Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harry Chappas

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Harry Chappas

  1. I am bored at work so I thought I would waste some space on Soxtalk like I am doing at work. Maurice the beer vendor got a nice tip last night. Not so nice that Maurice won't be at work tonight (mother nature permitting,) but maybe he can Supersize his lunch if he so chooses. All winter and Spring Trining I vowed to not go to a game. Well last night was number 6 (4-2 overall.) Damn bullpen and Javier Vazquez. Blizzard of Oz has got me hooked. I think the overall trades of KW (Uribe, Marte, Olivo (Baggs, whereever you are, he is better than Bradford,) Harris (singleton is out of baseball,) Mr. Zero, etc.) The best though is I think Koch and Cotts for a sandwich pick (if that is what they got,) is a steal. Adkins. Maybe KW isn't that big of an ass. I never really liked Kipper, thought he was a puppy. This team has some passion. I hope they keep it up but it is working for now. I think Oz may use his starteres a little to long but I think the net result is the bullpen is sharp and not overworked. If Koch can turn it on, he will be a draw. He fits the bill of a southsider. Security would be all over him if he was a fan. Why do cub fans feel the need to get into full uniform and go to a Bluejay v. White Sox game???? I think they should not be allowed into the park not becasue they run the risk of being pounded but as A Sox fan I feel the need to risk jail time to help them realize how assine they are. How wound up is Hawk Harrelson, I like it. I think he thought JM was a dofus, I know I did. Watching Telemundo is helping but I still really do not know what Ozzie is saying. Hey god bless him they got fire and are sure fun to watch. Good Day and Go Sox.
  2. We would have lost the last two games and our bullpen would be completly fried last year. This team has a way of turning it on during the game as oppossed to last year when they would wilt like a flower and not be seen for nine innings (i.e. lose to Det twice and San Diego 1-0.) When Ozzie ran, not to waste time, to the mound in the ninth and Koch did the job, that was good to see. He didn't hold up the game or anything. Ran out said this is the guy to get now go get him, BINGO, game over.
  3. Friday I and the three guys I went with bought 16 beers off the vendor, $88 total and gave the guy $100. Sometimes nasty cold weather is a benefit. I never really thought about tipping until I read that the price increase of $0.75 would negativly affect them as they get only $0.01 of that. Now that is crap. I would be interested to see what a vendor pays for a beer. I have sat in LF for the last five years and it is usually the same vendors year after year so ia ssumed that made decent money.
  4. In the next five years the land around Comiskey will be worth more than Wrigley. Walk around the park some time especially south and look at the homes they are putting up. In the late 80's Wrigleyville was terrible. Over the next 10-15 years the South Loop extending down the city will be completly revamped and US Cellular field will be right in the middle of it. Look at the work they are doing to the Ryan in the next few years and all of the land available to develop. It is ten minutes from my seat at work (Michigan and Wacker) to my car and then to the park. People would complain about the price of parking and lack thereof if the stadium was built in the Loop. Not to mention the congestion.
  5. Trib is nowhere near is bad as the Times. I really think the Times hates the Sox or just doesn't care.
  6. Thank you for posting this, I meant to write this up. De Luca is the supposed baseball expert and he thought Loiza was a lefty. That paper is enough to make me sick.
  7. Those are as solid a choice as any especially if they can get Weaver in that rotation and he can have some success. Assuming boras lets him sign
  8. I watched the first inning, I wouldn't say he really got pounded, his laziness was the only major issue. He came in with a 3.05 ERA and pitched against the Royals twice and Yankees, not necessarily lite hitting teams.
  9. Anybody have a copy of moneyball? I did not see Koch pitch last evening, in the paper it didn't go into anything specific. Looking at the dealings with Oakland though I am not sure we were draped in as much fleece as MR. Bean portrays.
  10. Package Reed and Cotts for a top flight starter and run away with the division, that's my two cents. Leave Reed in AAA and let him pile of the stats. I believe in trading guys at their peek, (i.e. Konerko right now.) Although I have never been a GM but I would have signed Vlad over Sheffield.
  11. The hiring of somebody with good media repoire and PR skills is a must. The promotional side of the equation takes care of itself by the team winning. Getting some positive press is what is needed.
  12. Is it safe to mention Kyle Farnsworth in the same breath as Koch yet?
  13. Cliff-Marte-and Jackson are solid enought to win close games Takatsu-Cotts-Adkins appear to be enough to hold a team when the starter fails early or to give one of the above a rest Koch ----------- I think in the long run this will be the biggest rollar coaster ride for the season. The greater concern is the starting pitching but what the hey we are 6-3.
  14. There is a show about Red Sox fan websites and what these sites ae all about. It is very good.
  15. What happened in that inning? I got lost somewhere.
  16. How is Heather's prediction looking for K's by Buerhle?
  17. We haven't won a playoff series in 86 years.
  18. I sat behind the bullpen, 2nd row yesterday and yelled you the man Cliff every time he got up. I like the name Cliff and I am not sure why.
  19. What did Uribe actually do?
  20. Last year was my 1969. Not as dramatic a collapse but to me it still lingers. I will go to my grave saying we had the best team in baseball on paper in September last year no doubt about it.
  21. I might have to question allowing Garland to throw 119 pitches and go 8 innings? Is this true. I think 7 and pulled would have been good. Dusty killed his guys doing this
  22. I am holed up in a crap job, this board is keeping me sane. Thanks.
  23. Thanks for typing this up for me, my thoughts exactly. Harris has never showed anything meriting batting leadoff for a team hoping to make the playoffs. He would look good in a Pirate or Brewer uniform as there are no expectations. Rauch for Spivey or Alomar ASAP. Willie looks horrible at the plate. Against lefties he and Valentin are completly useless.
  24. I think some of the minor leaguers are not streatched out. I do not know the numbers but weren't Rauch and Cotts used out of the pen most of the spring. People talk about being streatched out, I do not think these guys were in the spring and they may be working this in situations. Cotts is a major issue with this as I am not sure he ever went more than 2 or 3 innings. I think he will be sent down next week and get back to starting at AAA. At least this was the reason for not allowing Shoenweis to start for us last year and why Sean Lowe did not start in 2000 playoffs.
  25. He admitted he was very nervous starting for the first time in a couple of years. This is a make or break year for him. Every start will be magnified. An above average year as a starter can earn $3-5M next year for him. A below average year will get him a bullpen spot or non-roster invitee invitation next spring. The longer he lasts the better everyone will be. He also has Cotts waiting for him to screw up.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.