Timmy U
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Andrew Benintendi on the trade market (duh)
Are they trying to make sure that Vaughn is the highest paid player on the team as payback to everyone who said he should be non-tendered?
-
Should Sox pursue Carson Kelly
Framing will still matter because mlb is going to the challenge system, not robots umps. Sheets is not a good lefty bat off the bench because he lacks positional versatility, Julks is not a good short side of an outfield platoon because he had like a .580 OPS. That is all.
-
Hitting Prospects
Buerhle was a draft and follow. If Sox didn’t pay him, he would have been a top 10 rounds prospect. But your point is well taken.
-
Non-Tender Day
Good God. If that is the case, and Montgomery and Quero start the year in the minors, this team could lose 130 games.
-
Non-Tender Day
What an awesome article of a guy writing about someone else’s horrible trade idea. In his article, Heyman even says he doesn’t know why the Sox would do the deal. Brady Singer just got India and Wiemer. I think Crochet will fetch significantly more than Lux.
-
2024: AL Central Thread
The Royals just traded Sox killer Brady Singer for Jonathan India and Joey Wiemer. Should help Witt Jr some on offense.
-
Non-Tender Day
Madrigal is a non-tender. Maybe Detroit will pick him up to reunite him with Benetti
-
Non-Tender Day
I believe this went exactly as I predicted. All these other relievers can be DFA if they don’t make the team in spring.
-
Non-Tender Day
I would argue that there are a lot of guys I would dump first, including Shewmake, Amaya, Scholtens, Julks, and Chuckie Robinson. If they need 9 spots, including the 2 they already have open, Colas is definitely vulnerable.
-
Non-Tender Day
So it begins. I wish Gavin all the luck as he seeks to become the next Ryan O’Hearn.
-
Non-Tender Day
One of those Spidermen is gonna get $2 mil in arbitration, though.
-
Non-Tender Day
A five man platoon of LF Benintendi/Slater CF Robert RF Hays with Fletcher 5th OF occasional starts for Hays against tough righthanders would be pretty good. Let’s not pretend either Fletcher or DeLoach has earned a starting job in mlb.
-
Austin Slater Signed to MLB Deal
As I said above, you could have both Slater and Hays as part of a 5 man outfield rotation. You would have to part with Julks, if you could bear it.
-
Should Sox pursue Carson Kelly
For the extra year? Before he got hurt Quero was tearing up AAA. I can see manipulating his service time but Quero is already a better receiver and game caller than Lee. And he is miles better as a hitter.
-
Non-Tender Day
Austin Hays is a non-tender. Might be a good target.
-
Austin Slater Signed to MLB Deal
Austin Hays about to be non-tendered. Hays as a starting right fielder with occasional starts from either DeLoach or Fletcher and Slater platooning with Benny would be a reasonable outfield, methinks.
-
Non-Tender Day
Vargas’ best defensive position is DH. But it is hard to count on a guy who hit .105 in a decent sample size with metrics that are as bad as you think. They gotta give him half a season, but as he is without options, he is a slow boat headed to DFA.
-
Non-Tender Day
Just asking the question. I think Vaughn is a fairly tough call when you have no credible replacement either in house or really on the market and a new hitting coach who may be able to help Vaughn. Your thought experiment was he's suddenly a decent offensive player. Obviously, if they think he is going to be as bad as he was last year, he's an obvious non-tender.
-
Non-Tender Day
Depends. What is the $ value of not being completely unwatchable for 2 years? It's not like they're going to use the money on something else. If a 2 WAR 1b helps you stay close to .500 a little longer into the season, maybe that $15 mil pays for itself while you develop other players? I'm pretty sure losing 120 games every year would not be good for the club's long-term financial health.
-
Potential Crochet Trade discussion Thread
Thanks. IMHO: Orioles - Hell no. Phillies - No. Dodgers - Hell yeah. Red Sox - Sure, I guess. Cubs - No.
-
Soxfest back for 2025
Gotta keep the venue small or the collective negativity could open up a portal to the Upside Down.
-
Non-Tender Day
Nicky, Foster, and Lambert are already gone, so you're half right no matter what. I imagine they tender all the remaining relievers except De Los Santos and they tender Vaughn. Remember arb eligible players can be released in the Spring for a minuscule amount. Arb salaries are not guaranteed until the season starts.
-
Rule 5 Protection tomorrow
If I recall correctly, he injured his back from sitting too long on the flight from Japan.
-
Montgomery story...
Yes, but no one else has earned that job either, so... I wish him success whenever he reaches the bigs.
-
Rule 5 Protection tomorrow
I feel like between, Anderson, Scholtens, Varland, Wilson, Chuckie Robinson, Amaya, Sheets, Shewmake, and Corey Julks the Sox have plenty of flexibility before you even consider the possible non-tenders of De Los Santos, Sheets, and Vaughn. They can add anyone to this roster that they think is an upgrade all winter long.