Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    12+12+1973=1997 1+9+9+7=26 2+6=8 What can I say, someone has to clean up after Jason.
  2. The Most Beautiful Girl In The World - Charlie Rich :puke
  3. I am curious what age this kid is, and any guesses at projecting his draft position? He sounds like a 2nd round pick to me.
  4. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 10:50 PM) Max, sign and trade. This is exactly what I am hoping for. Give me a PF who can score and a tall SG who can defend and I do the deal in a milisecond.
  5. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 07:06 AM) Never fails here........ Someone should really start a list of all the "sucks" or "hates" or "blows" threads over the season. Im sure we would have no one to root for by July........ And it is usually the same people who do all of the complaining, which tells me all I need to know about the thread. Some people you just don't pay any attention to, because all they do is complain.
  6. This never stops being funny. Why don't we go after Sammy for RF as long as we are looking for overpaid, overrated athletes on the downside of their careers which we are trying to use to replace players after a whole 9 games
  7. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:09 PM) Paulie with a three run bomb to RF. Nice GMTA
  8. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:09 PM) whoa, how'd we tie up the score? Comacst talking about Curry now. PK 3 run bomb to RF
  9. QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 06:32 PM) haha well thanks guys Try Ebay
  10. He has done nothing but impress me. He has good instincts and plays hard.
  11. Paypal must have cut the guy off. If you click the link on there, its saids they aren't accepting donations anymore.
  12. Anyone else have any good Sox blogs, or Sox sites that I missed???
  13. If Brandon turns into a legit #2/3 starter, I doubt anyone here will have a problem with that. If he ends up like Brad Radke, I will be thrilled to death, as we are talking about a guy who settled for $8 mil a year last year. But really, it seem like BMac has a lot of Mark B in him. Nothing about his pitches blows you away, but at the sametime the hitters always end up walking back to the dugout trying to figure out what just happened.
  14. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:25 PM) Jabroni Post Total: 2254 Joined On: December 22 AddisonStSox Post Total: 2221 Joined On: October 4 Let's try for the sweep. Southsider2k5 Post Total: 29,088 Joined On: March 26, 2003
  15. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 02:08 PM) One of the most valuable lessons I learned as a kid is: you never know who you're f***in' with. Seems like some parents need to a better job of communicating that to their kids. Forget all the, 'well Billy it's not nice, or you might hurt people's feelings' crap. Go with, 'don't f*** with people cuz sometimes they snap and go ape s***.' ^^^^^^ Exactly. To be quite honest, I don't mess with people I don't know. Maybe it was because I never really wanted my ass kicked or something, but I never picked on people I didn't know. You just don't know who you are dealing with. I think it is a valuable lesson to pass on.
  16. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:47 PM) Constant teasing is one thing, but this is ONE TIME. Not at all the same. I have a hard time believing that this was just a one time thing. Either that or the boy had big problems before. Heck they can find people to stand up and say how great serial killers are, I don't think they would have a hard time finding people to say that this was isolated or that this boy was normal. You just don't kill someone with a baseball bat over somthing like this, with no prior provocation or problems. One of the sides stories doesn't add up.
  17. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:40 PM) Are you joking? These are kids -- teasing is never, ever going to go away. This is horrible, but noone except the attacker can be blamed for this. Look at the big picture. Its become a pattern in our society that we keep ignoring. The kid who shot up the schools on the Indian Reservation, the kids at Columbine etc, they were all teased, beat up, bullied, etc. There is no excuse for what the kid did, but there is a reason. Ignoring the reason, just means that it is going to keep happening. If that doesn't bother you, fine.
  18. Again the kid is getting picked on. When will people learn that you have got to be careful how you treat people? Not that the antagonist deserved this, but still, this stuff is avoidable.
  19. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:24 PM) Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I guess that 3 million after tax doesnt seem like that much. Besides, according to Baseballreference.com Carl has made almost 38 million dollars for his career before this year. I think he'll be OK retiring 30 years before I do.
  20. QUOTE(Randar68 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:17 PM) I like Gio, but he is a cocky kid. Definitely a different air about him and his attitude than guys like Valido, Ryan Rodriguez, Chris Young, etc etc... I'd say it was confidence, but it is more than that, IMO. Jon Rauch-esque?
  21. Wow. The Bulls will be a first round and done now for sure. Get well soon Eddy.
  22. QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 12:04 PM) on the same token though, you have to expect the pitching to cool down too I would have to say that the offense has been more bad, than the pitching has been good. I think the pitching will regress a little, but really as a whole the pitching is so solid, I don't think it has far to fall. The team ERA is about 3.65 last I looked, and I could see this team being in the 4-4.20 era range for the year.
  23. QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) yeah thats true, when you think about it, nobody has really been hot...carl maybe, but even if pods or someone hits .244 like he did last year, he will still go into streaks where you cant get him out for 3-4 games, and we havent really seen that from anyone yet, so hopefully those times will come, especially when we start to see guys like elarton and the detroit and KC pitching They will come. Oh yes Ray, they will come.
  24. Anybody bored with the game and about to trade it in? If so send me a PM, I might be interested in buying it.
  25. QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 12:02 PM) :rolly

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.