Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Roster Expansion
QUOTE(mwolfson @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 09:11 AM) Yeah, I thought so... So let's say they call up 4-5 players, who do you guys think they will be. Thanks! Depending on what moves are made during the rest of the season, right now we only have one open spot on the 40 man roster, so basically they all would be guys on there. I think Brian Anderson has his name all over the 40th slot, barring a trade. Also look for guys like Jeff Bajenaru, Jaime Burke, Joe Borchard if he can get going, Arnie Munoz, and Felix Diaz. Don't know how I forgot Brandon McCarthy
-
Bobby Jenks to Chicago??
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 09:09 AM) Are there any rules as far as having Jenks up on the 25-man by the end of the year, 'cause he was a waiver-wire pickup? I always get confused on the waiver stuff... Or, is it that he just needs to be on the 40-man? I am pretty sure he just needs to be on the 40 man roster. I don't think there are any extra requirements for waiver wire adds.
-
Kotex Boy
- Roster Expansion
Welcome to Soxtalk... Sept first is roster expansion and it goes to 40 players, all though they never recall close to that many players, more like 5 or 6 players tops.- seriously, mods I don't get it.
QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 01:16 PM) I will go in the NHL ones sometimes and read it, then post that I could really careless about hockey. I feel I am entitled to my opinion on it. What I don't get, is why waste your time, and the time of people who actually care about it?- Tank Johnson arrested
http://www.nbc5.com/sports/4600645/detail....994&dppid=65172- Willie Harris should be done!
QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:12 PM) "Mr. DePodesta, we have Ken Williams on the line." DePodesta: "What is it Ken? We haven't talked since you tried to trade me Billy Koch for a turkey sandwich." KW: "How about this? Willie Harris and Pablo Ozuna for Yhency Brazoban." DePodesta: "Nice try." KW: "How about you buy me lunch Friday?" DePodesta: "I'll think about it." (I edited in Harris for Perez, the joke is the same, but more accurate to what you were saying) The funny thing is that its the Billy Koch trade that is saving our bullpen right now.- reason for AJ's Power
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 11:54 PM) Meh, whatever I think aj just started wearing the contacts recently. He's hitting below his career average right now and the reason for his power ouburst is U.S. Cellular Field, period. Just check out how many homers he's hit at home this year. I think this is it exactly. 7 of his HRs have been hit at home. And off of the top of my head, just about all of them have been to somewhere between the BP sportsbar and into the visiting bullpen, all of which would have hit the baggie in Minnesota for doubles.- "Mississippi Burning" Suspect to face trial
Wow its interesting to see this and Emmitt Till back in the news after all of this time.- Bobby Jenks to Chicago??
QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 04:05 AM) I could see Jenks getting sent to Charlotte and Baj getting promoted. But, I don't think that Jenks is quite ready for the majors yet. Finally the voice of reason. If Jeff Baj isn't recalled after the numbers he has put up in Charlotte, its a crime... especially if we are talking about calling up Jenks who has proven nothing. With these rumors circulating I take it that Damaso Marte is about to go on the DL.- Willie Harris should be done!
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 08:24 PM) Timo Perez - .212/.268/.571 Willie Harris - .237/.328/.566 Just putting that out there. There would be a market for Harris, and he could probably be a starting 2nd baseman on some teams. Considering he has minor league options left though, we won't be trading him. Willie Harris can bunt, run, and play defense. Timo can um, uh, well, Timo is clutch.- Welcome to the Visitors Clubhouse
QUOTE(Yoda @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:45 PM) Welcome to soxtalk! Glad to see a Marlin fan here. The Marlins are easily one of the best teams in the NL. Two World Series in less than a decade!? Wow. Not to mention that you guys are very underrated. Welcome once again. And you get automatic luv here for taking out the Cubs on the way to the World Series Welcome to Soxtalk- Astros Stadium
I loved Minute Maid when I was down there, especially when compared to Astrodome.- Umpires
QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:52 PM) I thought he was gonna call it a strike but in all reality it was at his ankles. Crede would have swung at it no problem. Honestly I was shocked the Uribe didn't. I definately thought it was close enough to swing at, at very least.- AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!
This was a great all around win for the Sox. Just about everyone contributed to this win. And it was really nice to see the Sox pick up Freddy after a so-so outing.- Umpires
Did anyone else think the ball 4 on the bases loaded walk was probably a strike?- Does your White Sox Fandomaffect you Fantasy Team?
Usually I avoid Sox players, in general, but if all things are equal I will pick a Sox player because I know what I will get from them better on a game to game basis.- Hermanson
QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:29 PM) Timeline: Soxtalk Members 2003- Billy Koch blows save on opening day. Soxtalk Members- " Ah it's only 1 blown save, gove they guy a chance, he'll come through, relax!" 2005- Shingo blows third game of season. Soxtalk Members- "Ah, he's been great, he's Shingo, lay off of him, it's only 1 blown save, give the guy a break, he'll be fine." 2005- Hermy blows great game for Mark Buehrle. Soxtalk members- "He's saved 15 out of 16, it's only one bad night, he's been close to perfect, he's still the best reliever in baseball, he'll be fine." Does anyone else notice a pattern? Sure, you can nitpick with the best of them... We haven't seen much of you lately, but then again we have been winning...- Ozzie Guillen and his tinkering
QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:53 PM) ANyone want to go back on some of the Ozzie defending in this thread after Timo just focked up again in the outfield? Timo and Everett in the outfield together, WIllie playing ahead of Iguchi and thi sis coming off a bad loss yesterday where Burhle was allowed to hit ahead of Frank T and Everett ANd this is all in a NL park where we are one less hitter anyways and with Minny only 4.5 games back now, soon to be 3.5 :fyou Ozzie- Jack McKeon in Trouble
QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:58 PM) Manuel should have gotten the KC job I thought the perfect job for him would have been to succeed Bowa in Philly. He would have been a perfect contrast to that harsh and loud style that Larry liked.- 6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence
It ought to be interesting to see how Freddy responds after working 8 innings in Denver in his last start. Supposedly recovery is the hardest part about pitching about there. That being said, now I will leave the game thread for the negative's.- I hope the Cubs get rained out all weekend
QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 04:35 PM) Strained left big toe for Zambrainless. X-rays will be taken. Hmm I wonder what excuse of this injury they will come up with? Can you hurt a toe surfing the net?- Highest paid MLB player
QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:45 PM) only possible way I see it happening is if the Red Sox, Yankees, Mets and another high revenue/payroll team all set their sights on a #1 starter that hits the FA market, and even then, I only see like a back-loaded last year of that deal being more than A-Rod. I think it would take a rare exception, I'm pretty sure no player who has ever signed a 100m+ contract has won the world series Manny Ramirez has a 6 year $120 million deal.- Best Geico commerical
Aflac Duck>Geico Gecko- Natalee Holloway update..
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:14 AM) Good point in bringing this up.. Sidney is Aruban and is far from dark skined. Until you hear him speak he looks American as any other American's I know. I'm struggling to recall seeing many African American's when I visited there. lol. How about African-Arubans? - Roster Expansion