Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. My opinion... Sox fans are the biggest fairweather fans that I know of, outside of maybe Cleveland. They don't show up unless we win, and then they all come out of the woodwork. But when you talk to them you know that they are Sox fans, they just won pay to see a loser. As for bandwagon fans, the Sox don't get that many. Pretty much you are either a Sox or Cubs fan, and even the Cubs fans that come down to see us play, still make it clear that they are Cubs fans.
  2. QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 12:15 AM) Timo went 3-for-4. Sorry, haters. And he still didn't get over .230
  3. I have kept just about everyday's Trib from the games the Sox have won, along with ticketstubs. I have kept ticketstubs for years though.
  4. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:39 PM) Oddly enough they had a rest day yesterday and they will get a couple days rest after Sunday. You can rest a starter, but to make wholesale changes to your lineup on the first game of the series doesnt bode well. He is just screwing with you guys who complain about the 3rd game line ups...
  5. QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:17 PM) 33,600+ was the official number. I'd call that drawing well. 100K for the weekend is a solid possibility.
  6. Hey Heads, do you have an overlay for last year that you can add to that?
  7. QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:54 PM) I don't think he could win Indiana. I gotta say, for whatever reason, people from Indiana love this ass-clown. Plus he ideology has really moved off of the lefts platform judging by his statements there... when was the last time you saw a Dem who was glad the US didn't ratify Kyoto? Bayh could actually win Indiana IF he were the top of the Dems ticket.
  8. Take this with a grain of salt as I have hated Evan Bayh since the day he threw a group of us out of the state capital building because he didn't want to answer our questions, but it is very interesting because he crosses some partylines in some of his comments... especially Kyoto. http://www.kentucky.com/mld/mercurynews/ne...ynews_peninsula
  9. Today's column from John Kass of the Trib was excellent as usual. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columni...ll=chi-news-col
  10. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) Maybe...Finally...The Politians will let her rest in peace. The politicians AND the families for that matter.
  11. A big huge welcome to all of our new posters... We have had like 25 sign ups since Wednesday. WOW.
  12. QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:51 PM) "Attack the player, attack the team, DO NOT attack the poster" Exactly. Consider yourself warned.
  13. southsider2k5 replied to 1549's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:45 PM) I would put money on the fact there might be more to the story. ^^^^
  14. QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:27 PM) BTW when it says Black:40 for the sizes im not exactly sure how big that is..is that equivalent to an adult med?? 40 is medium, 44 is large... Unless you are a little guy, I would go with 44.
  15. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 05:04 PM) I'll be at that game, so be sure to tell me if you guys (and gals) are tailgating beforehand. I want to give Mike some Plushie-Lovin! So you'd think we'd all be getting together and not be drinking? Man when they stuffed your plushie head they must have only put stuffing in it... And as for that plushie lovin, you know the bigger and plushier the better meow
  16. QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:20 PM) f***ing stupid thread nobody That wasn't necesary...
  17. southsider2k5 replied to He_Gawn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:17 PM) Isn't that show over yet? It was like 10 years ago... :sleep
  18. QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:17 PM) im look 4 a scotty podsednik jersey adult medium (fairly young kid) but i cant seem to find 1..any help would be great if u could just provde the link thanks fellas and GO SOX Try here and you can have anything you want put on the back of it. https://secure.chicagoproducers.net/grandst...oduct=MAJI6UQI5
  19. Rudy Guiliani ended up being only blocks from the first bombing http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770
  20. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:56 PM) Such a horrible tragedy... No offense to anyone, but could there maybe be an alternate thread for the trashing..?? I agree 100%. Can we keep this to the facts at hand, and well wishes for the people involved? Feel free to make another thread if you would like to do so.
  21. QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:53 PM) Who are going to face in the divisional round? Because we'll have to beat them to come close. If it ended today, the playoffs would be Soxs v Soxs Anaheim v Twins Angels are 3 1/2 games up on Boston for 2nd best record and the Twins are 1 game up on Cleveland for the WC (others include Bal 2 1/2 back, and Yanks 3, Texas 3.5, Tor 4 GB)
  22. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/07/...main/index.html
  23. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:14 PM) And of course Geeks (referring to myself of course) Edited for the truth
  24. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:06 PM) Screw that.. I'm going straight for the top this time.. Kap is OUT! Straight for the top? Are you abdicating the throne? Here is footage of the admins and mods at the last tailgate
  25. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) Isn't it obvious, charter me out again. You still owe me from that whole Vince thing Oh and this time I'd like 1st class I got to first figure out who all is going (boz is gonna see) and I think Mario's going, and does Mike already have tix for Sat, otherwise I'm assuming some of us can all sit together? Oh I get it, another tribal council meeting... Who gets voted off of the island this year? I say either Spiff or Jason.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.