have disappeared quicker than a buffet table at the Williams household since their slump began.
-
Goldman suing to take OJ Simpson's likeness rights
Actually I believe it is even a Harvest Moon... well at least the Hoosiers and Iowians might know what I am talking about.
-
3 weeks to go
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:18 AM) We can't agree on anything. She's got a list of about 30 and I don't like a single one. I have a list of about 2 or 3 and she doesn't like them. MY favorite, Dbaho actually listed, is Abigail, but she doesn't want to have two kids that start with A. Ugh. Are the other two kids old enough to participate? Maybe that could help break the stalemate.
-
Hilton gets a DUI
When I was still running in college I was 5'9" and 120 pounds with a 3% body fat, which is incredibly low for a guy, I can't imagine being that weight as a girl who naturally carry more fat. That just doesn't sound healthy at all.
-
3 weeks to go
Ah the old naming game. I remember trying to pick a name for our baby. We had totally decided on a boys name and couldn't agree at all on a girls name forever... Guess what we found out we were having? So we actually ended up going through a baby book together and if one of us didn't like a name we threw it out. That got us down to 10 names. Then each of us picked our top 5 out of those 10, and exactly one was on both of our lists...
-
Detroit Tigers World Series Thread
QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:56 AM) Anybody think this could hurt the Tigers? I thought he was pretty well liked in the clubhouse. I know Leyland won't put up with much, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet for the greater good of the team. And if they were going to decline his option for next year anyway... I don't care what the Tigers say, it's just weird. Actually think Jimmy is trying to send the rest of his team a wakeup call.
-
Hilton gets a DUI
I guess when you weight 18 pounds it makes the BAC go up a little quicker.
-
The world meets Suri.
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:18 AM) From a parent the SECOND AND THIRD beautiful girls in the world.
-
Ryan gets 6 1/2 years
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:08 AM) You can't pin that directly on him. But, yes, I'm glad he's getting what he deserves. Its sure not a big leap of faith to feel that his corruption contributed to the death of those 6 children.
-
Ryan gets 6 1/2 years
He should have gotten 6 life sentences for the Willis children.
-
Ozzie's thoughts on Brian Anderson
QUOTE(southsideirish @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 03:10 PM) It doesn't look like he is getting on BAs ass. He sees how good BA can be and how much room he has for improvement. He is pushing him to get better. He wants him to go to winter ball to work on things and get better. I think this is a good thing. If he didn't think BA was a good player with the chance of being really good would he be saying these things? I highly doubt it. I would like this if I was BA. Thank you. I think Ozzie is smart enough to realize he is sitting on a 30-30 guy here and is trying to push him towards that. Honestly part of the reason that I think there are a lot of unspoken injuries going on here is exactly for the reason we haven't heard him selling out anybody else. Having listened to Oz for 3 seasons now, we all know he wouldn't hesitate to sell his madre down the rio if he thought it would get him a few more wins. I think there are guys he realizes he isn't going to get anymore out of, because they have nothing to give right now.
-
Dems don't like minimum wage?
QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 03:09 PM) Im glad youre so good at making assumptions on me based on my screen name, in which case youre a misspelled piece of clothing. In Illinois illegals collect benefits such as free education, subsodized housing, link cards, Im not saying others dont, I never did. You know nothing about me or anything Ive experienced just because I have chose not to disclose to prove validity but I have infact seen first hand on numerous occasions illegals getting paid cash and not reporting it. JUST BECAUSE THEY GET A TAX CARD DOESNT MEAN THEY REPORT THE CASH. Unless you work for the IRS your opinions are just as much hearsay as mine. Youve dodged every good point made by anyone on the subject and resulted to calling me a drunk because you disagree with my opinion. Are there INSTANCES of illegals getting benefits, in IL at least? Are there SEVERAL illegals getting paid cash and not reporting it? Im not talking about social programs or any other argument you need to change this to so you can prove your point. Im simply stating: In my opinion, illegal immigrants are a bigger issue THEN minimum wage right now in Illinois. I didnt say minimum wage wasnt an issue, I said I dont really care about it. Seriously man stop while you are way behind... SEVERAL immigrants who aren't paying taxes? INSTANCES of illegals getting benefits? numerous occasions illegals getting paid cash and not reporting it. You do realize that there are an estimated 12 MILLION illegal aliens in this country, right? Great example. Boy that really blows away anything that everybody else has talked about. At least site some sources or something if you are going to make this arguement.
