Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 05:38 PM) Not much for the Cubs. There are a few Bears boards. I've long wondered if there would be interest in opening up other boards specific to the Bears and Bulls. Heck if there is serious interest, there is no reason we can't set up sister boards to this one, right? Something like Bullstalk or Bearstalk or something like that? Starting off it wouldn't be too big, so it wouldn't be expensive to have hosted, and it wouldn't be too hard to throw up the basic format for the board. The hardest part would be putting posters on the board.
  2. QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:59 PM) I think the title of this thread is funny. Definately a "quote" of the month....
  3. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:39 PM) Southsider, It's not cause he's an anti-semite. It's cause he hates black people. Doesn't anyone listen to Kanye West anymore? Seriously... Someone obviously needs to check out this site for some tips... HELP GEORGE END INTERNET ADDICTION!
  4. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:16 PM) Cause I always accidentally bump into the people wearing camo at the mall. "accidently" sure, right... :headshake
  5. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:40 PM) I would say that there's another issue in that thanks to AIDS drugs, that disease is at least under some level of "Control" in this country - it's not growing exponentially any more, and only certain groups, which the media doesn't care about anyway, are really still having problems (see above post). It's a lot harder to get U.S. citizens to care about people dying who aren't citizens of this country. We all know that. Right now the people being slaughtered by this virus are mainly in Africa and Asia. Our government has decided it has other priorities...foreign aid tends to not go over well with the U.S. populace (polls tend to show that significant minorities or even majorities of the people think a huge portion of the U.S. government's money goes to foreign aid, when it's well below 1%), and every time there's talk of forcing drug companies to cut their prices overseas, we're hit with the old "but we need that money to develop new drugs" canard. Actually world wide the declines in infections rates that we were seeing have been reversed and they are back on the rise again. As AIDS has slipped from the front pages, it seems to have slipped out of peoples minds again.
  6. Are the Bruins clearing cap room?
  7. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) The wife did some major chucking this morning....I felt bad for her, but what can I do?? If I went in there we'd both by chucking. She feels nauseous a lot, but it's only the second time she has been sick. I guess there's a little Chaos inside her... hahahaha That should only last through the first trimester...
  8. Nevermind. Forget it.
  9. Pinned, because I agree with Soxy
  10. QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:28 AM) New York Times Link Instead of heading to the Doctors office, I wonder if we could just web cast a session, form a message board to discuss treatment, maybe post some links to addiction recovery sites . . . And then have an extended discussion thread about how this is George Bush's fault for underfunding internet addiction research because he is an anti-semite.
  11. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:27 AM) For some reason, the GTA thing looks cheesy to me. But there's a lot of you that like it. I love the GTA franchise. I don't have the last one, but I have had almost all of the rest of them, and as long as you don't mind the obvious attention getting brutality, its kinda fun.
  12. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:29 AM) Let's see. All people from Fort Wayne, Indiana are dolts. All dolts are from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Therefore, it's a dolt's birthday! Happy Birthday! ^^^^ Everybody sing... It's a Hoosier thing!!! Happy Birthday Zach
  13. QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:14 PM) Yes but I am saying Kenny would've never done it even if he didn't get hurt. At least IMHO. If Frank had been healthy, there would have been no need for Jim Thome, and none of this would matter.
  14. QUOTE(joeynach @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 06:47 PM) In 2003 i think we started at $58 mil then added due to the everett and alomar trades. 2003 was more like $51 million. The Everett and Alomar trades didn't add payroll, we got money from their respective teams inexchange for prospects esentially.
  15. Interesting quote out of the TSN version of the story... I wonder who the 6 teams are?
  16. QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 03:54 PM) I am trying to do a paper on the NBA and the dress code. I am having trouble finding information on Jason Williams and his troubles. Did he shoot someone? Did he get murdered? Also, if anyone has links to articles about NBA players being arrested/fined for possession or usage of drugs, please tell me. Thanks. Your first problem might be that his first name is Jayson.
  17. If we are talking about oddball stuff, two of my favorite snacks are peeled apples with salt, and peeled raw potatoes.
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 03:49 PM) Crede - $2 million SJ - $3.5 million You got a new side gig as an agent?.. I can see it now, more feared than Boras, tougher than Rosenhaus, Its STEFF! MLB GMS--> Steff's clients--> MLB fans ---> "That b****"
  19. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 03:17 PM) If they aren't at exactly the $85M mark, they're awfully close. Just looking at Thome's figure and some of the others, I don't know if $85M is a certainty. Either way, I'm in stunned disbelief. I never thought I'd see the payroll after winning the World Series rise to $85M. You should have just listened to me the first time I posted it, and explained the history of exactly why it would happen
  20. QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:55 PM) I wonder if the fans will opt for the Upper Deck seats OR just stay at home if all Lower Level tickets are sold out? I know a lot of people who didn't go to a game last year because only Upper Deck tickets were available, and they just ended up staying at home and watching the game on tv. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If the team is good again, they will come Ray. Yes, they will come.
  21. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:05 AM) ok, since this place is called SEX, LIES and POLITICS...and politics has its own thread now... BRING ON THE WOMEN....and I guess men. Are you even allow to post in this thread???
  22. Thank You Frank Thomas, World Champion
  23. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:23 PM) The Score is asking if Konerko/Thome will be the best back to back (in the line up) Sox players ever. Thomas/Belle>Konerko/Thome, but not by much IMO.
  24. QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:08 PM) 65/5? We overpaid. No way is Konerko worth $13 million a year, objectively. But with the money bins that medicore relief pitchers arae building today, in the context of the inflated FA market this year we may have actually underpaid. Back under your rock with you
  25. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:34 PM) hehe... southsider and kap showered together.... Dude, you're the one who took the pictures

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.