Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Happy Birthday Andrew!!!!
  2. QUOTE(chisoxfan14 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 10:02 PM) Go see my Willie play!! Now THERE is a pick up line if I have ever heard one!!!
  3. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 10:14 PM) Lets hope he is opening some eyes right now. ^ He is a different pitcher this year, and I told him that Thursday. He has a presence now that HE believes he belongs here. He didn't have that last year. Also note today that he didn't just pitch to garbage hitters, he went through the 1-2-3-4 of the Angels line up in the 9th. He retired Vlad and Anderson which is no easy task.
  4. So how long until the "Decline" thread makes a reappearence?
  5. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 03:51 PM) If they re-sign Frank in the Offseason, even to a 1 year deal, I will immediately buy a Frank Jersey. That day. In fact, that hour. I just don't want to see him in any other color if I'm going to invest in one. Yes, I know that it will always work, but I still don't like that idea. Buy it anyway. For the most part I am a Frank Thomas critic, but you have to recognize the 15 years he has spent with the team. Plus his jersey will always be in, ala Jordan. DO IT!!!
  6. Konerko has an outside chance at MVP of the AL if he can get a little hotter. Outside of Ortiz/Ramirez who could split votes, there aren't many big number guys out there, especially on the winning teams.
  7. My theory A bad day at the ballpark is better than a bad day anywhere else. GO!!!!
  8. Trust me, there is nothing wrong with anything in this thread. We are looking to avoid the BJs for PT kind of stuff. And really just for cluttering threads sake, if anyone sees a problem with a thread, they can either report the thread with a note as to why, or they can PM any admin they see on-line (well except Gage, he'll just forget about it anyways) and they can adress any concerns. Posting stuff in a thread, just kinda clutters it and takes away from the original intent of the thread Thanks SS
  9. QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 02:56 PM) I wonder if the turnout was high enough for them to even consider doing that again next year? There were over 200 between the two boards, I think they will do it again. If we schedule early this time, we can get a premo night instead of a crappy night against a worse team. Actually this might be a good time to start thinking of idea for things next year. I like the idea of doing the core of the core again, and also playing a softball game, (either by ourselves or vs WSI) in addition to the regularly scheduled tailgates that happen throughout the season. Any other cool ideas for stuff we could do around Sox games??
  10. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 05:07 PM) Quality or Quanity? Eh? Eh? QUOTE(farmteam @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 08:29 AM) Qualnity. Exactly. Now keep me and my short attention span entertained. [shakes fist] ENTERTAIN ME!
  11. QUOTE(TLAK @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 03:26 PM) Check out the mighty 1967 (89-73) White Sox: Player………………………… AB- H-- BA *J.C. Martin……… 252 59 .234 *Tommy McCraw…… 453 107 .236 *Wayne Causey…… 292 66 .226 #Don Buford………… 535 129 .241 Ron Hansen…………… 498 116 .233 Tommie Agee………… 529 124 .234 Ken Berry……………… 485 117 .241 *Pete Ward…………… 467 109 .233 diff = .015 Amazing Can you imagine this board with that team??? Holy s*** this place would have direct links to the suicide hotline.
  12. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 03:22 PM) We're in the suite tonight... glutton for punishment. 3 nights in a row. Hello, My name is Steff and I am an alcoholic... Let's see some ID
  13. Sosa could head to Japan next year.... Hmm I wonder why? http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/between_the_lines.asp
  14. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 03:10 PM) My suicide note would say: Don't rest until you've found the people who did this. Avenge my death!! And I'd try to shoot myself at some really wierd angle just to keep everybody busy for a while. So whose getting to hell on the express line? Express lane? Not a chance, we get to go through the BMV version of getting there for all of this stuff...
  15. I always said that I want Steam "Kiss him good-bye" played at my funeral.
  16. QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:57 PM) I apologize for any outlandish and inebriated remarks made and do not in any way endorse ever consuming large amounts of alcohol in excess. * *This views and opinions expressed by this poster are not endorsed or reflected by Soxtalk.com or their employees. We do in fact encourage and endorse large amounts of alcohol consumption, and all of the results therein. We also encourage the bribery of Soxtalk.com officials by any means necesary, including the shameless purchase of alcohol for the therein mentioned parties. Thank you for your attention.
  17. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:56 PM) Pffttt.. kiss that stroller goodbye. :rolly That's all right, I don't want that crappy $200 thing anyway... Now I did see this kickass $400 model...
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:46 PM) It's in the "core outing" thread over there also. Something like "what a loser..." They didn't suspend you for mentioning Soxtalk at all? Or did you just stick with the loser theme?
  19. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:32 PM) SS2K officially has 35,000 posts. I had to laugh, because two of the people I met for the first time made a specific reference to my post total. I guess my reputation precedes me
  20. QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:30 PM) I love the Tiajuana Brass Maybe you should download "This is How We Do" and "Get Busy" by Sean Paul. Then you can have your own PA system and set up mock Sox games up at your house. You could play it all in the backround while playing MVP 2005.
  21. QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 01:53 PM) over/under for how fast they're on eBay? over/under for what they'll be going for? They are already selling at 2-3X's face value on Ebay.
  22. Is the end of the steroid era starting to reflect in the stat page? In the AL there are only 8 guys hitting over .300, total. No one is hitting over .330 at all. The NL only has 12 guys hitting over .300, with the leader at .343. For a comparision sake in 2004 the NL alone has 19 guys over .300.
  23. The initial sweep for dead bodies is turning up far less than expected. Hopefully this means the estimates of up to 10,000 people turns out to be way to high.
  24. QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 01:01 PM) Does that mean I'll have to pick one side or the other? You must decide, but choose wisely my son.
  25. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 12:26 PM) Just hitting the wire, Brown is being removed from running FEMAs efforts in LA. FEMA press confrence is starting at 12:45pm

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.