Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Contreras's periphrals are awesome. His walks are way down, and he is working deep into most games. If he had half of the run support of Garland, Contreras would have 8 or 9 wins too.
  2. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:34 PM) Maybe it's just that he's old now and his skills have diminished? Its hilarious to hear you say that about Griffey, but when it comes to Thomas who is 37 and has suffered 2 season ending injuries in 5 years, you totally block that out as a possibility
  3. QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:16 AM) Chances are, Ozzie would back his old manager over a ballplayer. No Mota. Did Guillen ever deal with Mota? Wasn't Mota traded to the fish last year in the big deal with the Dodgers that included Brad Penny?
  4. I have an idea of what you are talking about, but only from the stories from my dad.
  5. QUOTE(Stocking @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:10 PM) sat in 158 today, leftfield. throw it back chants were loud, god i hate casual fans. I agree 100%. Know your surroundings and ballpark ediquette.
  6. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 09:38 PM) No he's not; That isn't even a fair characterization. Townsend got victimized by a loophole in MLB's negotiating rules that disallowed him from negotiating with Baltimore. He didn't "hold out all year".
  7. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Because I never want to f***ing see you again. Well you've always been a b****, since I can't remember when. And you irritate my brain, and your driving me insane. No I never want to see your f***ing ugly ass again, Tell me why'd you have to be such a b****?
  8. thanks to everyone who sacrificed that day. Reading and watching stuff about Dday is just mind boggling. The amount of work and planning that went into that, and we still managed to surprise them is just incredible.
  9. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 07:00 AM) It is reasonably impossible to *know* with 100% certainty, what motivated someone. For that reason, I am against "hate crime" legislation. I like things that can be proven factually in a court of law. And flip this around, they should be punished *less* if the victim was a good ol' boy like themselves?? Excuse me for being bitter but if a couple of these guys took each other out, they would be doing the rest of us a favor.
  10. For your Birthday I bring you, A SHRUBBERY!!!
  11. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 08:15 PM) The subject is "Greg Walker discusses his 'pull baseball' motto". The article, at least the huge part of it you quote, has nothing to do with Walker's hitting philosophy. It's just some niceties about Oh, yes, I know I could be fired just like anybody etc, which I couldn't care less about. I know you have strong opinions, Jabroni, but don't waste my time by misrepresenting something just so you can hear yourself repeat something even I've heard a million times now. Just fair and balanced reporting there comrade
  12. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 07:21 PM) I still don't think you watched today's game. I hope you wouldn't rather have Everett over Frank as our DH. If you think Everett is a better hitter than Thomas, you are sadly mistaken. And Frank just turned 37. Everett is 34. Is it time for Carl to hang it up as well? That is until Frank runs too fast again...
  13. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 05:39 AM) Ask Metra.. it's got nothing to do with the Sox. I would imagine the cost to Metra isn't worth it. Just by eyeballing that bridge quite a few times while walking under it, it wouldn't be cheap to build a stop there, and I don't know if there would even be room, without taking up valueable season ticketholder parking lots. Plus the bridge doesn't look to be in the best of condition, parts of it are crumbling and/or leaking. In order to put a stop there, I would guess you would have to rebuild that whole train tressel too.
  14. QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:15 PM) he's just been the perfect #2 hitter for us. I almost think we could have Gooch hit 3rd and he'd hit 40 homeruns. or leadoff and he's have a .400 OBP and finish with 70 steals. I totally agree. I never knew that Tadahito had never hit #2 in his life before coming here. In Japan he was a #3 hitter, which is totally different than what he is doing now.
  15. And this is exactly why there should be hate crime legislation. This is a crime that happened soley because the guy was black. If he was white, it never would have happened.
  16. QUOTE(Fotop @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:07 PM) Iguchi will not be the last out of this inning. Book it. Now that is what I am talking about. I love the positive thinking, in the cesspool of negativity
  17. QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:10 PM) Does anyone else actually think we should be playing the Rockies. But that's what interleague does, matches you up with teams like that. I wish they would go back to the Central vs Central type match ups. By and large they are way better than vs the teams outside of your region.
  18. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 03:58 PM) Is he going to be any worse than anyone we have right now? The offense isn't exactly comparable to a 2003 or 2004 offense on its good days. This team depends on pitching, not so much what the offense does. With that being said, I just think Frank's going to be an asset and not a liability to the Sox offense in '05. Any worse than our second most productive RBI man? Runs are hard to come by right now, he had better hit really damned soon if we are going to keep winning. The last thing we can do is sacrifice games right now.
  19. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 03:56 PM) And here comes Mr. Inherited runners scored. Wanna bet he gives up a bases clearing double?
  20. QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:08 PM) Howard Dean is there to raise money. Not to get elected. Him throwing flames like that only helps his base. That is who he plays to. Not moderates and not conservatives. And not to John Edwards http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050605/ap_on_el_pr/edwards_dean
  21. MB looking good in the first. Gets Martinez to end it. no score after a half inning on the southside.
  22. Its gonna rain there pretty soon, I'd say within 45 minutes or so. http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalWi...v=none&pid=none Click the "animate" feature and watch the storms blow up out of no where. It could get nasty by the time it gets to the ballpark.
  23. QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 01:29 PM) I never said that the agenda was to play Timo more than Frank....it's a complete different situation. There's no way someone can convince me that Timo deserves to be on the team more than Willie Harris right now. It just doesn't make sense. I would predict that every other team in the majors would send down Timo instead of Willie in a similar situation. Then was does that mean exactly? If you value a player more than another, wouldn't you be playin them everyday? And what does Willie Harris have to do with Ozzie valuing Timo over Frank???
  24. The Rush rank with the WNBA as far as I am concerned.
  25. QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 01:23 PM) Who cares if Ozzie is benching a guy on pace for 100 RBIs....it's the same player who had been just god awful against right handed pitching for the last two months. If you can't tell that Ozzie has an agenda to keep Timo on the team when he's the obvious person that should be released....you're being a little naive (and no, I'm not talking about Ozzie and Timo's mythical affair). You would think if he was picking Timo over Frank, Timo would be in the starting line up everyday, and he wouldn't be benching Carl Everett for Frank Thomas. You might need a tinfoil hat to go with that theory.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.