Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 1

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
Shuck hustles every play. I will give him that.

I'm startin to like him more.

BTW how cab our announcers call this game exciting. It was mental midget bailout III.

I think Robin needs to know his players better. You probably don't start the 7th with Miggy, he has always hit some type of wall. Try one of the rookies for a batter or two before expecting the moon from Albers. Why pitch to f***ing Rizzo there?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
I think Robin needs to know his players better. You probably don't start the 7th with Miggy, he has always hit some type of wall. Try one of the rookies for a batter or two before expecting the moon from Albers. Why pitch to f***ing Rizzo there?

He doesn't want to go to his pen, and with a really good reason.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
Cubs only think they're hot s***. Sox will cool 'em off tonight! :lol:

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
I have a feeling the Sox are going to get to Arrieta tonight.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 06:47 PM)
They're still the Cubs.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
Don't worry, we've got this.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Now it's Saladino's chance to win the game.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
My man Saladino!!!

Very satisfying win!

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:33 AM)
I'm waiting for baseball Jesus to appear per Greg's promise.

My ninth inning scenario came true. Said 50 percent chance we'd win but if we went to 10th I was gonzo. No way I'd watch.

You must admit I've loved Saladino all year. Didn't you love that not only he stroked it up the middle but watch his follow thru. He crushed that single. It was a rocket. He's a damn fine player.

That was a great ballgame. Not good that we blew the two run lead but Albers got bailed out and we won. Amazing how we can't just simply get a win for the starting pitcher. I was wrong about him being a hack. He pitched a fine game, leading 4-2.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
He doesn't want to go to his pen, and with a really good reason.

They have pitched like utter s*** but you have to use them at some point and can't leave your starters out to dry.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 11:39 PM)
They have pitched like utter s*** but you have to use them at some point and can't leave your starters out to dry.

He was into the 7th inning with a shutout and in the mid 90's for pitches. He wasn't "left out to dry".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
He was into the 7th inning with a shutout and in the mid 90's for pitches. He wasn't "left out to dry".

That's debatable. He gave up the double to Montero and then the jack to Baez. It was obvious he was getting gassed.

Miguel was amazing. He's been better than expected for a month now. Saladino needs to play more. Eaton - what the heck happened to Eaton's D. One poor read turned into single, one over run - his second in a few days and THREE bobbles trying to pick up ball. Is he trying to undo all the WAR he's built up?

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
Jason Heyward is TERRIBLE

There was a chant around the late innings with Cubs fans saying "earn your contract". Even Cubs fans are souring on him.. and I don't blame them.