White Sox trade Zach Duke to the STL Cardinals

flavum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
If the Sox aren't going to make any bigger moves, they just traded one of their better relievers from their already thin bullpen for a fourth outfielder which weakens them for next year. So if the plan was to give it one more shot with this group in 2017, this is a bad move as it stands alone.

Duke's contract should not have been an issue.

This move should signal that the Sox are about to make some big moves, or at least a flurry of smaller moves. Otherwise it looks pretty much like making a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

Agreed.

A sad fact on our minors and I realize it is a MLB prospect rating so take it with a pound of salt but his hit tool is rated at 55 (power 30). 55 is as high a rating as any of our hitting prospects in top 30. Collins and Fisher are the only TWO at 55.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Heard from pair of scouts that Charlie Tilson has plus speed, is a good defender with discipline at plate. Bat is the question. #WhiteSox

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/759792804495261696

If he's ranked #12 on the Cardinals prospect list, he's immediately in our Top 5

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)

From reading that, he sounds better than what I read elsewhere, or at least the Sox scouts see him that way, so take it with a grain of salt, I guess: White Sox Scout: “Extremely fast, athletic. Really good defender with speed. Should play for Sox now. Line drive hitter. People thought power would come, hasn’t quite yet. Brett Gardner is a good player comp."

I've read elsewhere that he is a ground ball hitter and average on defense. The Sox scouts say he is a line drive hitter and a really good defender. Only time will tell.

He should be starting in CF for the White Sox for the rest of the season to see what he's got.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
New #5 prospect. That should be a wakeup for some. Cardinals are good mlb and much deeper farm. Currently we are neither. Monday night who knows???

Shows how starved for hitters at minor league system Sox are.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:26 PM)
A difficult proposition for someone growing up in the North Shore.

That's what I said, but a Cardinals article written when he was drafted assured fans that he did not grow up a Cubs fan, but rather a White Sox fan

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
is he coming to chicago or Charlotte?

playing in the Cardinals' system, at least he should be better at fundamentals than most.

Getting Duke off the books for next season is a plus.

Sounds like he's going to be starting in CF against Detroit on Tuesday.