Everything posted by MiddleCoastBias
-
Nice Membership, Soxtalk
If we're talking membership purges, I'm sure there are some names we can throw out there ?
-
What’s Vaughn’s offensive ceiling?
In my mind, I feel Vaughn and Spencer Torkelson are intrinsically linked based on their college pedigree. Watching Tork absolutely struggle while Vaughn continues to get better is encouraging to me. And yes I know it's unfair to compare Tork this year to Vaughn this year, and yes I know SSS limitations, etc., but I think they'll be a good career comparison to watch. And fwiw, I still think Tork will be a monster. I just hope that means Vaughn is even better
-
I am old enough to remember…
Picking up the Yermin bit, I'm old enough to remember when Tony *defended our opponent and divisional rival* for throwing at our players following the 3-0 HR.
-
Sosa and Sanchez could help Sox this year
Also my mind went to when Avery Weems was suddenly listed higher on our internal prospect list right before we moved him. Pump the tires a bit to drum up interest.
-
TLR 2022 Thread
Can't blow the save if we blow the hold first.
-
TLR 2022 Thread
The job security afforded by this organization is truly astounding.
-
2022 White Sox drinking game
Jeeze, man, do you have a death wish??
-
Dallas Keuchel DFA
Don't rain on this parade, just let us have our fun.
-
Glad to see Dallas has pride
You lost the front office at "pay the full salary".
-
Sox vs Sox Rubbermatch and Season Finale- 7:10 CT
Why do people keep saying this? What about his contract do I not understand? I see "2023 Vesting Option vests with 320 IP across 2021-2022, including 160 IP in 2022" according to Spotrac https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/dallas-keuchel-11592/ He pitched 162 innings last year, so he still just has to hit the 160 IP this year. He's already at 30 IP. 130 more innings pitched is much more attainable, and also why he's complaining about being pulled in games that he's actually not getting shelled. I don't think this is so far-fetched. What am I missing?
-
Sox vs Sox Rubbermatch and Season Finale- 7:10 CT
I disagree, I think VV gets the boot once Lynn returns. TLR will see "former Cy Young winner" next to Keuchel's name and will continue to trot him out there out of respect.
-
Moncada + Grandal
Remember how we started the year being told that his bat was so important that he'd be DHing more often so we can keep him in the lineup, and now he's becoming a liability at DH? Woops.
-
Robert, Anderson, Kopech all on ESPN’s MUST SEE TV list
And the Sox in general, considering how they've literally forgotten our existence in recent years when talking about past championships in the city, etc.
-
Josh Donaldson called Tim Anderson "Jackie"
Who was that, again? Like Giolito?
-
Josh Donaldson called Tim Anderson "Jackie"
https://youtu.be/zDAmPIq29ro - Manfred, trying to say it was all a misunderstanding
-
5/16 Sox @ Royals 7:10PM CT
Defenders will say "he's forgotten more about the game of baseball than you'll ever know!" like it's a good thing ?
-
5/16 Sox @ Royals 7:10PM CT
Someone should at least send this press release to JR like "look, it's possible to do things like this!"
-
It's time to put Jose out to pasture
This is a wonderful post and a great example of how this forum is used to share insightful information or perspective, really enjoyed it.
-
It's time to put Jose out to pasture
Not sure if this part is implying that we trade him, but we're definitely not getting any prospects if we do. Aging RH 1B have zero value in today's game; his value to this club (leadership, even just a bench coach) is way more than it is to any other team. Best case scenario is he takes a "wise old vet" approach and cedes some ABs while taking more time on the bench.
-
It's time to put Jose out to pasture
If you keep making the same thread and point every year, it's bound to be accurate eventually.
-
How Unconcerned Should We Be?
Am I reading this right that we've only had one 3-0 count as a team all season? I know we have some aggressive hitters but... wow.
-
How Concerned Should We Be?
Who's that guy at #2? ?
- ESPN+ grades White Sox an F for first month.
-
Lineup Once Yoan Returns
Might need to ptatc to opine on this, but it seems like league-wide there are way more oblique injuries early in the season, is that just a short spring training thing?
-
Time to Sacrifice Dallas
It's not like he's Jose Quintana, having his 0 ER or 1 ER starts spoiled by a lousy offense. Dude is bad in his own right and would need the offense to put up 6 runs through the first two innings for anyone to confidence that we'll be able to hold on.