Everything posted by chw42
-
Postseason picture
Marlins gaining ground today is a big win for them.
-
Postseason picture
Marlins can blow this thing open.
-
Postseason picture
Burger got ejected for reacting to an awful strike 3. Probably the quickest ejection I've seen for just reacting to a call.
-
Postseason picture
Marlins threatening top 9. If they win that could be it for the Cubs.
-
Postseason picture
Albies walks it off. My god those are back to back debilitating losses.
-
Postseason picture
Acuna makes it look so easy. Went first pitch to get his 70th stolen base.
-
Official NBA 22-23
But I don't think they used the exception yet, have they?
-
Official NBA 22-23
It can work if we can dump Lonzo's contract as an expiring.
-
Official NBA 22-23
It's gonna cost them a lot more than that. If I'm Portland, I'd want the pick back and Patrick Williams plus whatever salary fillers make the deal workout.
-
Old Sox Drawer: 2023 Edition
I doubt Lucas is coming back here.
-
Padres Thread 2023
I wouldn't mind Bob Melvin as manager...
-
Cubs Thread 2023
Watch the Pirates lay down next week against the Reds and Marlins just to give the Cubs a hard time.
-
Cubs Thread 2023
You'd think the schedule favors them. They play the Rockies this weekend and then the Braves and Brewers next week, who will have nothing to play for and will probably want to setup their playoff rotations (especially the Brewers). Miami has the Brewers, Mets, and Pirates left. Brewers' magic # is 1 now I believe, so they may lay down if the Cubs lose one game this weekend. Reds have the Pirates, Guardians, and Cardinals. Padres have Cardinals, Giants, and Sox, but they're 4 back with 9 to play, so they basically have to go undefeated.
-
Salvy Perez Trade Rumors
I really don't understand why we're trying to replicate the Kansas City Royals. How many games did they win when Perez hit 48 homers? That's not a model you want to replicate.
-
Salvy Perez Trade Rumors
Yoan might actually be good in KC...or any city without a thriving nightlife scene.
-
Salvy Perez Trade Rumors
Sure, replace one cooked catcher with another that's gonna make $42 million over the next 2 years. Just...why? Somehow, Perez has less WAR than Grandal this year with more playing time. That's hard to do.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Probably because Williams just released a statement saying he's resigning due to health and family reasons lmao
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Williams also resigned this morning. https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1704588973765501404?s=46&t=4Jhrvx9TvRfUHd61OGP1VQ
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
https://x.com/BradBiggs/status/1704588396507611340 Bears beat reporters finally weighing in. It's not family or health related.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
It has something to do with children.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
They're actually worse. At least nobody on the Sox coaching staff got raided by the FBI (yet).
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
And soon you might have to pay for it just to see the tweet.
-
It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM
Damn it, I knew I should have put (yet) in my post.
-
It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM
Welp, I guess the silver lining to this is that they didn't hire Dayton Moore.
-
The press conference thread
AKA...nothing will change.