Game Thread 7/23/2016

oldsox

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:23 PM)
Ehh... I've seen more terrible.. but we were weak in the clutch offensively like usual.

Terrible having to use the pen like this, the Sale situation, rain delays. That's what made it terrible.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)
Terrible having to use the pen like this, the Sale situation, rain delays. That's what made it terrible.

Hopefully, making his team pay for his immaturity will make an impression on him.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:28 AM)
Hopefully, making his team pay for his immaturity will make an impression on him.

I guess we probably know the story with Sale but it's strange and actually a bit disturbing if true

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:40 PM)
With the multiple rain delays... I doubt Sale would have pitched more than 2 innings anyway.

He probably would have resumed after the first one.

Ridiculous they don't just suspend this now.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:40 PM)
With the multiple rain delays... I doubt Sale would have pitched more than 2 innings anyway.

True. But maybe he will still think twice before doing something again because of the way it started. It would be funny if he pitched in the continued game tomorrow and got the win. Suspended for the game for idiotic behavior but still gets the win.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
Too bad Jones couldn't field a f***ing ground ball

Also Sale and the White Sox screwed over the fans that paid to see one of baseballs best pitch

Reinsdorf and both organizations he owns are a f***ing joke

I really can't believe so many people condone this type of behavior and blame management for punishing him.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
Too bad Jones couldn't field a f***ing ground ball

Also Sale and the White Sox screwed over the fans that paid to see one of baseballs best pitch

Reinsdorf and both organizations he owns are a f***ing joke

How is Sale's childishness Reinsdorf's fault?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:45 PM)
Ventura said Sale will not pitch tomorrow. They get a 26th man for the second game.

I would imagine they will call up a starter. Worth noting is that Raunando is lined up to start for Charlotte. They could also send down a guy like Kanhle who has pitched a lot lately too (48 pitched over 3 innings in the last two days) to call up a reliever and give them two fresh arms.

Sale will go on and dominate for years to come; our Sox sadly were a one-hit wonder (2005). It was a glorious year and I thank you White Sox forever for that. But wow I am a fan of a crap organization.

I back Chris Sale 100 percent? Why? Cause he knows management blows. If it's not the uniform it's LaRoche or something else. Sale is elite; our management team is not. Can anybody dispute that?? I know it's a travesty to say this. I almost wish they traded him to to Cubs now just so he could no hit us this season then win three games in the WS.

Long live Chris Sale!

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:28 AM)

Cmon. You think his teammates feel let down? This is millionaire baseball. They know Sale's a f***ing stud and KW and the rest of the suits are clowns. This team proved long ago this season it's not a "team." They don't give a f*** what Sale did. He backs it up with performance. He's the best player on the damn team; he can do whatever he wants.