World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

Well, the Cubs finally made the right moves and got an owner willing to spend money and a genius GM in Theo and the best manager in the game in Maddon.

So you can see why they won it. Not to make it worse, but we have a horrible cheap owner (albeit maybe he CAN'T spend more; I realize we spend a good amount, but...) we have two horrific GMs who get in each other's way and we had a horrific manager so we had no chance of overachieving like that lousy Indians team did.

So the curse was bulls***. The Cubs finally got it right. Owner, check; GM check; manager, check.

-- Before you ream me, can u say Ben Zobrist? Uh the Cubs even paid to get HIM and he's Mr. Postseason.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:15 AM)
He's a bad matchup vs Cubs because he doesn't throw a lot of curves. Everything hard by him

He didn't have problems for most of the series.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: the Cubs hitting got better in the series because of how much they saw the Indians bullpen, which was primarily just 3 guys. The Cubs have great hitters, the Indians just had a really good gameplan for most of the series. The Cubs adjusted and their talent overcame the Indians'.

I'm still trying to figure out how Davis smashed that Chapman pitch for a homer. The Cubs came out after the rain delay and were all calm and focused after meeting in the locker room. I won't blame that though. After not winning since 1908 the Cubs were due for this luck bulls*** to be on their side.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:21 AM)
I can't wait to have them half ass it again this offseason and leave a bunch of holes on the roster but claim they are "going for it."

The roster the Indians took to the World Series is worse than ours. I know they have multiple key players injured but they still got there. Sale/Q/Rodon is miles ahead of what they sent out there. Just imagine pitching Sale 3 times and Q 2 times in a 7 game series. How can you possibly lose that series?

I have no problem with them going for it but we need a bullpen stopper like Chapman/Miller and another big time bat (Cespedes, Encarnacion, etc.). I like our chances to be a surprise team if we can get that.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:30 AM)
And I was also thinking will Cubs fans finally shut the f*** up now? Haha

Oh god no.

And while I'm glad for a few select friends, I will never root for the Cubs or the bandwagoners. They failed my gramps in 2003, so I'll still always root against them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:36 AM)
Oh god no.

And while I'm glad for a few select friends, I will never root for the Cubs or the bandwagoners. They failed my gramps in 2003, so I'll still always root against them.

My grandfather who died in 1998 was a big Cubs fan but still rooted for the Sox. I feel him hear with me. I wouldn't give up those memories of going to Wrigley Field with him in the nineteen-eighties for nothing.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:42 AM)
My grandfather who died in 1998 was a big Cubs fan but still rooted for the Sox. I feel him hear with me. I wouldn't give up those memories of going to Wrigley Field with him in the nineteen-eighties for nothing.

My gramps never took us to Wrigley and he was becoming more of a Sox fan towards the end of his life because my mom was his only child, so his only close family were Sox fans. He began to loathe the Cubs for losing so much at the end, so I'll keep that in mind forever.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:43 AM)
My gramps never took us to Wrigley and he was becoming more of a Sox fan towards the end of his life because my mom was his only child, so his only close family were Sox fans. He began to loathe the Cubs for losing so much at the end, so I'll keep that in mind forever.

I'm just happy this is over. Cubs are now just another mlb team.