Everything posted by OmarComing25
-
Chris Sale Scratched From Monday's Start
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 02:55 PM) Well, according to every Cubs fan ever, he's "bound for TJ surgery any day", so by their standards, that's a huge overpay! http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/pred...-surgeries.html Funny thing is according to this article Sale has a below-average risk for TJ surgery.
-
Last man on the roster is down to...
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 02:24 PM) Probably Melky since he wasn't good against lefties last season. In only 171 AB though, it's a sample too small to read that much into. He had a .784 OPS in 2014 and an OPS over 1.000 in 2012 against lefties.
-
White Sox Sign Miguel Gonzalez
QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 01:23 PM) They could make room for him in the bullpen and use him as a long man and try to work through whatever issues they think he may have and transition him into the rotation as a spot becomes available. Who are you kicking out of the bullpen for him?
-
How much would you pay to take Panda off of Boston's hands?
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 03:56 PM) Zero Bust in Boston We have a 3rd baseman...Panda can play no other position. If this isn't "hero worshiping", then what is it? I think you've forever ruined the word "hero" for me.
-
White Sox Sign Miguel Gonzalez
I read that his velocity is way down, and he's a big flyball pitcher too. Not bad to have more options I guess but I don't have high hopes for him, especially when a team that could have the worst rotation in the MLB cuts him.
-
Spring Training Cuts thread
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 09:37 AM) I think what we'll see happen is Avi gets his chance and will be re-evaluated when June comes around. If Avi is struggling in June, the Sox start shopping for a LH OF bat. Until then were stuck with the Avi experiment. My hangups with Loney are based on him only being a 1B and his bat is just not impressive. If the Sox were going to carry a five player bench I would be open to the idea of Loney but they are only carrying four on the bench so versatility from the last spot becomes more important, IMHO. Ishikawa/Sands bring the versatility that Loney cannot provide. I just don't see Loney being a significant enough of an upgrade to push Ishikawa/Sands out of the picture. At this point I would rather stick with what the Sox have and see how they look in June. Avi has an 84 wRC+ against RHP in 800 PA in his career. That's terrible. Loney's bat might not be impressive, but even his uninspiring 2015 RHP splits are still way better than Avi's career numbers against RHP. I hope the Avi experiment has a short leash.
-
Spring Training Cuts thread
I'd rather have Loney (provided we get him for basically nothing) than Ishikawa, but that's not saying much. His numbers against RHP were very uninspiring in 2015, but they were pretty good in 2014 and 2013 (120 and 122 wRC+), so he at least has more upside than Ishikawa does. Hopefully we can get someone better though.
-
2016 AL Central catch-all thread
Indians moved Bauer to the pen. Anderson and Tomlin will be the 4th and 5th starters.
-
Bold Minors Predictions
Eddy Alvarez continues hitting in AA, puts himself on the radar for a big-league role in 2017-2018.
-
Spring Training Cuts thread
Nah we would still need Lawrie, considering we had the worst production in the MLB out of the 2B spot last year. Even if Lawrie is only the 20th best 2B (where projections have him), that's still a big upgrade. And we gave up nothing in the trade to get him.
-
3/29 vs Rangers
QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 04:51 PM) If Nate Jones keeps up his dominance & Petricka, Putnam & Albers can continue to do what they usually do, they're are going to win a lot of games because of it. Not nearly as dominant is the Royals pen but even something like it is going to make them win games. I feel like everyone is overrating the Royals pen right now. They lost two major pieces from last year, and while Davis/Herrera/Soria should be a great back end again (though Herrera was not very dominant last year), I'm less than impressed with their other options, and they're going to need to rely on those guys a lot with their paper thin rotation.
-
Opening Day Roster Prediction
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 12:50 PM) I don't get the fascination with Rollins. I mean, he deserves to make the team, but I still think Saladino is the better player. That aside, it looks as though Rollins will be our #2 hitter? I'd much rather have Melky or even Austin Jackson there than a guy who hit worse than Saladino and Flowers last year. I don't get your fascination with batting average, it's one of the worst stats to judge hitters, especially on its own.
