Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Your Personal W-L Record
I'd be willing to bet that gets skewed by the people who only go to a few games a year, which are the higher attended games, which tend to be against the teams with better records... meaning more losses. Nice work thought TLAK
-
Happy Birthday to You'se
Do you like like your presents? AL Central title, AL home field advantage??
-
Tonight's starting Lineup
So much for Ozzie owing to the Yankees and Red Sox to field a competative team LMAO.
-
Soxfest Fan Convention
Go. And if you are 21+ stay at the hotel and hang out at the bar at night. Good times...
-
YOU MAKE THE CALL!
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 01:53 PM) I didn't switch my identity. Someone else switched it for me after I made a comment saying that I thought about legally changing my real name to Rex Kickass. I could keep either name. So I put it to you, the electorate. I also don't like the way that Rex refuses to take personal responsibility for himself. He always has to blame someone else for stuff. Wino never did that... :headshake
-
YOU MAKE THE CALL!
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 02:07 PM) I heard about that. Something about a cuddling-induced rage...... Now Wino on the other hand is Mr All-America. He buys his friends beers, volunteers to feed the poor.
-
YOU MAKE THE CALL!
Someone told me that Rex is a [gasp] communist and he HATES America... Plus he kicks puppies... CUTE puppies.
-
Smoking ban in Chicago coming soon!!
MY problem is for the employees. What obligation the employer have to protect its workers if it promotes an enviornment that isn't healthy? Any plants where you are surrounded by hazardous materials, OSHA requires that reasonable protections be in place. For example a nuclear power plant can't just send someone into the reactor core without a protective suit, a steal mill has to give breathing mechanisms to people who work in areas where coal dust is prevelent... etc. Why doesn't OSHA force these kind of institutions protect waiters/resses, bartenders etc, from being exposed to the conditions that cause lung cancer? Easy, they are on the lowest end of the pay scale, and don't have union protection to fight for them. There is no reason that these people don't deserve the same clean work enviornment as anyone else.
-
Sox song?
Steam- "Kiss him goodbye"
-
Classy Frank...
The interesting thing that I heard was that they still want Frank to have his ankle elevated to prevent swelling, and that is why he wasn't traveling with the team.
-
Game 1 starter: Jose Contreras
QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:00 PM) You can "count" on him come on.... thats just priceless... just like me. Don't give up your day job... AND GO WRITE SOME NEW PORKCHOP! BTW a random thought... How much fun would Bartolo vs Jose be in game one?
-
Little Help-Playoff Times
They won't know times and dates until all of the teams are set. In other words we probably won't know until Sunday, maybe even Monday or Tuesday... worst case scenario.
-
YOU MAKE THE CALL!
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 09:04 AM) That should be post of the month material, but 75% of the people wouldn't get it. Call it a joke for the 25% then
-
A Tale of Two Countries . . .
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:36 AM) All hail the great state of TEXAS! Does the Chronicle still publish it's annual piece on that group that still considers TEXAS to be an indie? I was living in Houston years back when a storm far worse than Katrina slammed into Galveston. The city was well prepared when it hit. I expected it would be again. Hurricane Alicia, 1983, all though it wasn't nearly as bad as Katrina, it was actually much more in line with Rita. It hit the western end of Galveston Island and the eye actually went over Houston, making landfall with winds around 115-120 mph. I lived in Conroe then. It was wild to say the least.
-
YOU MAKE THE CALL!
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:52 PM) I'm going hiking in Vermont this weekend. You should join me. I smell a love connection
-
What a day!! New Home and a Sox Clinch!!
All I have to say is when is the house warming party?
-
A Tale of Two Countries . . .
The question is, how much of that would have been true if the Hurricanes had been reversed...
-
Today's Sox Win was for you, Dad
I'm a third generation Sox fan because of my Dad and his Dad, it is amazing how something like this can bridge any generation gap, like nothing else quite can. Great story, thanks for sharing
-
11 Priests Removed
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 11:06 PM) God, I love it when I hear men say that. . . You do survivors of sexual assault a HUGE service for speaking up on that. I agree, great post SS71.
-
Bulls reject Curry to Knicks
QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 09:57 PM) Curry's just mad, because he has to prove himself for a second year.... he was banking the could start eating like a monster again and gain all that weight back that he lost. shucks... hes gonna have to wait atleast another year. Listening to people talk about how they haven't seen him play at all, and how he is not playing to protect himself, I'd bet money he has already put on a ton of weight.
-
Congrats to Kenny Williams
If you build it, they will win. Nice job Kenny, nice f***ing job.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX DIVISION WINNER!!!!
OZZIE!!!!
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX DIVISION WINNER!!!!
Crede and Rowand with the stogies posing for pictures
- Congrats to Ozzie
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX DIVISION WINNER!!!!
Its picture time, the boys head back out onto the field for interviews and pics. Also the Sox get to give their fans a thrill.