Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
SHIT!
QUOTE(needauribe @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 11:57 AM) If Sox games are not blacked out during the regular season, I'm sure they won't be blacked out during Christmas time. If you are in Michigan City, count on being able to watch as I will in South Bend. yeah but Kap was going to do me a little favor involving a DVR instead of me just video taping them. oh well.
-
Shut it before I tape yer mouth shut...
20 years ago this was called "disipline". now its front page news.... And we wonder why kids are spoiled rotten now adays. [/old codger]
-
SHIT!
Son of a b****... I guess I am glad I bought all of those video tapes.
-
Another Mariotti Thread
Good... bad... indifferent... I don't know why you all waste your time reading his crap. Its people like you who keep Kotex-boy employed. Put down the Sun Times and find a decent newspaper to read.
-
Let's Play the
QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:26 AM) Mike Porzio signed an autograph for me, and the guy wreaked of a bottle of jim beam. My biggest Porzio memory was the Cubs fan poster who was here when I joined named Cy Porzio. Next up Jerry Don Gleaton
-
Congress Banks on Dollar Coins Depicting Ex-Prez's
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 10:43 AM) I tried collecting the state quarters, and after about (ironically) Indiana I quit. I need to catch those up somehow. I've got a jar full of assorted ones if you get up here sometime soon. They might get cashed in during January so let me know what you want soon so I can separate them out
-
Blackhawks @ Predators
Darcy better throw down with Vandermeer tonight, or else :angry Have fun dude!! Don't forget about question #2.
-
Congress Banks on Dollar Coins Depicting Ex-Prez's
I am a big time coin collector. Its one of the things I picked up proudly from my grandmother. I check all of my change before throwing into jars as a kind of mini savings account. Honestly I think it could be a neat thing to pass on to my daughter when she is old enough to understand. Some hobbies easily transfer from generation to generation, and are neat ways to interact with your kids/parents etc.
-
Not to start a debate or anything...
QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:52 AM) Pretty clever. I can appreciate it. ^ Exactly what I thought. I can always appreciate good satire.
-
Soxtalk's 1 millionth post
We actually had a bit of a contest a while back to pick the date it would happen and who the magic poster would be... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34678
-
The Evil Kenny Williams
With all due respect this thread misses the big picture. This is exactly who Kenny Williams is as a GM. He is perpetually trying to make the team better, even if it is just incrementally. If anyone thought he was going to rest on his laurels just because we won the World Series, they were dead wrong. As a matter of a fact with something in the area of an extra $20 million to spend in 2006, we should have expected the flurry of moves, and with Williams history as a GM, we should expect the moves to by and large workout well. To be honest the day Kenny quits being aggressive and obsessive is the day he needs to be fired. He isn't the nicest or the smartest GM in the world. He doesn't have the worlds biggest payroll, or the best scouting department. The one thing Williams does have is the guts to look past his personal ties and identify problems and idenify potential solutions, and then the guts to actually do something about them. Look it is much easier to sit and do nothing and win your 75-85 games a year, just ask Ron Schuler. The thing is you aren't going to get that from Kenny. Kenny is going for the brass ring on every pass. For better or for worse, this is the capitian of our ship. To expect him to quietly sail off into the sunset is foolish. I want Kenny Williams to do what he does best, make the cold decesions and keep trying to improve the Chicago White Sox.
-
The Doom and Gloom
QUOTE(LDF @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:57 PM) then why even have a msg board Oh I don't know, maybe to give Sox fans from around the USA and the world one place to unite and ENJOY the team?
-
Wikipedia-raising more questions than answers
From today's Trib
-
take a look back at last years trade deadline
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 04:05 PM) Wasn't that for RJ? Samething for Vazquez IIRC.
-
take a look back at last years trade deadline
Even better look back at last year when the rumored asking price for Vazquez was Konerko, Garland, a pitching prospect, and a CF prospect.
-
Good or Bad Trade?
QUOTE(Ricky3353 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:21 PM) this deal really shows the sox' intolerence of Scott Boras-Garland's agent. I heard the sox initally offered a 3 yr 24 mil deal, and boras and garland declined. Also, How good is Chris Young? Who would be his MLB comparison? From what i heard he sounds like juan pierre. Borass isn't Garland's agent... It is Craig Landis, who is also PKs agent.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:00 PM) I'll have a great deal for you! The plan is 3 days Rio, 2 days Manaus, 2 days Amazon Rain Forest. Just out of morbid curiousity... How much, if you don't mind.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:27 PM) LMAO, Dude, let's get really high and think about soxy, that would be soooo cooool. Maybe I'll send her an email No way! Way! Our future is safe in their hands. [closes email browser, slowly walks away]
-
Sox interested in Kotsay?
Is this guy just making up trade ideas or does he have a basis in fact?
-
Sox could offer best package for Tejada
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:45 PM) Who said anything about contracts getting smaller, if you read my posts, Garland will not be one of the top pitchers out there. He wont make as much money as the elite or top three arms on the market, because only a certain amount of teams are willing to overpay for arms. Thats all. The top arms always make more than the middle arms anyway. With the combination of age, health, potential, and statistics, Jon Garland is going to be one of the most desirable arms on the market next year. If AJ Burnett is worth 5 years at $11 million per year, dispite his sub .500 career record and MAJOR injury history, and you are telling me that contracts won't get smaller next year, it just goes to reason that Garland could get more years and more money as he is a much more attractive pitcher to a team who needs pitching help, and way less of a risk. You also seem to be forgetting the zero sum game that is free agency, for every player that leaves, someone has to replace that pitcher. All saying there will be a bunch of good pitchers on the market next year means is that a bunch of teams will be potentially losing good pitchers and have the need to sign someone to fill their shoes. These things don't happen in a vaccuum.
-
Just a way out there thought...
Judging by Kenny's fixation on players and the Sox potential to move a starter... How about a Griffey/Freel for Garland deal?
-
Sox could offer best package for Tejada
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) The market this year is different from one that will feature as many top level pitchers as next year. And I am sure no one will be trying to sign any of those pitchers, or that no teams are losing any pitchers that they will need to replace or anything. OK try this one on for size. With the exceptions of post strike years, when was the last time free agents contracts got smaller one year vs the next one?
-
Good or Bad Trade?
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:42 AM) You're serious? In your opinion, Javier Vazquez is worth El Duque, the sixth starter of sorts, Vizcaino, a contributing member of the bullpen, Chris Young, on pace to be this teams staple in CF beginning as early as 2007, and $5M cash? I suppose the logical thing to do here would be wait until Kenny's plan is executed to its completion, but, knee-jerk reaction: just don't like it. Naturally, I'll still devote as much of my "fandom" to this club as ever before. We all know this. We are talking about a pitcher we didn't want, the last right hander out of our pen, and a good prospect with an ETA of 2007 who plays a position that we have 3 other legitimate prospects, 2 knocking on the majors door, that we traded. Hernandez was worthless to us, Vizcaino is easily replacable. Young is the only one who MIGHT hurt, and that won't be for a while. Yes this deal is a winner for the Sox.
-
Sox could offer best package for Tejada
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:29 AM) Can you please list the FA pitchers next year? Please explain how Garland would be the best on that list, thanks How about you print me a list of the contracts that people have been getting in the free agent market the last two seasons and you explain to me how Garland won't get a better deal than the great majority of them?
-
A Mariotti Bashing Tribune Article
This never gets old.