Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Notables from the Dominican Summer League
Good stuff...just need Getz to finally get some of these guys to succeed in full season ball. Lenyn Sosa still has a chance, but not a lot of success stories after Robert & Adolfo.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
So you’re drawing these sweeping conclusions of Wheeler (including calling him Javy Vasquez) based on 25 starts?
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
I really don’t think it’s all that crazy. And I agree, Bumgarner will get at least one more year due to his track record and the fact he’s a lefty.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
Wheeler’s career ERA, FIP, & xFIP are within 0.12 points of each other...
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
Call it what you want to call it, but Wheeler has made more starts since 2017 than Bumgarner. He also has much less mileage on his arm and the stuff remains top-end. You’re too focused on the need for a lefty IMO.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
Wheeler >>>>>> Bumgarner IMO
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
What would you be willing to give Wheeler? 4/$80M seems like a very real possibility IMO and something that I’d do in a heartbeat.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
I thought he said or at least implied that in the NBC Sports podcast.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
Exactly, and I believe Hahn pretty much confirmed they will be looking to acquire premium pitching this offseason.
-
Reinsdorf assures Ron that Abreu will always be a White Sox
Yup, and no doubt it is hard to measure due to small sample sizes, but common sense dictates people react differently to stress.
-
Tax day 2020
100% this. If Yolmer wants more than $2M or so, then Goins & Mendick can compete for the backup IF job next year.
-
Reinsdorf assures Ron that Abreu will always be a White Sox
His career wRC+ with RISP (in nearly 1,000 plate appearances) is significantly higher than without RISP. Are you saying that is a small sample size bias? My view is in the analytics community there is oftentimes confusion that certain things don’t exist or aren’t true because they can’t be validated due to sample size limitations. I feel strongly that certain players perform at higher or lower level in clutch situations whether it can be measured or not.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
Then we’ll be rocking well below average payrolls for the near future and that would be stupid as fuck when we have a cheap, young core already in place.
-
Reinsdorf assures Ron that Abreu will always be a White Sox
And he has been his whole career, but I still think it’s important to point out his numbers in non-RISP situations are not great and have slowly gotten worse with time. That being said, I love Abreu and think it’s important we bring him back for next couple years if the price is right.
-
Reinsdorf assures Ron that Abreu will always be a White Sox
Just to play devil’s advocate, but what’s his line without RISP?
- 8/25 Games
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
Cole is getting significantly more years than guys like Bumgarner & Wheeler, so like it or not there is more inherent long term risk with a Cole contract. And trust me, I’d happily take on that risk and sign Cole, but am able to acknowledge that additional risk that comes with a seven or eight year deal.
-
Lopez exits game while pitching no hitter w/ flu like symptoms & dehydration
Lopez has always been one tough motherfucker...got to love the kid’s heart.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
So it’s not possible Stone thinks long contracts to pitchers are dumb? I’m sure Reinsdorf doesn’t have exclusivity on that line of thinking.
-
Lopez exits game while pitching no hitter w/ flu like symptoms & dehydration
I’m not blaming for the thread, just saying now that the news is out there we should probably change the title.
-
Lopez exits game while pitching no hitter w/ flu like symptoms & dehydration
Might be a good idea to change this thread title before Parkman causes someone to have a heart attack.
-
8/25- Sox vs Rangers, 1:10, NBCSC
How does Lopez look today?
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
But you’re ok with seven years?
-
Getting robbed/what has come of society, etc?
Real talk, is “puter” a word that anyone in mankind has used other than Greg?
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
I don’t follow. How do you know these aren’t just Stone’s opinions? I’ve yet to see any proof or support that Stone is regurgitating Jerry’s views.