Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:43 PM) I have to like ABBA. It's my heritage. I pray for the unbreeders :headshake
  2. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:01 PM) Torture is never acceptable IMHO. I do believe that there are some moral absolutes. And torturing someone for any reason is one of those No-Nos that I live by. Even if he saids he is getting ABBA back together for a worldwide reunion tour?
  3. This speech lays out exactly what the goals are and what determines victory in Iraq. http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/07/bus...ript/index.html
  4. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 11:41 AM) Somehow I dont think that corrupt cops would stay around when the going got tough and they were actually having to do their jobs. Unless there was a gain to be had...
  5. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 11:22 AM) We could all wear slings and have a "Tommy John" day! Except we should make it during the Cubs/Sox series for Carrie Woods's sake.
  6. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 08:13 PM) If you get a chance to talk to Baj at SoxFest, anyone from Soxtalk should try to stop by and say hi. He's been nothing but great to us, plus I might as well have a mancrush on him (not like Jason's mancrushes). He's a good guy, and I wouldn't expect him to have a long line. I've talked to him a couple of times at games, he is a very nice guy.
  7. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 11:24 AM) Al Queda is not "Spreading Islam". That might be their long term objective - but short term, they'll call themselves anything to disrupt "other interests". Its not a goal specific to Al Qaeda, but it is a goal specific to some sects of Islam, and I am pretty sure most of the people who belong to Al Qaeda belong to the section of Islam that believes it is the duty of Muslims to install Islamic governments everywhere.
  8. QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 10:53 AM) What makes you think they want to? They don't want to, but they will. If they have a problem with Falong Gong demonstrators, I doubt they would take kindly to people whose entire objective is to install Islamic Regimes where ever they are.
  9. Wow the NOPD strikes again. I have seen articles about the problems and corruption that exsisted there even before Katrina. Then the Hurricane hits and 1/3rd of the officers quit or simply abandon their posts, and then out of who was left there was this. How sad for the people of NO, what a tragedy.
  10. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:45 AM) So is Borchard at about a 6th of the cost. And a nano of the attitude.
  11. QUOTE(bighurt574 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 05:17 PM) It's going to take a lot more than a few mid-tier prospects to get Crawford. The Sox had to give up Carlos Lee to get Podsednik, and Crawford, IMO, is a step above Podsednik. I'm sure the Yankees or Cubs would bid pretty high to get him in CF. Still, if KW somehow pulls it off, this would be the move of a very impressive offseason. His contract at $5-$6 million per for a player of his calibre entering his prime is a steal. You quoted an interesting trade, and left out an important part... The money factor. A lot of times if teams are willing to pick up a chunk of payroll, the will have to give up less in players. That was the case with the Carlos Lee trade, and it is possibility for a Crawford deal.
  12. I know you guys are anxious and all, but it is exciting that the Sox are still this backed up getting back to new season ticket holders. It would be such a shot in the arm if this franchise could make a run at 3 million fans in 06.
  13. QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 09:08 AM) Musically I like Imagine, the message? Meh. I like Kevin Mathew's version of the lyrics more. That is the incredible thing about the song, the message is whatever you need it to be. Its not easy to do that.
  14. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 09:05 AM) Sorry. And you are much more poetic than I am. I found the interview on ABC News today and wanted to share it but felt the need to preface it. Not a problem. I was only 6, 4 days away from 7, but remember it as vividly as you do. That's the only time I ever remember seeing my dad cry. Once they explained to me who it was and in kids terms what had happened, I remember feelng a void, even at that age. My favorite thing to do at that age was for dad to throw on Beatles albums and for me to Sit N Spin myself to exhaustion. It blew my 6 year old mind to think that he was gone for good. I couldn't imagine at 6 why anyone would want to do that to him. Now at 5 days short of 32, I still can't imagine why.
  15. You beat me to it Jim, going a day early on me and all. I had it all planned out. The thread title was going to imagine, and the post was going to be blank... I figured the rest would be easy.
  16. LMAO, you got it all wrong... Its just cold here
  17. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 03:42 PM) Brazelton is actually almost the equal of Borchard as a pitcher. Not a chance. if I had the chance to get a guy with that kind of arm, I would be all over him, especially if it didn't cost too much. A guy like that might just need a change of scenery and a new teacher ala Bobby Jenks. You just don't find arms like that everyday.
  18. On top of it all JP Riccardi got a contract extension through 2010 http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...e2005&fext=.jsp
  19. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 02:43 PM) Unless Uribe just turned 35 or so, why are we worried about who is going to play SS? If he plays at his current level, I am fine keeping Uribe until he wants to leave Chicago or just can't cut it anymore. I see at least 5/6 more productive years out of Juan on the Southside. Or until he starts looking for his 5 year $50 million deal... Scary thing is with this market, he is justified in asking for something close to that, but maybe not quite that high.
  20. Talk about a bad career move... Who wouldn't want to pitch half of their games at Comerica Park? Then again he would be playing for Detroit, so I guess I can understand that
  21. OMG what next? Will Dick Cheney say he thinks we will win in Iraq?
  22. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:33 PM) Contacting members about an auction item they haven't bid on/won is a violation but emailing about feedback? Contacting them is one thing, hounding them is another.
  23. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:25 PM) As a seller I always leave feedback first... I bought something and didn't get it yet (just ended Sunday night and I paid immediately) and the seller is hounding me to leave feedback.. Report his ass to Ebay, that's in violation of their TOS.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.