Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Renteria to BoSox 4 years, $40m
Those are his words, not mine. If he had said something to the effect of playing for the world champions, that would have been one thing. But he directly linked money to respect.
-
I guess it was time for Carlos to move on
Welcome in to Soxtalk!!!!
-
Sides for Christmas Eve dinner?
My suggestion would be for me to get an invite mmmmmmmmmm
-
Renteria to BoSox 4 years, $40m
"It (Boston's offer) was more generous.They were more interested in my playing for them." That line saids it all. The fact that those two sentances were connected tells me everything I need to know about Renteria.
-
Congrats SoxTalk
Another interesting number from Monday is that Soxtalk registered just over 697,000 hits during that 24 hour period.
-
Wedding Bliss
"It was a big mistake." Thanks Mr Obvious, you're a lifesaver!
-
Judge suspended in LA
Or say something that is actually funny?
-
Judge suspended in LA
What's that sound you ask? Why its the sound of appeals being filed.
-
How would you rate the offseason so far?
Thanks Soxy... and you know what that means :finger Critic
-
Hitter or Pitcher
Right now there is the small chance they could get something for him. They won't release him until the deadline for just that reason.
-
I guess it was time for Carlos to move on
If he is respected, it makes it much easier for him to be in the postition to do this kind of stuff.... Meh, agree to disagree over this one. I just don't like it, and it makes me lose respect for the writer.
-
I guess it was time for Carlos to move on
Well if the stories about Cowley getting leaks from the Sox are true, he might not be their PR dept, but he is their media whore.
-
I guess it was time for Carlos to move on
I swear that is out of context. That just wreaks of thick sarcasm, or someone asking a stupid question after a bad loss, or something like that. I just can't picture anyone outside of San Fransico seriously answering a question with a statement like that.
-
Remaining of the offseason
Welcome to Soxtalk
-
How would you rate the offseason so far?
SAM I AM!!!!
-
Why isn't anyone calling him Podzilla!?!??!
That was Scott Fletcher...
-
I guess it was time for Carlos to move on
You just stole my question Dick. Is he afraid to upset the players? Or did he finally get the chance to even a score? Don't get me wrong at all. I don't doubt this stuff at all. Many, many people had the same feelings about Carlos being lazy and selfish, and it showed on the field. The timing of it bothers me. The whole article wreaks of having an ulterior motive, and I don't like that.
- YASNY and DBAHO
-
2004-2005 High School Basketball Thread!
From the Trib, an interesting write up on Greg Oden, the prep phenom from Lawrence North HS in Indianapolis.
-
I guess it was time for Carlos to move on
No doubt there is an anti-Kotex sentiment here, but IMO with good reason. Within short periods of time, he will take seemingly contradictary opinions, basically just to sell papers and get ratings. I have no respect for any "journalist" who falls in this category. Consequentally, I don't really listen to much the guys saids anymore. Cowley is a different story. He is a decent sportswriter who goes to games and understands the dynamics of a ballclub. That's why an article like this upsets me all of the more. It really didn't need to be done, and it comes off as petty and vindictive.
-
Hitter or Pitcher
No doubt they need another starting pitcher...
-
How would you rate the offseason so far?
I can't remember what classic book it comes from, but this quote is exactly what I am thinking. "And miles to go before I sleep..."
-
I guess it was time for Carlos to move on
Honestly I think Cowley writing this article pisses me off more, because he is basically a legitimate sportswriter when compared to Kotex-boy. Cowley sounds bitter, like he has a personal problem with Carlos, and this is his revenge. This is pretty low IMO.
-
Pierzynski on waivers
Welcome to Soxtalk! Anyway on Przy. Its is intriging to say the least, but I would have to pass. The Sox have been making a real effort to clean up the clubhouse, and if half the stuff about him is true, we won't even look at the guy.
-
I guess it was time for Carlos to move on
Wow, what a hatchet job. I hate to see it happen, especially since I can almost guarentee that the last quote was taken out of context. Who seriously saids, that they hate everyone? Yeah Carlos had some problems, but this is a bulls*** hatchet job for the most part, that did need to be done. :fyou Cowley