Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Pastime has a birthday!
Happy Birthday Past
-
with tears, watching Al Gore
Because it is untrue. That's why is why I call it a lie. And just because it gets repeated a bunch of times doesn't make it true. I get sick of seeing this repeated as fact, when is has been so clearly reputed. How would you handle it if I ran around saying that John Kerry was out to raise taxes on welfare recipiants. And no matter what evidence was posted out there, I kept repeating it. I think I it would get called out for what it was, a lie. This is basic economic theory. Years of spending, tax cuts, war, recession, and everything else under the sun has demonstrated these principles. I tend to believe people like Adam Smith, John Maynard Keynes, and Alan Greenspan when referring to economic policy. Look no further than growth numbers after tax cuts and spending increases to get your evidences. It works. As a matter of a fact what do the two longest periods of economic growth in US history have in common? Different parties were Presidents, and different parties ran Congress. It was the people in charge of the Federal Reserve. The economists.
-
Yay Joe!!!
After seeing Timo and Gload play like little leaguers in RF, I would love to see Borchard play out there everyday. He might not be the best, but he isn't going to turn doubles into triples on a routine basis either.
-
Burke
Didn't we have a catcher in the last 10 years nearly die from a homeplate collision? He had somekind of internal bleeding that they didn't catch at first IIRC???
-
drum role please
Maybe my beginning number is off then. I know we openned this season way over last years payroll number.
-
It's on.
Hmm I wonder where you have been. OH yeah, we have been winning. rolleyeyes.gif
-
Frank or Maggs
Maggs both for the clutch hitting and the consistant play in RF. After watching both Timo and Gload butcher balls in RF ala little league, I really am missing Maggs.
-
Who's going tonight..?
:banghead
-
Who's going tonight..?
Yeah, from Michigan City it usually takes me 45 mintues to an hour to get to Comiskey.
-
drum role please
Once again. Last years payroll was $58 million. This years payroll was $68 million. Then we added $9 million in Freddy Garcia. That is a nearly 20 million increase over last year or about 35%. I think JR openned the pocketbook quite well, and well in excess of gains in attendance which are at about 20%.
-
Gadzooks!!!
We don't get a health club! I mean thats what I hear...
-
Favorite Sci-fi movies
Best Sci-Fi movie ever War of the Worlds
-
Emergency Closes Airport
Any follow up on this? What ended up being the object??
-
with tears, watching Al Gore
One of the reports that Sandy Berger stuffed in his socks and walked out with was a report detailing the operation to get Osama Bin Laden in 1998. Guess who nixed that operation. It wasn't George Bush. And I guess I forget, what were Al's policies to prevent 19 men from flying planes into our buildings? Were they the same ideas that prevented someone from parking a truck bomb in front of an Oaklahoma federal building for the largest act of domestic terrorism in US history? Were they the same ideas that prevented the first attack on the WTC? Were they the same ideas the prevented Ruby Ridge and Waco? Were they the same ideas the saved our boys on the USS Cole, or were they the same ideas that saved our embassies and thousands of natives in Africa? What exact magic wand was going to wave that was going to change all of that??? This is a bold faced lie. I have demonstrated at least a few times that the recession was caused by the Clinton/Gore administration, but I guess I can tell it again. The Bureau of Labor Statistics put the start of the recession at March of 2001. Bush took office about 6 weeks before then. With a basic understanding of the velocity of money, it is economically impossible that any action the Bush admin could have taken would have enough effect on the US economy to cause a recession. This is a fact. The conservate estimate for economic activity to have a measurible effect in the US economy, due to its enormous size is 6 months. Estimates range as high as a year plus for economic activity to have measurible economic effect on the US economy. Also after 9-11 how exactly would Al Gore have cured our economy. Since he wouldn't have cut taxes, because he is opposed to tax cuts for the rich. And he wouldn't have increased spending appreciablly because he opposed to deficits, what is left? The key to the recovery after 9-11 is two fold. One maintaining confidence, and two keeping money flowing through the economy. By neither increasing spending or cutting taxes he would have failed at both of these vital fucntions. And to the second part of that, with no confidence and no one spending money, how exactly are companies to continue operating? The economic effects of Gore's inactions, or even assuming small actions, would have been catastrophic. The multipier effect of consumers wallets closing up would have been dire. Come to think of it you probably are right, we wouldn't have had a recession. According to your posts about Gore would have had a full blown depression. Say what you want about Bush and his social policy. Hell I'll probably agree with most of it. But don't make contradictary assumptions about economy and terrorism. There is plenty of evidence out there on a lot of stuff. I appreciate your passion, but come on. Some of those statements are so chockful of idealism, they need a nutritional label to tell you how much sugarcoating is in them!
-
7/26 vs. Minnesota Twins
And Burke GIDP to end it
-
7/26 vs. Minnesota Twins
Smash by Crede, Koskie can't handle it. Runners at the corners, one out. They give Koskie a rough error.
-
7/26 vs. Minnesota Twins
They just said Joey Cora and wife just had a baby girl today. Congrats to the Cora's
-
7/26 vs. Minnesota Twins
BTW that HR ties Konerko for the AL lead with Manny Ramirez with 27 dingers.
-
7/26 vs. Minnesota Twins
PAULY DOES YARD WORK!!!!! 2-1 Twins
-
7/26 vs. Minnesota Twins
Shannon Stewart is 2-2 without hitting anything hard. I am so glad he is healthy again...
-
7/26 vs. Minnesota Twins
Hey I thought Carlos wasn't playing tonight? What happened???
-
7/26 vs. Minnesota Twins
Nice jump by Willie. Good idea to make him go on first movement. Get this kid some confidence on the bases, and low and behold he ends up on third.
-
Neal Cotts and Mike Jackson
Cotts is a beaten man right now. You can see it in his eyes. Whatever switch that got flipped in his spot start, needs to be fixed, and it isn't happening here. He needs to get fixed, not only for this year, but for the future.
-
Hairston or Brian Roberts
I love watching Brian Roberts steal bases. His technique is practically flawless. If Willie had his technique he would have as many SBs as Carl Crawford.
-
tonight's game a sell-out
The have the 2nd worst ownership group in baseball.