Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Offseason Targets
You’d have to ask Harold, but I’m guessing Clevinger based on some of his past posts.
-
Jerry Reinsdorf - time to go? Yay or Nay!
Did you actually just find out about this?
-
Offseason Targets
Well there is reason to believe Portillo’s may have information given their past Tweets on the Bummer extension and Jared Kelley’s bonus. And there is reason to believe the Sox would consider trading Madrigal as they offered him up in a deadline trade this year.
-
Offseason Targets
He thinks Mendick is better than Madrigal so don’t be surprised if that’s his answer.
-
Theo Epstein Resigns; Hoyer Stays
Sure, but Bryant is going to sign a five year below market contract this offseason.
-
Offseason Targets
Look, I don’t disagree. IMO, Bauer should be the priority. Unfortunately, it could be as simple as Reinsdorf not willing to go to a certain year or dollar amount threshold with a pitcher, which takes Bauer out of the equation and forces us to consider guys like Darvish & Lynn via trade. It would dumb, but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me in the least.
-
Offseason Targets
We have no idea who will be aggressive in terms of adding salary. We also don’t know how teams will value Darvish going forward. He was beyond awesome last year and during the 2H of 2019, but he’s had rough stretches before, has had injury issues in the past, and will be 34 years old next season. Just a point of reference, but ZIPS has him as a 2.7 win pitcher over the remaining years of his contract. While I think he will likely outperform that, some teams’ projection models may also see serious regression coming. You are also assuming he’s the only impact pitcher that could be available other than Bauer. We already know that Lynn is likely to be traded. Marquez’s name has been floated around. There could be other guys we’re unaware that could be had. I certainly don’t think Darvish will come cheap, but let’s not get crazy & pretend this is the Chris Sale sweepstakes.
-
Offseason Targets
It depends on your budget and how much FV you’re willing to give up to maximize your ability to win in the near-turn. If we can sign Springer, I’m much more open to trading pieces for Darvish.
-
Offseason Targets
Same here and I say that as a Madrigal fan.
-
Offseason Targets
Sorry, Cease peaked at 25th overall on Pipeline’s rankings. But yeah, I’d be hesitant to give up him up for Darvish and definitely wouldn’t do it if Kimbrel’s contract was involved. That being said, I’m still very high on Cease unlike many on here.
-
Offseason Targets
Kimbrel’s salary is what I was referring to.
-
Offseason Targets
Kimbrel’s salary? My post probably wasn’t clear, but that’s what I was referring to. If Darvish is anywhere close to his 2020 form, his contract is a steal no doubt, just depends on how he ages. If the price gets too high, I’d assume teams would simply go after someone like Marquez who is both young, cheap & controllable.
-
Offseason Targets
All these teams could be interested in Darvish, the question is which ones are willing to give up a top 50 prospect to acquire him and then pay him $59M for his 34 to 36 age seasons.
-
Offseason Targets
For someone who uses Baseballtradevalues all the time to stress test trade proposals, I’d recommend running this one through. No team is giving up a former top 20 prospect Darvish plus taking on a bad salary, especially not in this environment.
-
MLB Free Agents (Prediction Thread)
Bauer doesn’t fit, but La Russa does ?
-
Theo Epstein Resigns; Hoyer Stays
I’d rather lock up a potential 5 win OF to a below market contract for the next half decade instead of basing all my decisions around 2021.
-
Theo Epstein Resigns; Hoyer Stays
Or at the very least a GM role that could quickly turn into a President’s role. That ain’t the Cubs’ position.
- George Springer Thread
-
Theo Epstein Resigns; Hoyer Stays
I think KW is past the daily grind and I doubt Hahn is looking to work under Hoyer.
- George Springer Thread
- George Springer Thread
- George Springer Thread
-
George Springer Thread
Just feel optimistic given all the factors at play. That being said, I’m also assuming the Mets are prioritizing other needs first and if they jump into the mix I’ll be far less optimistic. I tend to agree with the sentiment that if we don’t sign him by Thanksgiving our chances greatly decrease.
- George Springer Thread
-
2021 Hall of Fame Ballot
None of them roiders