Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) Isn't it obvious, charter me out again. You still owe me from that whole Vince thing Oh and this time I'd like 1st class I got to first figure out who all is going (boz is gonna see) and I think Mario's going, and does Mike already have tix for Sat, otherwise I'm assuming some of us can all sit together? Oh I get it, another tribal council meeting... Who gets voted off of the island this year? I say either Spiff or Jason.
  2. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:56 PM) How's game 7 of the WS, is everyone free? Game 7? It will be over in Chicago after game 2, and we finish the sweep in St Louis.
  3. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:52 PM) You too? Well hell YES!!! Jason, notice he was much more excited when he heard I would be there :finger
  4. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:50 PM) I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sun of that weekend Sounds like I will see you on Saturday This time I am bringing a softball
  5. QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:38 PM) Dude, its totally true, scotty knows that too.....trust me scotty knows we put forth a lot of effort, but he also knows people hate Jeter and the Yankees......he had just a little under 4 million votes in 3 days.....in the original ballot he had just over 1 mil.......so calm down He pretty much said the samething when he saw he was on the final ballot.
  6. Welcome to Soxtalk
  7. Union Jack. We should add this to the smilies list as well, seeing as we have some Brits among us.
  8. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:02 PM) Red Forman...the dad. "Root for the Sox, or you'll wear your ass as a hat" "Go to Sox games, dumbass"
  9. Welcome to Soxtalk
  10. Interesting story about Bibi Netanyahu changing his plans at the last minute... http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...in_explosions_1
  11. Also interesting notes for those who follow the financial markets. The usual things happened in the overnight markets that you would expect after an event of this magnitude, stocks sold off, while gold and crude oil rallied a lot. But as the trading day has gone on, crude has actually gone negative, down as far as $2 a barrel at some points going below $60. Stocks have rallied hard from their lows, and the Dow Jones Index is almost postive for the day. The markets are giving a big fat up yours to these terrorists, its really strange to be honest. I expected panic and being busy, and the markets have been 180 degrees different. Weird.
  12. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:18 AM) I know this, one of the best things about working in downtown Chicago is casual Fridays in the summer. The eye candy is jaw dropping. Thank you, that is all. If there is one great thing about the hot summers, that is it!
  13. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) It means bring your coffee on the train, read the paper and go to work like normal. The color coded system is meaningless cuz nobody cares. Besides, haven't we been at orange for a while now? Perhaps I missed it getting knocked back down to yellow before. To me an event like this only emboldens me. I will NOT change my daily life in order to appease a terrorist. That is exactly what I did after 9-11, and it is exactly what I will do when (not if) something happens here.
  14. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:36 AM) How can this people claim to be acting on a holy war, when they attack defenseless people that have nothing to do with their country and/or oppression? How holy is it to bomb defenseless people who are trying to get to work to feed their own families? For a nation of people who are trying to establish their identity in the civilized world, they ar taking steps back. Only savages and uncivil people would attack people in this way. ACtually from what I understand of Islam, these people are breaking their own rules, just like the Christians who kill in the name of God. The rules for Jihad are incredibly specific, and are very clear in that innocent people are not to be harmed at all, especially women and children. They also specify that both property and nature are not to be harmed either. If anyone has more speifics feel free to add to this, I am going off of memory from stuff I learned after 9-11 so I might be a little fuzzy.
  15. The US just raised the warning level to "orange" for mass transit... whatever the hell that means.
  16. The killer was Steinbrenner offering $1 million to anyone who had played with the Yankees as long as they picked a Yankee hat for the HOF.
  17. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:07 AM) Is it possible at this point for Scotty to have a better life?? Wait until he gets his next contract
  18. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:05 AM) Got my August 5th Sox-Mariners tickets with parking pass yesterday in the mail! Woohoo!!! Now to order 9/24/05 Sox-Twinks tickets!!!! That's our 5th anniversary... Enjoy it for us!!!
  19. Dye looked like he had pretty soft hands on the groundball he fielded over at first base late in the game. The one thing I didn't like was that his eyes didn't watch the ball into the mitt.
  20. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 02:00 AM) I just read about 30 pages of this thread ... and it was most of the most enjoyable Soxtalk reads I've ever had. This thread will definately being going to the archives with the 2005 season in review. This is what Soxtalk is all about..
  21. QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:41 AM) Astros have won 4 straight, Cubs have lost 6 straight, which means Houston is now in second in the Central and 5.5 out of the wild card, with 4 NL East teams ahead of them. W L Pct GB Atlanta 47 37 .560 - Florida 43 39 .524 3 Philadelphia 43 42 .506 4.5 NY Mets 42 42 .500 5 Houston 41 42 .494 5.5 aka... Lidge, Oswalt, and Clemens are going no where.
  22. Happy Birthday Brandon
  23. We orginally were planning a vacation that included a trip to Camden Yards, well then a pregnancy changed all that...
  24. Not a problem Pods, not a problem at all

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.