Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6847012/
  2. QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 09:36 PM) Tiger looked good today. Not 1999-2000 good but maybe 2002 good. Good to see local product Luke Donald giving Tiger a run for his money.
  3. QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 09:36 AM) Now the job is restocking the minors. All the minor-leaguers thrown into deals has drained the system a bit. IF the Iguchi move is true, KW absolutely gets an A from me. Like you said, he addressed all needs, bolstered the bullpen and did it within budget. Meanwhile, Billy Beane was selling off his rotation.... After the hatchetjob that KW got in Beane's book, you know that has to be in the back of Billy's mind...
  4. QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 07:41 PM) I guess it could go either way for #1 defensively. I was thinking of it like if the bulls played the spurs, going by the stats, the spurs would win 91-86. PPG is very subjective. As was pointed out, that could be altered by great defensive rebounding, not allowing second chances, or it could be something not at all a result of the defense, and that is how long the offense holds the ball. A team that works the shot clock into the red everytime they have the ball is going to compress the game, and create a lot less posessions, which means a lot less chances to score.
  5. I think this was the best off season in years. The Sox totally remade this team in a short period of time, without cutting payroll, while simultaniously getting all of their holes filled.
  6. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    I don't remember if anyone mentioned it or not, but I saw " I Robot" over the weekend and loved it. Isaac Asimov was an incredible writer... BTW has anyone heard of plans to make the foundation trilogy into a movie?
  7. QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 07:40 PM) Mark is gonna pitch over 200 inning this year...he has so much smooth innings and rarely has one of those innings that he's out there for half hour milking the cow.. You forget that he's thrown maybe 115 pitches in a game cause he does it seems with out effort..batters foul alot of pitches of him sometimes...but I don't see thinks changing..Ozzie is gonna leave him out there as long as he's doing good and not bases on pitch count. Ozzie did make it a point to say that he is going to decreases Marks inning to about 200 total. He feels great about this bullpen, and as long as they preform, he plans on giving all of his starters less innings.
  8. Excellent work Goldy
  9. Can I get a translation for the translation? Any other verification out there????
  10. QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 05:22 PM) 47 wins they will have the 3rd to fifth seed. That is how bad the easteren conference is. I can almost guarentee it won't be the 3rd seed. That will go to the division champ with the lowest amount of wins between the 3 divisional winners. That almost for sure will be the Atlantic winner.
  11. QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 05:48 PM) Is he on the 40 man roster? Will we have to send him through waivers to get him to AAA? He is on the 40 man roster, I don't know about the second part though... I don't know how many options he has left or how that works.
  12. They should have just used something catchy like "3 time defending division champs."
  13. Boy are some people in shock when they hit college...
  14. Just curious if anyone can do this... I would like a sig with Shingo and Buehrle with the heading the Alpha and the Omega. It would be really cool if someone could get ahold of the greek characters for them, but it isn't necesary. Thanks in advance...
  15. They can make the playoffs no doubt. They can even move up the ladder I think. The key is their balance and conditioning. They have a lot of guys who have never played a full NBA season playing in key positions. Now these guys are going to start hitting the wall potentially. Hopefully Skiles has these guys in shape for 82 games. I have been happy to see how Skiles has kept his rotations deep and doesn't have too many guys playing tons of minutes, instead rotation lots of guys for a decent amount of minutes. Plus the D these guys play is just awesome. They fly around the floor and don't let you have an uncontested shot.
  16. Hmm I wonder if TO will be ready for the Super Bowl?
  17. Jaques Jones was a good CF before Hunter got to the bigs. It just happens that Hunter is a gold glover. I don't see why with 6 weeks in spring training Jones couldn't go back to CF.
  18. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 11:10 AM) Hate to break it to you but KD is Triple A fodder. He has sucked at the minor league level for his entire career... http://www.sports-wired.com/players/profile.asp?Name=HGF Drans seemed like a nice enough kid and a hard worker, but I gotta say he has career minor leaguer written all over him.
  19. southsider2k5 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    Everytime you see a search engine as a visitor, that means a search engine is showing our sight to someone doing a search. Ever since we upgraded to 2.0 we have almost 2500 hits from Google alone.
  20. QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 02:24 PM) you just like seeing him in that french maid outfit, oulala... In other Soxtalk news... Goldmember becomes the shortest serving mod in Soxtalk history...
  21. RIP Johnny
  22. QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 02:30 PM) Ok, let's hear it, what would you buy with 1.4 quadrillion dollars? I think I'd start with something small... ..maybe Canada. Who is Canada's agent, Scott Borass? They aren't worth more than 1 quardrillion
  23. QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 12:08 AM) my buddy just said the Cubs have signed Magglio. Is this true, or is he bulls***ting? Considering he just canceled another workout, I am going to have to say BS.
  24. QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 08:23 AM) I'd think Jamie is vying for that last spot. You don't bring Burke to soxfest and let him go to AAA Charlotte. Just my opinion because he stayed on the team longer than Borchard the other day. They have brought minor leaguers to Soxfest for years. There is no way they put Burke on waivers to bring him back again in 3 months.
  25. QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 07:56 PM) just wondering if you had a chance to send my wristband yet. Depends on who you are. Two people sent money without letting me know their screen names.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.