Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. For those who have kids and have breastfed... Did your babies lose weight in the first few days before the moms milk came in? Madison lost 12 ounces, but there hasn't been any milk yet, only colostrum, which is normal. they want us to supliment, but she doesn't want nipple confusion. Any other stories out there?
  2. QUOTE(salty99 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 04:01 PM) Where else can I find that monopoly game, I haven't seen it anywhere!??!??! I found them on Ebay.
  3. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 03:17 PM) Last year we did basically have 2 backup outfielders...Everett and Timo, both of whom may be gone next year, so I wouldn't say for certain that we don't have a spot open on the 25 man roster...a lot of that may depend on what happens with Thomas and Konerko. I agree with you though, the chances are 95% he's gone at the end of spring training. I can't see keeping a guy with a long swing and not much speed on the bench as a 4th or 5th OFer under Ozzies system. He values versatilty, and guys who can make an instant contribution only playing once or twice a week. I just don't see Borchard being that guy, and i don't believe the Sox do either. Really its too bad as Borch has done everything the Sox have asked him for, he has never complained, and he has a great work ethic. Chicago just isn't the right place at the right time for Joe.
  4. QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 03:32 PM) the hat has "character" absolutely. I'd wear it everyday if I thought it would last forever.
  5. QUOTE(rangercal @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 03:02 PM) People who should participate are: Deploderer ,Goldmember, Mr showtime,Knightni ,kalapse,soxfan1 ,wsox08,Chimpy,steve9347, heads22 their are a few others. There are about 4 names on that list that belong in one contest, and everyone else needs to have their own contest...
  6. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    This is an intersting take on the WMDs controversy. I am going to copy the post, and leave the link if people want to read it in its orginal form, emphasis included. ( do think it is more interesting in its original form) http://www.northwestindiana.com/discussion...topic.php?t=443 I am curious what others think about this.
  7. I think I am about to retire my lucky hat. I wore it for the day I was married, the Sox won the World Series, and my baby was born. It is falling apart now with the stitching coming up on the bill, and it is a dirty, dirty shade of brown.
  8. http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20051108/sc_...teriousmoneypit
  9. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:34 PM) Borchard has always been an enigma in my eyes. Every time he comes up to the big leagues, suddenly his bat totally disappears for anything other than an occasional home run. He winds up hitting like .150 or something ridiculous like that. Then he's sent down to the minors, where he struggles for 2 months. He then finds his swing and winds up hitting like .260 with a ton of home runs, but still a lot of strikeouts. He then comes back up, and the cycle repeats. I don't want to lose the guy, but he still needs to prove to me that he can hit big league pitching, and he hasn't done that. borchard is done with the Sox. I have no doubt about. We just don't have the time or the roster spot to wait on him anymore. He might very well "get it" with the next team or he might not. All I know is Brian Anderson has passed him on the depth charts, and there are exactly zero openings for starting OFs as of right now. Borch will not be on the 40 man roster next year.
  10. I am glad to see Colon got it over Mariano.
  11. So out of the high ranked teams who is the pretender, and who out of the unranked teams, comes out of no where to surprise people???
  12. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:43 PM) Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee you'll never be able to get you Dickens Cider any more. There is a 2 CD Mr. Obvious compilation due out. When you get it, burn it for me. No hot Dickens Cider? : yeah just as soon as I get the Beatles CDs
  13. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:36 PM) The FCC asshats have hurt Bob and Tom more than anybody, including Stern. While Howard has used the crackdown as a rallying point, Bob and Tom just grumble and have to shelf 75% of their comedy music back catalog because they'll get fined if they play it. The show is brilliant compared to anything else in that time slot, especially their producer Dean who is amazingly talanted. It makes even vintage Brandmeier seem really amateaurish. Tthey also know that the same five personalities are going to get boring to even the biggest fans after a while, so they have a rotating stable of guest comics that keep the show very fresh. Here's one of the lost gems that the FCC won't let them play anymore. Done to the tune of the Beach Boys 'Kokomo'. . . I LOVE the Mr Obvious show and the Love Brothers. I will have to admit that I have listen to B&T much in the last few years, and if the FCC is taking stuff off of the play list, the show could very well be suffering because of it. If that is true, it is a damned shame.
  14. QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:54 PM) Fat Tuesday of course.... QOTM material right there
  15. From Watchtower41 in the Joe Crede Day thread... QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) When in Bobby Jenks Day? Fat Tuesday of course....
  16. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:15 PM) I'll admit, it sure wouldn't seem like a bad idea if we had any confidence he would be healthy. Thanks to his injury and Ryan Howard, he's clearly undervalued. Here's a fun thought although it's not worth 2 roster spots...a platoon of Thome and Thomas at DH. I keep seeing people mentioning a Frank Thomas platoon, and you hit it right on the head. Ozzie would NEVER keep a guy on the bench who didn't have a postition to play defense at. Heck he didn't want Ross Gload who could only play first base. The only way Frank Thomas is back is as the starter.
  17. Jim Thome would be the #1 target for me if I was KW, and could get the Phillies to pick up a good chunk of that contract. Even if Konerko comes back, I would go after Thome for the 3 hole.
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:59 PM) I don't even know what "Bob and Tom" is... They are the morning show for Q95 FM out of Indy. They have been voted morning show of the year many times over their time on the air. They are in syndication around the country, but never could catch on the in Chicago market in the couple of times they tried it. Here is their website, I think they stream their show on line, try giving them a listen. http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/index.htm
  19. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:27 PM) You're not supposed to lose your starting job to an injury. However, what is it now, like 3 injuries in 3 years or something like that for Grossman? This team should stick with what's gotten it to 5-3 until it stops working. Heck it is hard to call a guy with 6 starts in 3 years "the starter".
  20. southsider2k5 replied to Balta1701's topic in SLaM
  21. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:41 PM) Listen to NPR until 9am and then switch over to Bob and Tom. \ I have never heard anyone that touches Bob and Tom.
  22. QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) We need this as a Soxtalk policy! Damn I would have been banned years ago
  23. I absolutely hate the feel of a brandnew baseball cap. It doesn't fit right, and it makes me look like a bandwagon fan, especially now. But I had to have the Sox hat with the World Series patch on it. Damn I can't wait for softball season so that I can sweat in it, and break it in.
  24. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:34 AM) The Flying Spaghetti Monster is happy. So this means global warming should start to ebb, right?
  25. Bull has a few things working for him The number one thing is that he is left-handed. Number two is that he has been able to work in every concievable role as a pitcher in the minors and do it well. Number three is that Bull has put up solid numbers at every stop in the minors, barring last year when he was gutting it out and pitching over a major injury. (even then his numbers were OK after returning early from his injury) The final thing in my head is that guys like Bull tend to have their chances align and get a shot. From his numbers and talent, it is obvious to me that he is going to be pitching at AAA, unless he has lagging problems from his injuries. When you are at that level of the minors, and if you get off to a start that catches some peoples eyes, you can get a shot. Once you get a call up, its all up to you from there. I get the feeling he gets a shot. Maybe not with the White Sox, but then again, who knows.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.