-
Spring Training Cuts thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 01:10 PM) So the Sox should just ignore the 1141 plate appearances Davidson has made in AAA the past 2 years where he barely hit .200 and struck out more often than Adam Dunn, and base a roster spot on the 44 plate appearances he made this spring in games that don't count. No one really can be serious, right? Send him to Charlotte. If he's worth a roster spot, he will show he's worth a roster spot. Couldn't agree more, I can't believe so many are putting so much stock in 50 PA in Spring Training, it shouldn't change your opinion much.
-
Opening Day Roster Prediction
QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 10:01 AM) I don't get the fascination with Ishikawa at all. No way should he be your DH and batting 6th to start the season. I think you're confusing fascination with "the best option we have against RHP at DH". It's clearly a big need right now.
-
article on Danks tipping pitches and mechanics.
QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 03:58 PM) I guess he's tipping his pitches again today Sox starting pitching is more troubling to me than the offense by far heading into the season. I've never seen someone worry so much about Spring Training stats. My opinion has remained unchanged of pretty much everyone compared to a month ago. Danks is who he is, he'll get bombed sometimes, sometimes he'll give you a good start, and at the end of the year he'll be around in the 4.60-5.00 ERA range. Latos is a concern, because we have no idea what to expect out of him, but that concern was the same on March 1st as it is now.
-
Should Swisher come back to the Sox????
Maybe my least favorite White Sox player ever, and I don't see the fit anyway. Even if he had something left in the tank, he hits LHP much better than RHP, which is the opposite of what we need at DH.
-
3/27 vs Giants
QUOTE (daggins @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 05:43 PM) Until he bombs in the regular season I will give Latos the benefit of the doubt. +1, not hitting the panic button yet.
-
West Region Anaheim CA
Oklahoma can't miss, 9/12 from 3 in the first half.
-
2016 Cubs catch-all thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 05:02 PM) I'm going to bring a baby bear to your work one day for you to hang out with! Does the baby bear get its own locker in the clubhouse too?
-
2016 Cubs catch-all thread
A lot of people didn't mind and even liked Ozzie constantly shooting his mouth off to the press from '05-'08, but once the shine started to fade a little on that title and the Sox started having more frequent losing seasons people got annoyed with him in a hurry.
-
Opening Day Roster Prediction
QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 02:53 PM) Yea but they are replacing Alexei, Flowers and and one of Melky/Avi wrt to Jackson. Not exactly big shoes to fill. If the Sox can get 4-5 WAR combined from Rollins, Jackson and Avila/Navarro I think they will take it and it will go a long way towards getting to 86-88 wins. Fangraphs projections have the four collectively at 5 WAR, I think it's fairly reasonable. The guys they are replacing were collectively worth -0.1 WAR last year, so that'd be a big upgrade.
-
3.24 Game thread
I hated that game at the time but watching the gif of Sale angrily going into the clubhouse with the bat and swinging away always makes me smile now.
-
article on Danks tipping pitches and mechanics.
QUOTE (peppers312 @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 08:57 AM) when has velocity ever equated to wins for him? he's not a power pitcher. and similar to Buehrle, Danks' success has ALWAYS been centered around his ability to locate pitches. he can throw 89-90 for all i care as long as he's in control. that's where he's going to see success. Really his success has seemed to hinge on whether he has his changeup working and locating well.
-
2016 MLB catch all thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 02:05 PM) MLB is not a government job. They are required to stay in big cities and super-posh hotels and most have crazy hours and can't get out to eat places. One dinner meal in a downtown area can be $150+. $150 per person? Maybe if you order the most expensive bottle of wine and multiple entrees. But there's no way the players are "required" to do that.
-
3/23 vs Padres
QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 07:01 PM) I wonder what the chances are he beats Jennings for a spot. Jennings has always been one of those "meh" guys IMO. Only advantage he has going for him is he is out of minor league options. Jennings doesn't get enough credit around here. He was solid last year (especially in the 2nd half). To me he should be higher on the depth chart than Duke.