Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:50 PM) Yeah, we kicked Johan's ass the second time we saw him in a short span last month I hope you aren't comparing Johan Santana to JP Howell.
  2. All right that is plenty. I am going to close this before some of you all end up getting suspended over this stuff.
  3. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:46 PM) Not only that, but had the California National Guard (the people who found him) followed the orders from FEMA...the guy would never have been found. OC Register...Registration Required. The interesting thing to see would be how many people died because groups who weren't following orders and instead were breaking into peoples houses to check on dead bodies, meanwhile having people who needed rescuing die waiting to get it, because they wasted precious time with people who were already dead. But I guess there isn't really a way to quantify that. I would be curious to hear more about why they decided to break into this particular guys house if he gave no real indications of being alive.
  4. QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:34 PM) Not that Howell guy AGAIN! This is the second time around with a short break in between. The Sox will get to Howell this time. They always look much better against a pitcher in this situation.
  5. QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:38 PM) i'm pretty sure i don't think i'm better than anyone.... And I know you aren't better than anyone... ZING!
  6. A man was rescued from his home emaciated and dehydrated after 16 days. Officials were amazed he was still alive. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050914/wl_af...er_050914172358
  7. http://www.nbc5.com/education/4973102/deta...&dpswid=&dppid=
  8. http://www.snopes.com/business/names/domains.asp
  9. QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:47 PM) I go electric. Funny, your wife said the samething
  10. Tom Delay said there is no more fat in the budget left to cut http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050914-120153-3878r.htm
  11. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:41 AM) When I got a lift into the city with my sister the other week, I am still shocked that she hasn't had a speeding ticket since she got her license. And then my Dad got one for being 3KPH over the speed limit (yes that's actually bookable down here), and needless to say he hit the roof and I quote "I will never drive my car to work again, and will catch nothing but public transport"....... Needless to say, that scenario lasted about a couple of days. Whats a "KPH"?
  12. southsider2k5 replied to 3E8's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:37 AM) If you would have said you just saved alot of money on car insurance by switching to Geico, I would have had to hunt you down and kill you. RANCH!!!
  13. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:17 PM) What do you say to an old "friend" whom you haven't spoken with for years because you've become totally different and clashing people? But who is so completely miserable and lonely that you feel really bad for them? On a related note: I need more emotionally repressed/stoic friends (i.e. men). Email her a link to this post
  14. QUOTE(downstairs @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:59 AM) Come on, Ozzie... stop with the Dusty Baker impressions. Sports is not about respect, letting a man down, and all that crap. Its about winning and nothing else. Do you work as hard for a guy you don't respect?
  15. QUOTE(Kristy @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:41 AM) Good!!!!! He's a waste of space. Welcome to Soxtalk
  16. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:51 AM) No one wants 30+ posts a day? The sad thing is that the only reason I started posting is because I was bored at work, and it was all downhill from there. It would actually be nice to have a job where I did something all day, instead of message boards.
  17. Congressman uses National Guard to check on house
  18. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Yeah, it would be different. The thing is I have been trying forever to find someone to hire me to do actual work, and no one wants to.
  19. QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:42 PM) Wake up, Rock. Like I'm criticizing season-ticket holders? I'm criticizing the town of Chicago for not supporting OUR team. Besides, I've been around longer than just about all of you and have supported the Sox for a lot longer, as well. You guys need to lighten up or you will continue to lose people who can contribute to this site. I think you are the one who needs to lighten up. If you keep getting into peoples faces, you aren't going to last long here anyway.
  20. 50 IP or so many days on the active roster (I forget how many exactly)
  21. Such shameless spamwhores.... I AM SO PROUD!!!
  22. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:53 PM) Kudos to Al Lopez' ghost who did break this story correctly after Sunday's game. No media outlet reported Marte had been thrown off the team, not even Bruce Levine. Definately. Thank for the info
  23. This is from whitesox.com, an Ozzie quote
  24. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:44 PM) You would fit in nicely with the media. Take the extra 30 seconds, grab an f'ing dictionary, and use the proper term. /end Actually I was thinking that with the spin you are reading into the medias application you would make a good politician. And really there is no need to get an attitude problem with this. Pull whatever it is, out of your rear, and talk to me when you can act like you want to have an intelligent conversation instead of just screaming at people.
  25. Silly me, I always took refugee to mean one seeking refuge. I don't see racial, religious, or national overtones, until other people imply it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.