Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 07:50 PM) He will steal the heart of every woman in Chicago who loves bald men, which seems like a lot of women since they all love Konerko. 5 years- $60 million.
  2. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 10:54 AM) If thats the case then im wrong. But I heard earlier that he had pitched for a AAA team with another club? Either way, the guy has several years experience, has shown he can get hitters out, and has shown that he can pound the strike zone. I like him. Some idiot columnist published that garbage, I forget who... He has never pitched at AAA.
  3. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060320/lf_nm/...ent_mexico_dc_2
  4. Here is what the money is saying...
  5. I didn't think I would be out on a limb with this, but I am going to say Pablo Ozuna
  6. QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 01:12 AM) One of the ESPN analists said about this, that if a pitcher blows his elbow or a pitching-related injury, it's not b/c of that one pitch, but a collection of all the pitches before that, and that that pitch is the straw that broke the camals back. As sopme wise man once said: "A stonecutter will hammer away at a rock for perhaps 100 times without a crack showing in it. Then on the 101st blow, it will split in two. It is not that last blow alone which accomplished the result, but the 100 others that went before as well." Exactly. This didn't happen because of the WBC. An injury like this would have happened regardless.
  7. In one word TOAST. This is the worst year I have had in a long time, although I have watched like zero college ball this year.
  8. I have got to find someone else to join first, or it won't really matter. Also I don't know at this point if we are going to find a day that works for everyone. My advice right now would be to make sure you prerank your players. I definately don't see it being before Saturday if we have to move the draft time again.
  9. A part of me wonders when the ACLU will be getting involved...
  10. QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 07:50 PM) Ohh that's stupid. Over 5 months isn't enough? http://www.environmentalhomecenter.com/sho...de=AFM_CAULKING So it has to be 55 degrees or more, dry, and out of the sun. So in a word, no, 5 months wasn't enough, because how many days of those 5 months fit the discription at which you could apply caulk?
  11. IIRC its pretty sparsely populated up there, right?
  12. And as if we didn't know this was coming... NASA mistakes shut down the agency for a day... http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/03/17/n...s.ap/index.html
  13. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 10:49 AM) Riots/Protest = France. Always have. Always will. I guess I would be pissed off too if I were in France
  14. Boone has impressed me more than anyone else in the race for the last lefty. He has good stuff and that arm angle is deceptive, at least for now. Sometimes all it takes is a subtle change like the arm angle. It made a huge difference for Contreras last year, and it took Kelly Wunsch from being a career journeyman minor leaguer, to the majors in about a year.
  15. ATTENTION ALL!!!! The draft is going to be delayed a week because we still do not have a 12th player. I will post more when I know more. Sorry guys.
  16. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 04:12 PM) Stay home and talk to your kids or take them to the park to throw around a ball. Save the $300 you spend on tickets and popcorn for their college education. Rick, you don't HAVE to buy tickets from the Cubs' in-house scalpers....either that, or cut back on the f***ing popcorn!!! LMAO!!!! Or just get your seats in that new restaraunt... Ooops, I mean we could always just watch the game for free at the knothole... Oh Damn, uh, I guess we could just try to catch homers on Waveland... s***. I guess not, huh? Oh well, I guess we'll just take our world title and go home.
  17. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 05:42 PM) I believe he was in the 95-96 range today. Yeah, he looked pretty solid today. Well pitchingwise anyway...
  18. QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 06:56 PM) WTF? Its a horseracing term... It means that he is the leader about halfway through the race.
  19. Riots in Paris again? Geesh.
  20. http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=...17-045852-9586r Simon predicts his top three... Two of them I like, one of them I might not stop for in a crosswalk.
  21. Well its not much, but hopefully it helps
  22. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 04:12 PM) Ya, mate. Lots of it. It's sunny and 80 right now. Leaves are out, wildflowers on the way, grass is green, and life is good. how are those wildfires going?
  23. http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/03/14...oaks/index.html
  24. QUOTE(WCSox @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 01:39 PM) What was the season ticket base at this time last year? 10,000? 12,000? I still think that 3 million (37,000/game) is a stretch, but 2.8 million (34,500/game) seems likely. I believe 11K was the base last year, but someone else can probably verify that for me.
  25. QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 01:25 PM) *THIS READTHAY IS BEING ONITOREDMAY* I know your joking and all, but I almost wish it were true because it is going to be a disaster when it finally happens. A part of me actually wants to take my digital down to the Sears Tower just to see if I even get noticed trying to mimic the behavior of these people.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.