Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Yeah, he has shown nothing. I know Catchers are a crazy rare commodity, but he's one I truly haven't seen a reason to keep around.
  2. I wonder if they could put together an opt out date with a few of these to entice them, but still have a deadline for the player to get called up by? Brett Anderson, Johnny Cueto, JA Happ, and Trevor Cahill are amongst the more interesting names.
  3. https://mobile.twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1509151666574143488
  4. He and Tim Anderson are kindred spirits IMO.
  5. K4K is actually a shit organization that got in trouble legally for their fundraising activities being illegal. Look it up if you are interested, but I would never give them a dime.
  6. One note I didn't see mentioned about Moore, so the rosterniks should love this moving of getting something for a guy before they would lose them.
  7. For those who think Stone is mouthpieceing...
  8. This is my 3/29 OD roster guess. Grandal Cuiffo Collins Abreu Anderson Harrison Moncada Sheets Engel Leury Vaughn Robert Hasley Bummer Burr Cease Crochet Foster Giolito Graveman Hendriks Dallas Kimbrel Kopech ReLopez Lynn Ruiz Velasquez
  9. I listed his 2021 injuries from before which included both Hamstring and groin injuries, which would explain exactly that.
  10. Going to guess this is Andrew Vaughn insurance for today, but Eloy and Robert insurance in the longer run. With a 28 man roster, I am going to guess he breaks camp with the squad just for evaluation and teaching reasons and then we see how it goes.
  11. Ron Kittle is still making bank 40 years later on one fluke season.
  12. We are talking about a minor league reliever here, which is about a half step above cash considerations. Let go of the Pearls.
  13. This is quite literally what we did. We gave up a low level minor league reliever to pick up a left handed OF who can play for us now in a pinch.
  14. If Philly wanted him, they would have. This isn't OOTP.
  15. I think it will be a pitcher. No idea who, but someone like an Anderson Severino, Emilio Vargas, and Cade McClure are all only a stop away from Chicago.
  16. I don't think anyone would conflagrate message board posters with some of the stuff that happens both in those media towns, and with their fans actually IN the ballpark. The Sox are a fairly low stress environment to play in compared to some of the others. The media is generally team owned, and tame. The fans aren't NEARLY as aggressive as some of the other markets. I mean you can find anger if you look for it, but in general, anger isn't coming to look for them.
  17. On the bright side, this seems to be a pretty happy place to play in general. The media is pretty easy going, and the fans aren't awful towards most players. There isn't hte NEw York/Boston/Philly types of external pressures.
  18. Now that looks like a bird that could sacrifice bunt, and peck out the eyes of the 3rd basemen trying to field the bunt. That is what I am talking about.
  19. Sounds suspiciously Cubby yuppie like. We need our southside birds to be more gritty and high in twtw.
  20. This is Chicago. It's either got to a pigeon or a sea gull.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.