-
White Sox @ Fenway vs Boston Sept 6th 2006 game thread
- Quotes of the Month ~ September
From the diversity poll, this is Soxy with a thought on the overwealmingly male make up of Soxtalk QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 12:48 PM) More like a party with cocktail weiners. . .- Diversity poll
QUOTE(spawn @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:22 AM) I'm a 39 year-old black man...and you guys are right. I'm a minority in the real world...but the ratio here is quite disheartening. Of course, that's through no fault of anyone here. I'm a member of 5 different forums, either sports or political related, and this ratio holds true to the other forums as well. One of those forums, I'm the only black member. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of politics board are you a member of? QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 06:07 PM) I hope The Reverend Jesse Jackson isnt a Sox fan or he would shut this place down. The King of Beers is in fact a big White Sox fan. I did see him at Soxfest last year, granted that was during an NAACP meeting at the Hyatt, but supposedly he got over and said hey to the team. QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 12:48 PM) More like a party with cocktail weiners. . . Holy crap is that funny QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:36 PM) Not in group 4 or 5 just yet, but I'll raise my hand on that one. Count me in the age 32 bracket.- Buerhle Headed Back To Chicago
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:27 PM) Indeed. This is why they play a 162 game schedule and not play on XBOX's like ya'll want to think like. Thank God I still have a playstation- Dems don't like minimum wage?
QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:01 PM) Actually, they make about 5 cash, collect government benefits and live in subsodized housing, dont pay taxes, and send money they make to their families that exchanges at enough for them to live comfortably off of. Amazing indeed God lord this might take the cake for the biggest load of crap ever laid in filibuster. In reality-land, the great majority of this isn't even possible. #1-Illegals can't collect benefits #2-in most states illegals aren't able to get benefits such as subsidized housing #3-most illegals do pay something in taxes as they either steal or use false SS numbers to pass to employers looking to cover their backsides #4-I'd love to meet an illegal living comfortably. Most live in incredibly cramped housing with way more people than they should in order to keep housing costs to a minimum. The sad thing is that I might be the one leading the charge for tough immigration laws here, and even I can recognize the odiferousness of this pile of s***.- Buerhle Headed Back To Chicago
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) This team is nowhere close to the divided, lazy team that Jerry managed. Jerry wouldnt even openly tell his players what they were doing wrong. His starters have higher ERA's because they havent pitched well. Should he take all of them out after the 3rd inning? Freddy is done, Garland has turned it around because of Ozzie placing confidence in him, including taking him out early some games, and leaving him in in others. IN fact his career turn around has come because of Ozzie leaving him in to work out his own problems. Pods is a vet who has shown slumps can be turned around. If he is hurt, he hasnt let anyone know. I agree wtih playing BA every day, that is the only real thing I think he has done wrong. If Pods has hurt, he hasn't let us know... For all we know, he has told Ozzie and Kenny. I really believe there is a lot of that going around right now that we don't really know about. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:34 AM) WB stranger... ^^^^ Yeah you are a pretty cool guy, for a plushie- Ozzie's thoughts on Brian Anderson
I think a lot more is being made of this as well... They want Anderson to keep getting his ABs after only getting 306 so far this year. The only way a young hitter develops and starts to adjust to his defecencies is to keep getting to the plate and learn to recognize situations and pitches. As for the power vs speed stuff, I think it is pretty clear Ozzie is looking at a Pods-less future and thinking that we need to get more SBs from somewhere. I think he also is saying the obvious, that we get plenty of power in this line up, and it would be more beneficial to the team to have BA causing problems on the basepaths vs trying to hit homers. The Sox really believe in winterball for the development of their players, and it isn't a big surprise that they are pushing Anderson to go that route.- Ryan Sweeney to start in RF tonight.
QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:05 AM) How ironic is it that Sweeney seemed to be the one playing care free on the field, while the core guys are extremely tight? And it was really obvious last night... All the "quit" garbage is just that, garbage. These guys are beat up, exhausted, and tight. All of these guys are trying to take it all on their own backs, and baseball games just aren't won that way. You have to be relaxed and staying within your abilities, and the only guy that seemed to be there last night was Ryan Sweeney. - Quotes of the Month ~ September