White Sox Coaching Staff Changes

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
I like that McEwing is back, people speak very highly of him and to have him in a bigger role should make the Sox better in the dugout.

Was hoping for new blood from outside the org but I'll take it.

Super Joe reminds me of Joe Maddon when he was a bench coach for Scioscia in LA.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
To me, it's another indication they aren't rebuilding. The rotation will be Sale, Quintana, Rodon, Gonzalez, and Shields...and they'll find a way to not make the playoffs again.

You are probably right. Would be nice to either fix Shields or get rid of him. I'd say get rid of him. Look at poor Danks. We didn't try to fix him, figured he was toast. It'll be the same with Shields I bet. He's done. That's not a bad top four. We're still going to need a MUCH BETTER bullpen cause except for Sale and Q we'll have to cover the final 3 innings with Rodon, Gonzo and Shields. That's scary cause our bullpen just reeks. It has ever since Joe Morgan opened his mouth and that was a LONG time ago.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
You are probably right. Would be nice to either fix Shields or get rid of him. I'd say get rid of him. Look at poor Danks. We didn't try to fix him, figured he was toast. It'll be the same with Shields I bet. He's done. That's not a bad top four. We're still going to need a MUCH BETTER bullpen cause except for Sale and Q we'll have to cover the final 3 innings with Rodon, Gonzo and Shields. That's scary cause our bullpen just reeks. It has ever since Joe Morgan opened his mouth and that was a LONG time ago.

You know Danks was injured and due to the injury was never able to recover.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
It's amazing that this organizational seemingly makes the wrong choice at every turn. Common sense does not exist on the south side.

Hopefully they are all getting pay raises. They were able to bring the team from 10 under .500 all the way to 6 under. Goal by 2018 should be over .500..........................................

Who exactly does the Steverson/Sparks hitting system supposedly point to in terms of organizational or system-wide approach results?

Anderson? Saladino? Carlos Sanchez's final month? Leury Garcia?

I hope the answer as it is to all things isn't that this year's draft and Hostetler will fix everything that was broken...along with 2-3 future Jeremy Reeds.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)
why oh why does this org refuse to clear out dead wood?

Because it is ran by weak willed individuals at the top. Also, they just wing it every year and hope to catch lightning in a bottle with their subpar acquisitions. Im convinced they are lazy and are too buddy-buddy with their coaching staff. Oh and the way they handled the Robin departure was embarrassing. Oh and maybe they should stop the fan shaming. We are calling them out because they have failed us over and over again the last 8 seasons. Perhaps for once, they can be more transparent with their long term plans and goals? Gosh, KW and Hahn are damn lucky to work for the White Sox, any other organization woulld have canned them a long time ago. To me , this is proof that JR is getting dementia or just doesn't care anymore.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 08:01 PM)
Because it is ran by weak willed individuals at the top. Also, they just wing it every year and hope to catch lightning in a bottle with their subpar acquisitions. Im convinced they are lazy and are too buddy-buddy with their coaching staff. Oh and the way they handled the Robin departure was embarrassing. Oh and maybe they should stop the fan shaming. We are calling them out because they have failed us over and over again the last 8 seasons. Perhaps for once, they can be more transparent with their long term plans and goals? Gosh, KW and Hahn are damn lucky to work for the White Sox, any other organization woulld have canned them a long time ago. To me , this is proof that JR is getting dementia or just doesn't care anymore.

I think he doesn't care anymore, maybe because his health is failing.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
I think Severson is a good hitting coach. Look at what he's had to work with and look at how better guys in the minors are doing.

Meh, no one's raved about him since the beginning of 2014. I didn't care about him nor Coop. It was bench coach and some others. I'm tired of this s***ty organization's complacency.

Meanwhile, prioritizing scouting and development at both the major league levels paying off for the Indians...it all started with the addition of Francona, the surprising commitment to pay a Top 5 managerial salary for a perennial doormat revenue-wise, HUGE.

Edited by caulfield12

My first reaction was the same as many, no real changes. OK...maybe there will be much needed changes with the players we'll see.

I also got an interesting e-mail this afternoon while on the bus from a prominent media member in Chicago commenting on a certain aspect of the coaching staff:

"Kenny's spies - Boston and Steverson stay"

Take it for what it may be worth.

Mark