Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Sox Sign Jon Jay; 1 year/$4 mil, Charlie Tilson DFA'd
You’re right that things are getting crowded, but I don’t see Banuelos being the next guy to go. They literally just traded a minor leaguer with some potential (admittedly not a ton) to get him. I also think Covey is pretty safe given he’d be our 5th starter right now. Similar logic applies to Stephens as well. I don’t see Medeiros going anywhere either. The rest of your list makes a lot of sense to me and Cordell just might be the next guy on the chopping block. The only other guy I’d add is possibly Leury (who can easily be traded for something inconsequential) if they decide to go with a three man bench and would like to keep Rondon, who is out of options.
-
Sox Sign Jon Jay; 1 year/$4 mil, Charlie Tilson DFA'd
No, Charlie Tilson is terrible.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
That doesn’t just sound like collusion, that is collusion.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
It all kind of fits together. He’s leaking these fake offers to Manny and gets small real news in return like the Jay signing.
-
One more reason to dislike Trevor Bauer
Isn’t Bauer the guy who crashed his drone into our brand new Jumbotron? If so, fuck that dude.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Sox leaking this to Bobby to keep the Phillies at bay?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
$200M is a joke offer and I refuse to believe it.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I thought about flipping Anderson & Castillo, but figured Timmy should bat higher strictly from a development perspective.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If we somehow landed Machado and Harper I would go: Moncada, 2B Machado, 3B Harper, RF Abreu, DH Jimenez, LF Alonso, 1B Anderson, SS Jay, CF Castillo, C
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Of all the shit out there, I tend to believe this Hector Gomez guy the most. I don’t want to jinx anything, but it really does seem like the Yankees won’t budge off a certain number and the Sox & Phillies are so far ahead that Manny has already ruled New York out effectively.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Nothing to see hear IMO.
-
2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread
Yeah, it really is a great outcome for us.
-
2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread
I think you may be off by 10 years.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I can confirm.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
This is what I like to hear!!
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
No, that was JoeCoolMan aka Chilihead.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Good call! Didn’t even notice that. I just assumed he no longer had any followers because he’s a full of shit Orioles blogger.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Well he’s definitely changing his story, because his original tweet said offers were final and he was going with the Yankees. Yet somehow the Yankees just raised theirs despite already having him in the bag? ?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Now I almost think he’s trolling.
-
Sox Sign Jon Jay; 1 year/$4 mil, Charlie Tilson DFA'd
Which is nothing in the grand scheme of things if it improves our Manny chances in the slightest.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
The Yankees being out (if true) is absolutely huge though.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
We better hope Nightengale is breaking this one then.
-
Sox Sign Jon Jay; 1 year/$4 mil, Charlie Tilson DFA'd
Lol...you just don’t get it sometimes. See he had this thing called “leverage” because the White Sox wanted him for Machado reasons. He probably would have got $3M otherwise because it’s still a weak CF market.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Lol...yes I do!
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I don’t know why, but this made LOL.