Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/africa/08/30...e.ap/index.html
  2. That is excellent. Thank god he is sticking to the debate
  3. I know this isn't what you were saying Knight, but I do want to make one thing clear. We are not ending negative posting. If you feel this team sucks, feel free to say it. But we don't want to see people called names for their opinions anymore. That is what we are ending.
  4. In light of recent changes and occurances that happened here we have been reviewing the way things happen at Soxtalk. First of respect for other posters seems to be at one of the lowest points since I have been on Soxtalk. Personal attacks happen for seemingly less and less of reasons. After much discussion about this as a group, we feel there are no good reasons for personal attacks on the board. We encourage all debate on topics, and we don't want to ever see that change. That is why we give you all so many more freedoms than your typical message board. But all personal attacks do is make Soxtalk a more hostile enviornment than it has to be, and they serve no useful purpose what-so-ever. We also feel that this new policy in no way will take away from your posting experience here, in fact quite the opposite. We think if people get back to the subjects at hand, instead of personal attacks the discussion and quality of the board will be even better. So now from now on we are asking you guys to stick to the debates at hand. We don't want to see people called names or addressed with terms of derrision, of any sort. That goes from calling someone stupid or an idiot, all of the way up to labeling people with unacceptable terms of hate or stereotypes. As always feel free to offer your opinions to this, whether it be here in public, through PM or emails. Thanks
  5. These reports have been around forever. Basically when they connected Clinton with Chung, they knew who else had taken money, Kerry being one of them. The information about Kerry setting them up in front of the SEC came about a little later.
  6. The one thing I will never understand is how your information is "facts" and how anything that contradicts that is lies? How do you know that you aren't the one being lied too? Apu has his stuff just as sited, if not more than anything you post.
  7. In exchange for arranging meets for Chinese nationals with the SEC. http://www.judicialwatch.org/3800.shtml
  8. And the guy isn't even going to jail. What BS. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040830/D84PIB001.html
  9. I dunno, Pavano just isn't really on my list. I would rather see the Sox give a little less money to Matt Clement vs Carl Pavano. I just get the feeling that Pavano would be a bad fit for the Sox.
  10. I look at Jon Garland and see Kip Wells. Almost all of the same critisisms were laid at Kips feet while he was on the southside. All he needed was that change of scenery to start to realize some of his potential. But the problem is I don't think Jon is going to take that next step while he is in this organization. As GM I would put him up for bid, but I would look for a lot to get him. There are teams that would love to have a guy with Jon's stuff at the middle to back of their rotation. Teams like Boston and New York are going to be looking for pitching in the off season, so the market is out there.
  11. Like I said before, the writing is on the wall... right or wrong, Jon Garland will not be a Chicago White Sox next year.
  12. Yes he can. The deal signed was contingent on the Marlins getting a new stadium deal, which the odds look dismal at best. He can walk away if it doesn't happen. Both sides liked the deal, because it gives the Marlins needed payroll flexibility if they don't get that new revenue source.
  13. That gets me thinking, I wonder when ex-Rockies start become HOF eligible, how much will the perception of playing in Coors hurt their chances?
  14. Robin is probably my all time favorite. A leader by example, he was "Don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit 'em" at its truest. He was a gold glove 3B IMO, and I miss him to this day. He gave the southside some great years, and some unforgettable moments. I will never forget his game winning Grand slam off of Goose Gossage against Texas, amongst other huge Ventura occasions. To Robin
  15. Speaking of Ozzie in yesterday's pregame interview it was interesting to hear him talk about the 3 guys he pushed to bring north out of camp... Adkins, Cotts, and Gload. Not too bad really.
  16. How was gameplay in 2k4? Did they have a dynasty mode?
  17. southsider2k5 replied to southsider2k5's topic in SLaM
    The blog I run for the Pick to Click had invitations before anywhere else I even heard of. That's how I got in.
  18. http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/08/2...y.ap/index.html
  19. I guess you missed the GET ON BASE part
  20. No, which would have made him a complete waste of money this year. Save it for 2005.
  21. The Bears have 8 coaches doing their jobs for the first time. Plus they essentially have a rookie QB, a twice cast off RB, and a WR core held together with duct tape, that just lost their leader. I get the feeling the Bears won't win 5 games this year, or win a couple of their last games to get another pick around 10th. This team scares me, and not in a good way.
  22. I thought he had a major shoulder or elbow surgery before going to the Cubs, and that's why they got him so cheaply?
  23. Exactly, we already have about 5 or 6 Burnitz-esque hitters in our line up. We need guys who can get on base, move over runners, bunt, run bases, etc.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.