Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
White Sox Free Association Game
E6
-
Bye kids...
Damn that game sucked. 40 degrees at gametime, probably 35 for most it. Then it misted and light rained the whole game. At least I punked the hotdog vendor
-
Bye kids...
They don't care about the stadium. Just like here it is all about the product on the field. Ilitch has a fraction of the budget for the Tigers as he does for the Wings. The Wings are the Yankees of the NHL, the Tigers are just now finally starting to sign some players after years of bad teams.
-
Outsourcing
And to add to that question, how much more would you be willing to pay? Would you be willing to pay double for a car that was totally, from beginning to end, produced and made in the USA? How about on regular items? Would you be willing to pay $2000 for a computer again? $500 for a CD player? Seriously, I want to hear back on this. I keep hearing that we need to stop outsourcing, but I have yet to hear some realisitic answers on how to do so.
-
Outsourcing
I appreciate all of the facts and research, but what I am saying is would the impact of a fully US produced product be less than the losses through outsourcing. There are so many factors that would go into this. Gosh just the inflationary spiral alone would be huge. Can you imagine what would happen if the cost of most goods just doubled? And with the factor differential in wages, I think it would be a multiple increase, instead of a doubling. If you had to produce every step of a car in the US, costs would explode. And I do understand what you are saying about record profits, but you realize that is what has lead to record equity prices at the sametime. There is a direct correlation between the two. Plus that is where most people's retirement money is. If we go slashing profits, by increasing costs, we are looking at a huge correction in the stock market, which reminisant of what the NASDAQ did in 2000-2002. That would lead to huge job cuts, both to cut margins to save profits, and to stall production because of purchasing cutbacks due to cost increases that would inevitably be handed on to consumers. My question is where is the balance, and where is the line for the greatest good of all?
-
Two accounts of the same story
http://www.fresnobee.com/24hour/front/stor...p-9064067c.html The AP wire version of the story http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/31/politics...ml?pagewanted=2 Same story, from the NY Times
-
WhiteSox Promo
They also have a ELo bobblehead doll day in a few weeks.
-
Outsourcing
Question for you Apu or anyone else. If we stop outsourcing, how do US companies compete on a world wide market. The cost structure that they would face would be enormous. Espesially when you factor in added costs like SS tax, unemployment taxes, health insurance, pensions etc. I honestly think if a company like Ford built a car COMPLETELY in the US, from the parts being built in the US, all of the way through the labor, steel, assembly, etc, I can't see how a Focus wouldn't cost $50,000 to make. If it were just US markets I could see it happening, but being a world wide economy, is it possible?
-
Our tax dollars at work
That doesn't surprise me at all. I don't know what it is anymore, but the US budget has this huge number, well into the billions that is just for errors. They have no idea where this money is, or went.
-
Bye kids...
And there is a big perception up there that their ownership (Ilitch) only cares about the Red Wings, and could care less about the Tigers.
-
Best Trade
Getting rid of Koch, by far.
-
New specific terror alert
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5569979/
-
Important Stats for Jose Contreras
Yeah but with guys like Don Cooper and Sandy around, those bad habits can be fixed.
-
Article of faith: Sox need some
Right back to that trying to hard thing... RELAX!!!
-
Twins missed out on extra player in deal
Hmmm so KW isn't the only one who screws up stuff like this...
-
Jose Contreras
I don't think we have played them yet, right?
-
Outsourcing
Except for that convient loophole for Heinz....
-
Carl Everett
Well he does live in Valparaiso, IN
-
Victor Zambrano and Scott Schoeneweis
Hmmm I wonder if Ozzie is OldSocks?
-
Robert Person
Cotts is an interesting name. I think this year in the pen will help him in the long run, and he could be the 5th starter next year.
-
With the Bevy of Trades
He started awful. It has been an impressive stretch to get back to where he is now. Stewart could be a viable 5th option, if he is fully healthy again. That circulation problem after the line drive last year really messed him up.
-
Future
Frank is the same as last year, where he has an option at a lower price, if he declines, we can still pick up his option at a higher price.
-
September Call-Ups
If we are in it, we won't see Baj, unless he is just lights out. I think we have learned a lesson about rushing pitchers this year though... I gotta imagine we would see Diaz, Wunsch, and Sanders before we see Jeff.
-
Robert Person
I kinda doubt it as well, espesially since KW made it clear that Diaz was going nowhere at the deadline.
-
Ben Davis
There has to be potential there. They guy was a first round pick. Hopefully this change of scenery will help him realize that potential