White Sox looking to deal Robertson

southsider2k5

Just hold Robertson. I have a feeling he's got a rack up a ton of garbage time innings where teams just want to go home after already pasting a hapless Sox starter (assuming Q is dealt) and have nearly the same value the Yankees duo had this past season. If Rizzo has malfunction and actually offers Robles for him sure, go ahead and make that deal but barring an unrealistically stupid offer there's no point in dealing Robertson right now.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
Just hold Robertson. I have a feeling he's got a rack up a ton of garbage time innings where teams just want to go home after already pasting a hapless Sox starter (assuming Q is dealt) and have nearly the same value the Yankees duo had this past season. If Rizzo has malfunction and actually offers Robles for him sure, go ahead and make that deal but barring an unrealistically stupid offer there's no point in dealing Robertson right now.

I want to deal Robertson now. Then you let Jones close and dominate and deal him at midseason.

I want to deal Robertson now. Then you let Jones close and dominate and deal him at midseason.

Start thinking about the Sox starting rotation without Quintana and there will be plentttyyyy of innings to go around in the bullpen. But yea, that's a valid point. Personally I'd be more on the side of getting your Ken Giles deal now for Nate Jones and holding Robertson for a rebound. Jones' health still worries me.

Trying to temper expectation on Robertson trade so I'm pleasantly surprised. Severino sounds like one of those guys that Soxtalk gets obsessed with though and doesn't work out, but then 5 years later that guy is playing in Korea (unless we get him, then he'll be great).

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
Trying to temper expectation on Robertson trade so I'm pleasantly surprised. Severino sounds like one of those guys that Soxtalk gets obsessed with though and doesn't work out, but then 5 years later that guy is playing in Korea (unless we get him, then he'll be great).

I think someone who is widely considering the best defensive catcher in the minors sounds like a wonderful thing for a young pitching staff. Even if he can hardly hit his weight.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)

At the very worst, I think Severino is a legit backup defensive catcher along the lines of Christian Vasquez. Very encouraging reports on his defense, if his bat pans out, even better. I think we would all be realyl happy to have a catcher like that, especially if Collins breaks as a catcher.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
I think someone who is widely considering the best defensive catcher in the minors sounds like a wonderful thing for a young pitching staff. Even if he can hardly hit his weight.

Kind of the reason why I want Bellinger if we talk to the Dodgers in any way. Dude is probably a legit gold glove caliber player at 1B that will help our infielders tremendously. It would be nice to have a stud defensive team ala the Royals.

You know if you want a good defensive catcher who's locked up for a long time go bother the Indians about Yan Gomes. The dirty little secret about the Tribe is other than Miller and sometimes Cody Allen their bullpen didn't do them many favors in the postseason.

Only real questions I have is the injury history may limit his ability to play C and whether the Indians would be comfortable letting him go. I'm not even fully sold on the idea but it's a little intriguing.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Robertson and Quintana next?

What if the Rick Hahn rebuild plan ™ was to use what little assets were in the system when he took over to stock up on veterans, suck for a while, then sell them off in one big shocking off-season?????

keanu-reeves-wondering.jpg

Conspiracy theories now? :lol:

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
Bummed about Jansen going back to LA -- was hoping we could package Frazier/Robertson

Yeah, seemed like Dodgers/White Sox had a good rapport after Frazier trade and constant rumors, but clear they liked their own options more (and I do too), with exception of Rich Hill.

The more I am looking at the market, the more the Rockies look like the best trading partner. A Quintana and Robertson package seems to be in order for a Rodgers, Tapia, Marquez and Feeland package.

Sox seem to like to get positional prospects that are close to being ready. They get 2 in this deal.

Also, 2 lottery ticket arms who could be useful in the long run.

Rockies.

Get a number one starter and a closer. Their bullpen was not very good last year.

They get to keep there two best pitching prospects. I am not high on either.

Edited by kwill