Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I certainly wouldn’t be using Big Hurt as a business consultant.
  2. My bad, thought he had already gone unclaimed. Regardless, my point still stands, someone would have given up a C caliber prospect if they thought he was a 4 win player.
  3. Guys - If GMs thought Villar would put up 4 wins next year, he would have been claimed. Clearly they don’t project him to be worth that much (my guess due to flukey base-running value) and FWIW Steamer has him at 1.8 fWAR. That doesn’t mean he can’t be a useful player, I just think people see this big fWAR and unrealistically believe that’s his baseline going forward.
  4. Yeah I think so, his bat is major league ready. Unless they want him working on swing changes to generate more power (which I don’t think is the case) there is zero reason for him to be down in AAA once the service time manipulation is complete.
  5. This is a horrible idea. What exactly would you be trying to accomplish with this plan?
  6. He’s right although I really don’t like Eno.
  7. I guess is very few clubs project him to be worth 4 wins in 2020. That being said, I’m shocked not a single team would take him for 1/$10M.
  8. Why not just get a natural RF?
  9. I simply asked my girl if she wanted that D and she was like “yup!”. Hopefully that’s kosher because I’m not watching this 45 minute video.
  10. Add Wheeler & Villar at $20M & $10M respectively and we’ve got about $10M to $15M left for RF, 5th starter, & bullpen.
  11. Based on what? What do you think their payroll ceiling is this year?
  12. What does this have to do with anything?
  13. But that’s $7M to $10M less we have to spend elsewhere (depending on what they do with Leury).
  14. He’ll also be 3x expensive as Leury.
  15. Which is my fear. Everything below Wheeler, with the exception of possibly Ryu, just doesn’t have TOR upside and would be very much unfulfilling.
  16. It’s a risk no doubt, but dude has been a 4+ win starter two straight years and still has untapped potential. Strasburg would be great, but my guess is he gets 6/$180M minimum and I don’t see us being serious for him at that price point.
  17. Which is exactly what most of us were expecting. Definitely not out of our price range.
  18. It’s amazing how little it takes for you to fold like a house of cards.
  19. Because that’s what teams do?
  20. Then how about Yolmer Sanchez?
  21. I still believe something is close to happening and plan to announce both sides of the transaction simultaneously. That being said, it’s looking less & less likely it will before Thanksgiving.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.